Awoo.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - The artistry formerly known as Victory

Junko

So, Assassin's Creed Victory has been officially teased.

"But Athena, how do you know the subtitle of the game already?"

Well, you have short memory, don't you SSMB user.

Remember back in December 2014? Assassin's Creed Victory actually got leaked. Big shocker for Ubisoft, right? We even got a few screenshots.

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

qsqkddfi5wnrx8isnqug.jpg

1015726147524388674.png

yy31jpc9to1mc6zb6jcq.jpgdfbqlgdjj7t3cz7x7noc.jpg

Thoughts? Hopes? Dreams that this won't be as big a debacle as Unity? The game is being developed by Ubisoft Québec, rather than Montreal, perhaps the game will fare better for it.

Lost interest since 3, and stopped caring all together after Unity, cool that they're using London, just too bad it had to be after all the dull and boring games that Ubisoft has crapped out yearly lately. AC is just so predictable in almost everything it does, even the setting wasn't that surprising for me.

• Thumbs Up 3

ot:Ubisoft of today suck. no need to know rocket science for this, i hated them for what they been doing on they original IPs way before AC stuff started.

Overall am not surprised for a other AC title, hopefully people wont buy it. i been doing this for 3years by now.

hopefully people wont buy it. i been doing this for 3years by now.

money-machine.gif

There's a reason there's a new game every year.

• Thumbs Up 2

If this came out before AC3 I would've been all over it, especially because I love the Victorian era and it's uncommon to see that era depicted in videogames. But of course I loathe Ubisoft with a passion right now and this looks like it's probably going to be as average as bloody Unity, so meh. I'm not excited.

Finally, a game set in the UK. Just what fans always wanted........apparently.

I'd rather spend £33 on an Arkham Knight Season Pass that waste money on yet another unpolished AC game with poor mechanics, boring gameplay and a lackluster story. Honestly, Ubisoft are just taking the piss now.

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYP-

Wait a second it's a Ubisoft Triple A game? whoops.

I'm sorry, but Ubisoft needs to cut it out with the open-world sandbox games with the cliche stories and overhyped marketing. I swear it's a boring open-world game with padded collectible crap all of the time

• Thumbs Up 1

At least we'll get another good book out of it? I do enjoy the books more than the games XD

The concept heavily interests the Assassin's Creed (1-4) fan in me bigtime, as unlike that French one it looks rather solid. Unfortunately after the charade that was AC Unity amongst a lot of Ubisoft's other bullshit endeavors and screw-ups (Tetris anyone?) I'm not exactly all THAT stoked as I could be. Nor am I certain I'll get this one.

Pretty ballsy of them to call it Assassins Screed VICTORY if this thing ends up flopping. Can't wait to see the puns by the public if it does.

On more serious note, will there be a sequel to NPC Kart?

1083.gif

.....Okay, seriously, anyone think they'll address the female controversy from Unity? Also any news on multiplayer?

But guys! Don't be so silly it's not like Ubisoft could be doing anything better right no-

BGE2-scr1.jpg

gaming-rayman-legends-screenshot-8.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

My initial reaction to this was 'meh'. It still is 'meh'. Unity was not only really buggy and unpolished but it felt boring too. Maybe this will fare better but I don't know, it's Ubisoft so cynicism is at the very least justified here.

AC3 and AC:U were the rushed titles. I believe a dev even talked about how AC3 and AC4 were developed at the same time.

I believe this is the AC2/4 of the series instead of 3 and U. It's kind of like how Call of Duty has different teams with one team putting out better games than the other. I don't like Ubisoft nor will I preorder their games but I can see why this title could be a hit not only with sales, but with critics.

AC3 and AC:U were the rushed titles. I believe a dev even talked about how AC3 and AC4 were developed at the same time.

I believe this is the AC2/4 of the series instead of 3 and U. It's kind of like how Call of Duty has different teams with one team putting out better games than the other. I don't like Ubisoft nor will I preorder their games but I can see why this title could be a hit not only with sales, but with critics.

It's impossible to make a huge game like AC in a year, so they've constantly got different teams working on different games. Unity was made by Montreal, and this is by Quebec. Next years instalment will be under development already too.

It's impossible to make a huge game like AC in a year, so they've constantly got different teams working on different games. Unity was made by Montreal, and this is by Quebec. Next years instalment will be under development already too.

Right, but my point is that one of these titles is always the "good" title while the other one seems rushed, buggy, or just incomplete. That's why I said it was unfair to compare AC3 and AC:U to it when you should be comparing AC2 and AC4 to it instead.

What about Rouge, which team was that made by?

Ignore that part, misread lol

Anyway, as for what you really said, we can't really be comparing it to any of the games yet given we haven't seen jack yet. I think it's fair to be cynical and assume negatively when Ubisoft really haven't given us reason as of late to think otherwise. The plots gone down the crapper, gameplay to me has lately been just more of the same since 3,(yes that includes 4 an Rouge, as I didn't find them all that compelling), and Ubisoft just doesn't seem to care about the complaints all that much, since they know they'll be making money.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

AC_Hands_Header_Portail_201530.jpg

Apparently the game has been rebranded Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. 

The US website's background pic confirms the Victorian setting with 'God Save the Queen' scratched into wood and a Dickens quote.

Oppression has to end.

Assassin's Creed World Premiere Live Stream

17.00 UK Time

I want this to be good, but come on, can't we get a reboot soon?

I just want the series to take a break. Even if it's just for one year. At least the game won't feel as absolutely repetitive due to yearly installments, and the extra time would help ensure it isn't a broken mess on release.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want the series to take a break. Even if it's just for one year. At least the game won't feel as absolutely repetitive due to yearly installments, and the extra time would help ensure it isn't a broken mess on release.

Unfortunately, that won't ever happen. The average consumer gamer usually yearns for a new Triple A game like Assassin's Creed yearly. They want to play the new Assassin's Creed game, they want to play the Call of Duty. The only way that will ever happen is if the overall culture of consumer demand in video games changes, in which people stop buying rushed unpolished products at launch and only get them when it's dirt cheap.

Like hell that's going to happen.

The ironic thing is a lot of those consumers end up complaining as well about how rushed and samey the games feel, but never suggest their favorite franchises should slow down.

Syndicate? Meh, I prefer Victory. =P

But yeah I really wish this franchise could be rebooted or something, especially when it concerns the modern day storyline. I mean, Ubisoft, are we just gonna ignore the fact that some crazy goddess is still out there ready to strike??