Awoo.

Summer's Almost Over for Phineas and Ferb

AdventChild

Before Gravity Falls, the Disney show that had viewers tuning in was Phineas and Ferb back in late 2000s and one of the good shows currently running. However, it is announced that the series is coming to a close on June 12 with the premiere of the season finale The Last Day of Summer.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-st-phineas-and-ferb-last-summer-20150507-story.html

Summer is coming to an end for the two smart, resourceful animated stepbrothers who are the leads for Disney XD's "Phineas and Ferb" as the show wraps up production after 126 episodes, five one-hour specials, three Emmy Awards (nine nominations) and a record-breaking Disney Channel original movie.

Animation producers Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh are moving on from the tales of Phineas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher, two kids constantly trying to conquer boredom during their summer vacation with adventures and inventions. The duo are often outrunning their  tattletale big sister Candace and thwarting the plans of the nefarious Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Their "Last Day of Summer," the title of the season finale, premieres  June 12 on Disney XD, simulcast on the Disney Channel. The series will continue to run daily on Disney XD, and a stand-alone hour-long special -- "The O.W.C.A. Files," which focuses on the organization's best secret agent, Agent P (also known as Perry the Platypus) -- will premiere this fall on DisneyXD

Povenmire and Marsh aren't leaving Disney, though; they're prepping a new show called "Mikey Murphy's Law," which will introduce the fictional great-great-great-great grandson of the Murphy's Law namesake. The show is scheduled for a 2017 premiere.

Before then, every "Phineas and Ferb" episode will be presented in a 73-hour marathon beginning June 9, leading to the finale, including specials highlighting crossovers with Marvel superheroes, a "Lost"-inspired episode and a very detailed "Star Wars" offshoot.

The "Phineas and Ferb" voice cast includes Vincent Martella as Phineas Flynn, Thomas Sangster as Ferb Fletcher, Ashley Tisdale as Candace Flynn, Mitchel Musso as Jeremy, Caroline Rhea as Mom Linda Flynn-Fletcher, Richard O'Brien as Dad Lawrence Fletcher, Dee Bradley Baker as Perry the Platypus, Alyson Stoner as Isabella, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram and Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Among its more than 150 guest stars have been  Michael Douglas, Michael J. Fox, Jon Stewart, Patrick Dempsey, Ben Stiller, Tina Fey, JK Simmons, Seth MacFarlane, Jay Leno, Kelly Clarkson, George Takei, Simon Pegg, Anna Paquin, Josh Gad and Stan Lee.

Kinda skeptical about their next project Mikey Murphy's Law, but gonna wait and see.

I was really into this show about...freshman year? I used to go over to my friend's house and we'd all just sit around and watch the Disney channel with his little brother, and I actually grew to like it. We'd bust out sleeping bags and shit and all just camp out on the floor and watch it together.

Kind of sad to see that it's ending, but it had a good run - it was a very formulaic show and really wasn't anything special, let alone as good as it's made out to be, but it's enjoyable nonetheless and I'm glad to see it go when the time is coming for it instead of forcing it to suffer by dragging it out past its expiration date.

The show had some really good moments, and I really liked Perry the Platypus.  Really, the show would have been improved tenfold if it were just about him.  Kind of sad to see it go. :c

Aww. It's gonna end! :(

This show got onto me and I really liked the running gag moments such as this:

Dr.D: A Platypus?

(Perry reveals himself)

*gasp* PERRY THE PLATYPUS!!!

Random person: Aren't you a little young to do *insert what p and f are doing*

Phineas: Yes. Yes I am.

And then there were the songs. Some were groovy. I don't know which is good.

Anyway, gonna miss this!

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually found out about this show via the Star Wars special. I'd heard of it before, and even recognised the characters, but I'd never watched an episode of it. About a year back I watched a few episodes, and loved the quirky nature of them. The series coming to an end will mean a great modern [sort of] classic coming to an end.

It's ending soon? Awwwww

I used to remember really liking this show. They're probably going to put Season 4 on Netflix sometime soon, I need to catch up on it.

Damn, this shows just ending now? I thought it ended years ago. It will be cool to see the marathon though. 

When my brother heard the news he said "Wait that means no Phineas and Ferb Star Wars sequel. Ah man I was looking forward to a "I'm your Father" joke. Guess my brother will have to settle for fanfiction.

Wasn't there meant to be another Phineas and Ferb movie?

Regardless, it's sad to see this show go. It lasted 7 years, and Across the Second Dimension is one of my favourite TV Movies.

Oh man I love the show I can't believe it's ending so soon. I got used to the specials every summer, they were so awesome...Oh well I guess everything good must end someday.

Wasn't there meant to be another Phineas and Ferb movie?

Regardless, it's sad to see this show go. It lasted 7 years, and Across the Second Dimension is one of my favourite TV Movies.

....um i'm confused, Didn't they already show the last episode on Disney channel when they all were grown up and went to college?

That's probably the last in chronological order, but probably not in the order the episodes are aired. Or made.

I used to like this show in middle school but honestly after ten or so episodes I got really bored of it. Shit was more formulaic than Pokemon lol, every episode was exactly the same. 

Surprised it lasted so long tbh. It's no Gravity Falls.

Across the Second Dimension is still awesome though. Still have these songs stuck in my head:

You know, I was actually wondering when Disney was gonna end this. It's not a bad show, but after a while there's only so much you can do with the formula. I stopped watching at around the time season 3 started airing I believe... Well, around the time when that Indiana Jones parody episode came out. I managed to watch a few of the recent episodes and it's still enjoyable. I guess I just got tired of the formula back then. 

Anyway, it's really surprising how this show only lasted 4 seasons. Because 4 seasons isn't that long. More than the average 2 seasons Disney would give most of their animated shows but still. The only reason it's surprising is because this show came out in 2007. Like, wow. 8 years and only 4 seasons... Yeahh. It feels so weird knowing I was in elementary school when it first aired. Jeez. 

Still, it had a nice run. I hope Disney can find a new animated series that can be as successful as Phineas and Ferb. Back when it first aired, I remember everyone would watch it and it brought back a bit of fame Disney Channel had lost in that age where all they'd air was live action. I guess you could say Gravity Falls is doing that, but Disney doesn't seem to care about it as much, sadly.

Just when my sister re-discovered the series, we get hit with this news. Perfect timing.

I'm gonna miss this show, it's running gags, it's samey yet different formula, the humor, it all was a blast! All good shows must come to an end however, and it's Phineas and Ferb's time to go.

The O.W.C.A files would work well as a spin-off show instead of a special, all about Agent P fighting other villains across the globe (Because we just can't have Perry fight Doof for an entire episode, it would get too stale.) but I understand the fact that it is only an hour- long special. Dan and Swampy just wanna move on and I respect that.

Hopefully Mikey Murphy's Law can be a good replacement when it rolls around in 2017.

I haven't even noticed that Phineas & Pherb had started that many years ago. I liked it. In my mind it always was a Perry the Platypus show, the titular brothers never had interested to me much.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's going to be a shame to see this show end since it's one of Disney's better series. Perry the Platypus was one of my favorites and I'm surprised there's never been a spin off series starring him. While the plot had a same-y feel to it, it did have it's great moments.