Awoo.

Kunoi demo release, featuring Sonic as a hidden character!

Jay Karbomb

Hey everybody!

I'm very excited to say that I have uploaded the demo of Kunoi! This will give you a chance to give me some feedback! I've been prepping for this day for awhile now! Head over to the download section to download the zip file! It will include the game, and a quick start up guide. For fans of Bit Trip Runner, Sonic Runners, and Kid Tripp.

Sonic is featured in the free demo, by pressing "1" in the game play. Unfortunately he won;t be in the final game :( 

I figured this could go in the fan game area :) 

http://www.indiedb.c...oads/kunoi-demo

574e34ec349e19a0ebbca04e7d44beed_origina

Also now that the demo has been released, we have a Kickstarter!
Once you play the demo, and love it ( hopefully,) head over to the Kunoi Kickstarter page and check out the pledges for some awesome gifts!

Every pledge is reasonably priced so everyone has a chance to experience Kunoi. With that being said, I need help spreading the word! Low pledge sets mean more pledges must be made! So if you like what you see, help me spread the word!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaywerner/kunoi-pc-runner

Here's a picture of our blue buddy in action. Custom sprites.

SONIC_KUNOI.jpg

Here are some of the tunes!

https://soundcloud.com/jaykellom/bamboo-ruins

https://soundcloud.com/jaykellom/sky-village

Please tell me what ya think!

If all goes smooth, we are looking for an August release!

Remember to follow/ watch here and other sources for current updates!
As always stay in touch!
Facebook - Facebook.com
Twitter - Twitter.com

You seem relatively informed, so it really shouldn't come off as a surprise to you that using someone else's licensed property in a personal project (and especially one that you plan to charge hard cash for) is absolutely not a wise idea and can lead to a C&D. I understand that you have removed the character from play in the potential retail version, but you should definitely consider pulling Sonic altogether. If this were a free online game, no problem, but the difference here is money.

• Thumbs Up 1

The demo is free, so i thought that would be away around it. 

Even though it's free, you're promoting a full paid game.

We have a Kickstarter

No you don't... you had one but it failed to get funding?

Well damn, no sonic in the demo then. Thanx guys. Yeah the first one didn't make it, obviously. Thanks for all the replies! Guess I'll get rid of sonic in the demo. A damn shame. 

This seems cool, good luck with your Kickstarter! It's sad to see you have to remove Sonic, but you really should. I'll give the demo a shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

This seems cool, good luck with your Kickstarter! It's sad to see you have to remove Sonic, but you really should. I'll give the demo a shot.

Thanx man! Yeah, love the blue dude, and the sprites I did for him in this. ah well, maybe I'll post the sprites up for others to use in an actual fan game. 

You could perhaps cheat a little bit and make a parodic version of Sonic instead. Even work that is for profit is still allowed some leeway to be satirical.

• Thumbs Up 4