Awoo.

Music Plant level Showcase

Maddnsk

That's... that's awesome!

Is there any way you could show us video footage? I like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's... that's awesome!

Is there any way you could show us video footage? I like this.

Sadly, the only thing that left in generations itself is a HUB. GIA render takes to much time and effort, that i dont want to get back to generatiions modding.

here's hub screens if anybody interesting:

sonicgenerations_2015_04_19_00_03_22_69_
sonicgenerations_2015_04_19_00_03_30_98_
sonicgenerations_2015_04_19_00_03_38_15_
sonicgenerations_2015_04_19_00_03_32_67_
sonicgenerations_2015_04_19_00_03_45_91_

• Thumbs Up 1

Utterly phenomenal work.  I will say that it doesn't jump out at me as being a faithful recreation but rather feels like a new take on an old favourite (like Ice Cap was in Sonic Adventure for example).  But these screens are breathtaking, I wanna dive right in and explore, it has that perfect blend of both surreal and "feeling like a real place I could explore" that Unleashed/Colours/Generations' environments are so beloved for.

It's a real shame that it's not playable, but still amazing to look at regardless.

• Thumbs Up 1

Utterly phenomenal work.  I will say that it doesn't jump out at me as being a faithful recreation but rather feels like a new take on an old favourite (like Ice Cap was in Sonic Adventure for example).  But these screens are breathtaking, I wanna dive right in and explore, it has that perfect blend of both surreal and "feeling like a real place I could explore" that Unleashed/Colours/Generations' environments are so beloved for.

It's a real shame that it's not playable, but still amazing to look at regardless.

Thanks. I really happy to hear that. Level is still in 3ds max on my pc, with collision and, i believe, old GIA and splines. While its not perfect structure wise (it the first level i ever made lel). it's still beatable (even without any standard objects like springs, speedbooster etc.). If somebody find my work worthy to put in gens by themselves, i wouldn't mind provide them my source files.

• Thumbs Up 1

As someone who is typically very sceptical of fan-made 3D levels, I must say I'm very much impressed with the amount of effort put into this. Honestly, if it were put in Generations properly, it wouldn't look out of place. Can't comment on the level design, cause I haven't played it, but it looks really solid.

If I knew the first thing about programming/coding to get this into Gens PC, I would ask for the source files. But alas, I am clueless.

I hope someone else who knows what they're doing does get it up and running.

You don't give yourself enough credit. Hats off to you for this, would definitely play it if finished and made public.

• 3 months later...

Wow, this is a great work. I am modeller and work with levels and I can say you have a very good composition on this level. I always wanted to find more people who are capable of making levels of this quality. So your work one of a very rare talent inside the sonic communities and I think you didn't got the attention you deserved.

Can I ask right away and directly, would you be interested in working with me? I participate in 2 groups I created, one is an UE4 engine called HDK, that is open source to everybody use, and another is a next gen fan game.

I have a topic of my works here:my works on SSMB , HDK post here

And also some of my other works are on the links on the signature, in case you want to check it out my site and youtube.

Edited by Ricardo Raionhardt

Thanks. I really happy to hear that. Level is still in 3ds max on my pc, with collision and, i believe, old GIA and splines. While its not perfect structure wise (it the first level i ever made lel). it's still beatable (even without any standard objects like springs, speedbooster etc.). If somebody find my work worthy to put in gens by themselves, i wouldn't mind provide them my source files.

I believe I could get your music plant stage to work in generations if you don't mind giving me the source files.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05.01.2016 at 11:45 PM, Sonikko said:

Any news about this?

Im worked with TwilightZoney on Green Forest level and it's done. Zoney will try to put it in the Gens sometime in the future. Regardless of this stage its never going to be put in Gens since it has a lot of unfixable errors, I'm gonna rebuild it from scratch in free time. Idk when its gonna be done, since i'm going to start working on the next level soon (i need to draw concept art for it first). Not gonna reveal anything regardless my work cause im very im busy. My friend Zoney will show our stuff when he feels it worth to be shown. Sorry for late response.
i found this on my Hdd a while ago, sadly this is only thing left.
http://i.imgsafe.org/57868cb.jpg

1 hour ago, Maddnsk said:

Im worked with TwilightZoney on Green Forest level and it's done. Zoney will try to put it in the Gens sometime in the future. Regardless of this stage its never going to be put in Gens since it has a lot of unfixable errors, I'm gonna rebuild it from scratch in free time. Idk when its gonna be done, since i'm going to start working on the next level soon (i need to draw concept art for it first). Not gonna reveal anything regardless my work cause im very im busy. My friend Zoney will show our stuff when he feels it worth to be shown. Sorry for late response.
i found this on my Hdd a while ago, sadly this is only thing left.
http://i.imgsafe.org/57868cb.jpg

Well, It's a shame, that screen looks awesome. I have seen a couple of the Green Forest screens from the fake leak on 4chan, It looks very good too, wish we were able to play that Music Plant level. Could you be more specific about the unfixable issues? Is it about level design or materials, something like that?

13 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Well, It's a shame, that screen looks awesome. I have seen a couple of the Green Forest screens from the fake leak on 4chan, It looks very good too, wish we were able to play that Music Plant level. Could you be more specific about the unfixable issues? Is it about level design or materials, something like that?

its about materials and meshes. Level design is ok, Its better to rebuild it. Gonna take a while. Green Forest took me 5-6 month to develop. this one took me 2 years, cause it was my first effort.

I see, I imagine it would be faster to redo it from scratch than fixing every material. Keep us updated on your efforts, and thank you for answering!

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2015 at 0:50 PM, Maddnsk said:

DUDE, U made my Gens dream come true with this! Its really sad that it was never ported to Gens. Like this my friend is AMAZING. So I talked to a few buddies I work with and we agreed on trying to put it in Gens. So if you don't mind can we have the source files?? We'll credit you and thanks in advance! 

8 hours ago, Jalex777 said:

DUDE, U made my Gens dream come true with this! Its really sad that it was never ported to Gens. Like this my friend is AMAZING. So I talked to a few buddies I work with and we agreed on trying to put it in Gens. So if you don't mind can we have the source files?? We'll credit you and thanks in advance! 

I think you should ask TwilightZoney on retro (or twitter) about it (i personnaly dont mind), since i basicly gifted it to him, so its kinda his property now lol. Atm i finished other level remake (it was in development since mid august till mid january) - Green Forest. And Zoney trying to put it ingame as best as he can, it has many issues that we yet have to fix. While he doing this i almost done with Rooftop Run wii remake, that we also gonna put in game in the future. And as for Music Plant, im doing a remake of it from scratch with higher amount of details and overall better modelling. Hopefully will finish it some time in the future.

Spoiler

a1d9ab9ba7e60a0b0cea8cfa8864b459.png
681d03bace3b580d331fc40c65bdd43d.png
c69507cca712a6ae6f1dcf38ba1bd623.png

• Thumbs Up 3