Awoo.

Sonic 10th Anniversary Crystal Cube Value

p_nut_uk

Hi everyone, I have a 10th Anniversary Crystal Cube and was wondering if anyone knew how much they're worth as I'm thinking it's about time I parted with it, I do treasure it but It's in storage all the time and someone else may be able to enjoy it more.
Thanks

This would've been better in the market place.

And I'm pretty sure the worth would be pretty damn high :P

Ok here's the thing.

Have these things sold for £200-£400 in the past? Yes.

Could you sell yours for that much? MMmmmmm maybe? 

Are they worth that much? Probably not.

The thing with high end Sonic merch is that it's very hard to put a price on them, the reason being is that people go "Oh that auction sold for X number, therefore it's worth this much!" Well... no it's not.

See the issue is, when it comes to putting a price on the high end stuff is that quite often prices get artificially inflated by ebay resellers, who if then win find themselves in a problem since a lot of resellers have had the same stock listed for years, most collectors now don't bother buying from them since we've finally realised that it's a rip off. So I wouldn't go by any price online that you see with a buy it now which has been up there for months if not years.

Also with this item, whilst it's hard to find, it's by no means a very rare item, there are definitely rarer 10th anniversary items out there, such as the ring and the grail. You'll definitely find a number of the cubes listed somewhere online each year.

You also have to factor in, how many collectors already own this, and I think a lot of collectors do have one, heck I'd probably joke I'm probably one of the few people out there who doesn't own this, but would I pay over £150 for it? Absolutely not. Would other people, quite possibly.

So price? If it's boxed, all the stuff is with it, everything is in a good condition, and a number of collectors who have money wanted it (keep in mind a lot of collectors already have this), and some re-sellers are also prowling, maybe you could get £300+ for it, just due to the fact you'd be like dangling feed over a shark tank and people would be scrambling for it, that is if there are a number of collectors after it and I think a lot of the ones out there with money already own this. 

Also then you have to factor in, fake bidders, a lot of high end Sonic stuff ends up being the target of fake bidders, I have my own theories as to why this is the case, but it means when you see a completed listing with X amount on it, there's no way to know if it actually went to that amount, or if a 2nd chance offer was made to the next highest bidder and so on.

Private sale, so cutting out the resellers, you'd probably have to go for somewhere around £150-£300, sorry that's such wide a range, but realistically, that's probably what you'd have to deal with, privately will depend on how desperate a collector is/the money they have and how much you want to let it go for/need the money.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.  You're probably right, anyone that wants one probably has one.

anyone that wants one probably has one.

Well hang on I didn't say that. I said the majority of people who are big collectors probably have one. 

I myself do not have one and would like one, so we are out there.