Awoo.

The Sonic Stadium loads up mobile Wordpress layout on desktop...

JonoD

I imagine this will be a fairly tricky thing to troubleshoot, but in the past couple of days, me and a couple of other members have been having issues when navigating to The Sonic Stadium's main website.

Occasionally, TSS will load up in our desktop browser in what appears to be a mobile theme. Extremely simplified with minimal graphics, and the only content available are the most recent news posts. There are no links to the forum or anything. There is a link at the bottom of the page that's supposed to take you to the 'Desktop Site', but the link appears to be inactive, as clicking it does nothing.

As mentioned though, this bug seems to be sporadic. There will be times when only the mobile site will load, then it will be fine again maybe 10 minutes later. I haven't had the problem since yesterday, but found it interesting when I heard other members making the same observations.

I thought I replied to this already.

Yeah, the same bug is happening for me too. From both my PC and iPhone I'm randomly being put on the mobile site sometimes (the mobile has never loaded on my phone before), and the link to switch to the desktop site will simply reload the page. 

Just got it again. This is what I'm (and most others I'd guess) are getting:

eTvzHdm.png

• Thumbs Up 1

And now I've checked, it's not going into full version anymore for me either. I have no idea why it worked earlier.

Go to the very bottom of the site and you'll see something that says "Visit Full Site". Click that and it should bring you back to the normal site.

Go to the very bottom of the site and you'll see something that says "Visit Full Site". Click that and it should bring you back to the normal site.

You didn't even try to read anything except the title.

There is a link at the bottom of the page that's supposed to take you to the 'Desktop Site', but the link appears to be inactive, as clicking it does nothing.

... and the link to switch to the desktop site will simply reload the page.

And now I've checked, it's not going into full version anymore for me either. I have no idea why it worked earlier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well considering I use it every time my phone goes to the crappy mobile site and it works fine, I don't know why the link isn't working

Well I read it and missed the mentions to it not working. It's probably just a matter of the links needed to be fixed or something. Strangely enough though, if I visit the main Sonic Stadium site on my phone, it always loads the full version for me.

This just happened to me today, too.  The link to the desktop version doesn't work, either.  My computer does occasionally randomly assign me to mobile sites for no apparent reason, though, but that doesn't seem to excuse the desktop link not functioning.

Edit: Individual articles use the desktop theme; it's just the homepage that has the problem.

Edit Again: Amusingly, the issue is now reversed.

Edit Once More: Fixed at present.

Final Edit: It's been flip-flopping all over the place the last couple of days, so maybe it's just random...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For some reason, this problem has started making itself apparent again, locking me into the mobile site with no way to change it to the full site (and then loading the full site whenever it feels like it).

Yup, it's happening to me to. For some reason, when I click an article, it goes back to normal, though...

It's happening to me now as well on Chrome and on IE. I think we need to disable the mobile theme in the main page until it is nailed down.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

This just recently started happening to me.  I've tried it on Chrome, FireFox, and Internet Explore.  Same results each time.

This is constantly happening to me whenever I click on articles on the main site.