Awoo.

Sonic 4 episode 2 is now playable again for IOS 8.3 users!

Zlynx

After the whole crashing incident with IOS 8 for this game, Apple came with an update (IOS 8.3) which helped stop some app crashes. 

• Please note that you can only play it if you already purchased it on the app store, so download it in your purchases section.
  • When playing, do not skip any cutscenes as many of which cause crashing and such.
  • Might not work for some devices such as Iphone 6
  • I'll update you people more as I progress through the game!

post-7452-0-29558600-1429151419_thumb.pn

• Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Autosaver

• Kuzu

• Sami

• Zlynx

I like the game for a portable sonic game. Surprisingly, I even liked sonic boom. I wonder if I have a bad taste for games? 

I, too, have bad taste. If it makes you feel better, Zlynx, I enjoyed Sonic 2006, warts and all. The story is a mess, though.

I also enjoyed both episodes of Sonic 4.

I enjoyed the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World.

I remember even liking Shadow the Hedgehog,

If that's not bad taste, then I don't know what is.

I like the game for a portable sonic game. Surprisingly, I even liked sonic boom. I wonder if I have a bad taste for games? 

I don't think crashing and not working on certain devices means its fixed, more like some fluke update got it partially working again.

• Thumbs Up 2

That only took like...half a year I think? And it's not even fully functional. Thanks for being ever so competent, Sega.

That only took like...half a year I think? And it's not even fully functional. Thanks for being ever so competent, Sega.

Over a year, actually.

SEGA didn't do anything. The game stopped being compatible when a certain version of iOS came out. It was likely just a very tiny thing that could have been patched in no time at all (a very similar thing just happened with S2 on Android), but SEGA didn't bother doing anything and eventually had the game unlisted. iOS 8.3 comes along and restores functionality, but not completely.

S4E2 was such a sales flop that SEGA couldn't even be bothered to patch it. Just for the record, the Lite version never stopped working correctly.

lol at the fact that even though it's updated for the recent iOS it still has issues like crashing. Sega just doesn't give a shit. XD

lol at the fact that even though it's updated for the recent iOS it still has issues like crashing. Sega just doesn't give a shit. XD

Gabz...

Over a year, actually.

SEGA didn't do anything. The game stopped being compatible when a certain version of iOS came out. It was likely just a very tiny thing that could have been patched in no time at all (a very similar thing just happened with S2 on Android), but SEGA didn't bother doing anything and eventually had the game unlisted. iOS 8.3 comes along and restores functionality, but not completely.

S4E2 was such a sales flop that SEGA couldn't even be bothered to patch it. Just for the record, the Lite version never stopped working correctly.

I don't think crashing and not working on certain devices means its fixed, more like some fluke update got it partially working again.

SEGA haven't updated the game. :P

Gabz...

SEGA haven't updated the game. :P

Oh right, I mostly glanced through those comments. XP So it's only partially working because the new iOS update managed to bring it back? God even Sonic 4 Episode 1 got better treatment than this!

No surprises though since it did sell better than the sequel.

Why in the Jesus Christ wearing sunglasses and riding a motorcycle through bloody fucking hell did it take them this long? I bought this like a year and a half ago and only now I can play it, as long as I don't skip any cutscenes. This is a fucking deplorable thing of SEGA to do, and what's worse is that it is hardly the first time they have done this.

Edit: So they didn't update the game, it's just the latest version of iOS? My point still stands though, they should have patched it as soon as iOS 7 was released and the issues began.

Yeah, Apple changed some of their libraries or something which caused a bunch of games to stop working on later iOS version. SEGA didn't bother updating the game which caused the game to stop working for a majority of people and eventually got delisted from the app store.

Ken said the launch sales of Episode 2 were really good and there's evidence it was in the Top 10 when it launched. However, he also said if sales continued to be good that we'd get another title. The third episode ended up getting cancelled. I'm not sure if it's reception issue, management issue, or sales issue but we didn't get Episode 3. It's funny too because the game ended up getting ported to almost every platform out there.

The game is still undeniably bad. I feel like Episode II could've been a solid game if the Tails gimmick was ditched in favor of traditional platforming. The 69 mechanic is just downright bad. From removing all challenge and turning into "69 to win" to it being a really bad version of the drill wisp, I'm not sure what they were thinking. The fly mechanic was decent but that should've been the only mechanic.

It's about god damn time, SEGA. I had a iPod Touch 4th gen years back and bought some of the game from iTunes which included Sonic 4: Episode 2. After hearing about the bug that force quitted the game on iOS 8 and awaiting years and years for SEGA to patch it, the only similarity I could play was on the PC version. But god damn this is fantastic news for iOS users who has the current phone update.

I see nothing at the time on the App Store, but I do hope it'll show up eventually.

It's about god damn time, SEGA. I had a iPod Touch 4th gen years back and bought some of the game from iTunes which included Sonic 4: Episode 2. After hearing about the bug that force quitted the game on iOS 8 and awaiting years and years for SEGA to patch it, the only similarity I could play was on the PC version. But god damn this is fantastic news for iOS users who has the current phone update.

I see nothing at the time on the App Store, but I do hope it'll show up eventually.

Can the OP please edit his post to say Sega didn't patch this.

Something tells me lots of people are going to think this was Sega's decision/move when it seems it wasn't.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's so nice SEGA care enough about their beloved Sonic 1&2 that they're happy to ensure those games are patched as quickly as possible if a problem arises, and yet don't give a shit about Sonic 4.

Yeah yeah Sonic 4 wasn't great but for fuck sake SEGA you should take pride in your games, especially as you are focusing on the mobile market! 

I'm lucky enough in that S4 Ep2 plays perfectly fine on my Galaxy S4. Never had a problem with it (although it had a lot of issues on my Galaxy S2).

So the game never got patched at all and it's just the current version of iOS causing this? lmao that's ridiculous, I swear this whole thing about the game crashing at startup has been going on for nearly two years now...

Didn't S4E2 finally get pulled down from the app store a while back anyway? So this only really matters to anyone who bought and still has it taking up space after all that time?

So the game never got patched at all and it's just the current version of iOS causing this? lmao that's ridiculous, I swear this whole thing about the game crashing at startup has been going on for nearly two years now...

...yup

they even claimed they were working on a fix, 2 years ago.