Awoo.

Fan Game: Mobius Grid. A 3D Online World to meet fellow Sonic fans

Royale

Greetings, I am Royale lead developer of a online world known as Mobius Grid. A 3D environment where you can explore regions modeled after areas from various sonic games & even other games, but mostly sonic. you can even build your own custom area with in world tools. explore as an offical character or even your OC. with free image sound animation & mesh uploads the possibilities are endless. you can even sell your own creations to other users which has a total of 247 users sense we opened beta last month. we have a total of  30 regions & with are warp ring transport system travel is a breeze. although we are still beta feel free to check our work out & IM me on grid by searching the name "serra royale" all lower case.

http://www.mobiusgrid.us

http://www.facebook.com/mobiusgrid

This is amazing! :D I've been waiting for a game like this! Keep up the good work! ;)

Yes, this is what was missing from the Sonic franchise. An online multiplayer world!

Interesting concept!

I'd really like for this to take off. Maybe it would convince SEGA to invest in a similar Sonic project (if not outright sponsor this).

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmmmm, I'll look a bit more into the game. Is there any videos you can show us of the game in action?

• Thumbs Up 1

i have a video of an early beta on our facebook & here our lastest update video on youtube 

we plan on uploading more videos soon

your also able to make your own items inworld & can even script them using the coding languages LSL & OSSL. your even able to upload things for free & able to sell your home made items in your own shop for the in world currency "Rings" which is handled by a company called podex. they will even buy your rings off you for real world cash. heres there site  http://www.podex.info/ 

Sooooooo... basically Second Life, then?

Basically, a Second Life with the ability to have your Sonic OCs in.

Basically, a Second Life with the ability to have your Sonic OCs in.

I think it uses the same engine. 

Note that the character models look like something from Second Life in general.

opensim. a open source metaverse platform where you can make either MMO's or another second life. Mobius Grid has features of both MMOs & SL

it is not connected to second life servers at all. we have our own servers & we want to give the sonic community something the community can make grow together. now on mobius anyone can connect there own region from home for zero cost. Second Life requires you to rent a region from them for $300 a month. they Mobius Grid has 30 regions at this time & the total bill me & my team pay is $55 to keep running

this online world already already has 263 users signed up & using the world

• 2 weeks later...

we at Mobius Team are now having avatar modding classes on the first & third saturdays of the month at 5:30pm US pacific time. classes are open to all user newbies & veterans who may want to learn avatar modding just go to our region NetSlum. lessons are lead by our user Wish Dreamscape & assisted by the user Krysta Fox. first class is May 16th 2015. to come to the Mobius Grid then just sign up for an account here & how to connect here

I'm a Secondlifer, but I always felt if there was an alternative to Secondlife, I would take it. But everything else along the lines, frankly, including this, looks very rudimentary in terms of avatars, landscapes etc.

I guess it's kind of a cycle and the more people there are the better it will be, and that there are benefits to getting in early such as being able to watch the community develop. I'm considering it for sure.

• 6 months later...

Guys, you really should come and try this out if you are a huge sonic fan since I found this, its an awesome open world for people to come together and chat and you can even make your own character, it's similar to second life but they have their own BurningBlaze Viewer to make it easier, I think its pretty cool since we don't really have anything like it. :)

People there seem super friendly anyways, if theres any problems against this to the forums, then take the thread down, I just thought it seemed a good idea to mention. :3

Come join us. ^^

http://mobiusgrid.us/

Edited by Frosty The Fox

I think it's one of those Second Life furry communities

That's exactly what this looks like. The fact that there's a paid aspect to it as well raises a few flags as well. I'm almost certain that this could be construed as advertising, and advertising for something that's legally dubious at that.

Edited by shdowhunt60

• 1 month later...

We at Mobius Grid are completely run out of our own pocket and are a Non-Profit group. Mobius Team hosts it own land and the only costs that any general user would encounter are costs to host their own region out of their own pocket through our service provider, Zetamex Network. We allow users to donate if they wish, but it is not at all required for them to do so. It is a fully customized from scratch area and Land is also not required for you to have and is entirely optional.

Everything that users can do is completely free of charge. There is no subscription fee's tied to anything.

The Mobius Grid's first and foremost goal is to give Sonic fans a safe and positive place to interact with one another in a 3D environment, and provide them with what they want to see. If you are at all curious, just check it out and see for yourself.

On 4/28/2015 at 6:53 PM, LovieHats said:

I think it uses the same engine. 

Note that the character models look like something from Second Life in general.

To note, our avatars are made an imported by the original creator on secondlife.

Original packs were also made by SpiritoftheBlue, but now are obsolete.

46 minutes ago, Royale said:

We at Mobius Grid are completely run out of our own pocket and are a Non-Profit group. Mobius Team hosts it own land and the only costs that any general user would encounter are costs to host their own region out of their own pocket through our service provider, Zetamex Network. We allow users to donate if they wish, but it is not at all required for them to do so. It is a fully customized from scratch area and Land is also not required for you to have and is entirely optional.

Everything that users can do is completely free of charge. There is no subscription fee's tied to anything.

The Mobius Grid's first and foremost goal is to give Sonic fans a safe and positive place to interact with one another in a 3D environment, and provide them with what they want to see. If you are at all curious, just check it out and see for yourself.

To add to this, I will give an example on how things work.
Our uploads are completely free no matter what you are uploading, be it a texture, mesh model (rigged or static), sound, animation, bluk and linkset.
A good example. I asked one of the well known mobian avatar maker on Second Life, how much it would cost to have her make my character. She quoted 480$L baseline, and this was just for the basic avatar without any clothing or additional item, just the head and body skin.

An image of my avatar on Mobius Grid currently, taking two of the base packs as well as making some of the mesh myself.
https://gyazo.com/5aeb49dbc37fa28988611acccc433414

Mobian base pack costs 300L$ a piece (600L$ since I used two given my mobian doesn't have the visor eye).
Textures alone would have cost me around 60-80L$ for the body and head.
Clothing, including breast appliers and mesh boot texture, would have cost me 50L$.
Mesh boots would cost (depending on land impact), around 12-40L$.
A breast attachment, going by the most popular brands (Psicorp/LolaTangos) would cost between 500-1800L$.

With that, you are looking at nearly 2,270L$ out of pocket to make a basic mobian avatar on Second Life.
On Mobius Grid, you are able to do all of this at no cost as we do not plan on charging our users for uploading, and we already provide all of the basic essentials, uploaded by staff, for FREE USE by our users.

• 3 months later...