Awoo.

Sonic Generations with Ryan Drummond & the original voice cast by BOXINGMAN127

GUILD

I saw this comment on the video and it speaks so much truth:

"HOLY SHIT I'm laughing this is so awesome. How exactly does Roger Craig Smith's voice sound older or more mature than either RD or JAG especially when, voices aside, his personality and isms are more juvenile and impulsive then they've ever been? What kind of propaganda? He sounds more mature in this than he ever did in actual generations.. ._>
If we were to "rank" maturity, it'd be for sure JAG>RD>RCS. In fact, Unleashed all I could think about was how Sonic seemed older and more mature and seasoned even if just in voice than ever before. He seemed more 20 years old, like an adult more than ever. In fact I was wondering id SEGA's ever change his official age because of it. Let alone that this was before I knew the 20th anniversary was coming up.

Just got finished watching...this was much more self-supporting and cinematic than the original. ._."

Obviously I just watched it for fun and whatifs and subconciously filled in the blanks left there for obvious reasons, but even that turned out more involving than the what we got in the actual games.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's been 10 freakin' years. Move on, people.

Can you calm your tits? Good God.

God forbid anyone enjoy a video like this, much less voice an opinion lmao

• Thumbs Up 1

Look, as much as I understand why people might prefer one voice over another, I'm rather annoyed by how there still seem to be these petty VA wars over a topic that is ultimately pretty insignificant. If you think Ryan Drummond is the absolute perfect voice for Sonic, good for you. If you don't and prefer another VA, that's also good for you. But can we like...get over this constant bashing of VA's we don't like? I mean...its not really accomplishing anything. Its so meaningless. 

I thought we left this shit back in 2005.

As for the video itself, yea its awkward and pretty poorly implemented considering the sound quality fluctuates and doesn't even match up with cinematic audio itself. If you're trying to convince me that Drummon is better, you're doing a pretty poor job at it.

I don't like Roger, I think he sounds like someone tied a dumbbell to his nuts and plugged his nose.

That said I don't give a shit that he's the current VA, I'm more tired of  the LOL SO FUNNY shitty narratives this series has had since Colors. Ken Pontac's writing is about as funny as a heart attack and his storywriting is even worse.

• Thumbs Up 3

The problem I have with a lot of the current voice actors is that they were just trying to imitate the old voice actors. They did a pretty horrible job with it. Now? They're actually pretty darn good. Knuckles is good, Amy doesn't sound like Minnie anymore, and Sonic seems to have it down pretty well.

A lot of people say their last games (Sonic Heroes, Sonic & Black Knight) had really good voice acting. Give it time and the current voice actors will have nailed it down too.

The problem I have with a lot of the current voice actors is that they were just trying to imitate the old voice actors. They did a pretty horrible job with it. Now? They're actually pretty darn good. Knuckles is good, Amy doesn't sound like Minnie anymore, and Sonic seems to have it down pretty well.

A lot of people say their last games (Sonic Heroes, Sonic & Black Knight) had really good voice acting. Give it time and the current voice actors will have nailed it down too.

• Thumbs Up 4

Even when I was a bigger Sonic dork, for some reason I just could not get passionate about voice actors. Maybe I'm naive to other fanbases, but I've just never heard of such heated debates on VA's for a series as I have with Sonic. They definitely aren't as big of a deal as they used to be, but back in say, 2005-06 when I joined up, there were camps equivalent to Team Jacob and Team Edward from Twilight. It's definitely cool to like a certain voice but I can't really understand being generally upset since a character doesn't sound like what you grew up with, especially for a series so not-serious. Sonic has always been a flurry of different voices of the same nose-plugged raspy edge-teen quality, and always thought each one of them fit the role just fine. I mean how dead on do you have to be to say a bunch of "HA! HEY GUY, 2 COOL. WOOOOAH, TAILZ?!" Not to ding on the hard job of being a voice actor, but when it gets down the schematics of if a said Sonic voice actor sounds "too mature" or too "obnoxious," I think it's sort of getting ridiculous for a hedgehog that's stuck in the 90s verbally. But hey that's just me, too each their own of course. This is coming from a guy that doesn't get cringed like a nail to chalk board over English dubs on anime, a whole 'nother ballgame when it comes to VA fighting.

Like... you seem like the angrier of the two here bro lmao

These kinda videos make me cringe so hard

Even setting aside the abysmal quality of most of the voice clips, and acknowledging that cutting up a bunch of lines and rearranging them into something new is always going to sound more awkward than something voiced to how it was written...honestly none of this sounds any good to me.

And man I am still so tired of VA wank. If you prefer a particular VA over another, fine, whatever, that's opinions. But people acting like Drummond had some irreplaceable, immaculate quality or RCS is incompetent and ruining Sonic is so obnoxious.

Look, as much as I understand why people might prefer one voice over another, I'm rather annoyed by how there still seem to be these petty VA wars over a topic that is ultimately pretty insignificant. If you think Ryan Drummond is the absolute perfect voice for Sonic, good for you. If you don't and prefer another VA, that's also good for you. But can we like...get over this constant bashing of VA's we don't like? I mean...its not really accomplishing anything. Its so meaningless. 

I thought we left this shit back in 2005.

As for the video itself, yea its awkward and pretty poorly implemented considering the sound quality fluctuates and doesn't even match up with cinematic audio itself. If you're trying to convince me that Drummon is better, you're doing a pretty poor job at it.

Are we seriously gonna get mad over voice acting again?

It's harmless and for fun. Regardless of their opinions, there's no one here that is trying to force you to like these actors more than the newest ones, bashing current actors, saying that bad decisions were made by hiring them, claiming that Sonic as a whole or the franchise on the whole is suffering because of them, claiming that the characters have been ruined because of them, claiming that they in and of themselves do a shit job, challenging and looking for opposing opinions to lay them to waste nor is anyone stating that they even care about said opinions. Take solace and rest easy because that wasn't the point of this thread. Unless posting and agreeing with an opinion purely on a popular and established sentiment of a VA dynamic in and of itself is a problem here, there's pretty much no reason for these comments. Hence the "Calm your tits."

Like the video all you want. I think many of us here simply think it's sounds bad and seems obsessive, regardless of voice preference. One guy spent all that time sourcing and chopping up old voice clips  to end up with YouTube Poop, except it's supposed to be taken seriously. And it's still obsessing over the original VA change from a decade ago. You can prefer whichever voices you like, nobody's going to begrudge you for that. But they'll look at this video and think "These kinda videos make me cringe so hard.I thought we left this shit back in 2005."

Hence the "Calm your tits."

I love the opportunity to caress a sensitive bosom, but nobody's breasts are acting out right now.

• Thumbs Up 2

This s""" got old years ago.

Look, obviously people have their opinions about who their favourite Sonic is but to those who continuously complain about it and shove their opinion down peoples throats just move on for goodness sake! If you don't like the current VA then tough, your favourite isn't there any more. RCS is my favourite and I know full well he won't be Sonic forever but I don't care tbh. When he's eventually replaced I'll welcome the new VA. If I don't like his voice will I complain? No. If the voice is horrible I will but if I simply don't like it then no. Personally, I've never had a huge problem with any of Sonic's VA's so far.

My point is this is such a minor thing to get upset over. It's so minor that people shouldn't be getting upset over it at all and the fact that people are getting so upset over it is ridiculous.

I think there's basically nothing to gain from wanting Ryan to come back; actor loyalty can be pretty obnoxious at times. It's a valid point for a lot of people to just get really tired of this discussion, so if you want to make this topic then you're going to have to accept that consequence

• Thumbs Up 1

It's harmless and for fun. Regardless of their opinions, there's no one here that is trying to force you to like these actors more than the newest ones, bashing current actors, saying that bad decisions were made by hiring them, claiming that Sonic as a whole or the franchise on the whole is suffering because of them, claiming that the characters have been ruined because of them, claiming that they in and of themselves do a shit job, challenging and looking for opposing opinions to lay them to waste nor is anyone stating that they even care about said opinions. Take solace and rest easy because that wasn't the point of this thread. Unless posting and agreeing with an opinion purely on a popular and established sentiment of a VA dynamic in and of itself is a problem here, there's pretty much no reason for these comments. Hence the "Calm your tits."

Like it was said, you're fine for posting the video just some people here don't really care and just think the video itself is poor quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have I travelled back in time to the year 2005?

Honestly? I think RCS, Cindy and many others have done a great job as the current Sonic cast! They make the characters sound much more natural and make the 4Kids cast look like amateurs with their superior voice acting skills. If only the dialogue was better...