Awoo.

if Sonic and friends were real...

Drawloverlala

well.. i was thinking .. if the upcoming Sonic Movie.. its about Sonic and his friends visiting the earth.. (according to rumors? ) well.. the question is...

if Sonic and his friends were real.. How do you think the actual society would react?

and. i don't mean we meet this :lol:

xUr9b.jpg

hheheh though this its cuter than this other one

real_sonic_hd_by_tgxkroniik-d51by9u.jpg

so ...creepy...  onionhead_diva_by_pineapple_soup-d8rywz0 waahh!

maybe something like this...

the_real_sonic_by_v_trayal.jpg

i think this one would be more nicer to see  :D haha but seriously..

maybe movies like transformers, or avengers whatever which involve Aliens or not traditional animals can be an example of how the actual humanity would react..

and well...its a kinda fetched question for a Topic, i know... :lol: but.. maybe it will give us an idea in our imagination of how it would be this so awaited film..

meow.gif that's all...

No doubt we'd see speciesism against them if they existed in the real world considering that so many are prejudiced against people with arbitrary differences.

• Thumbs Up 8

All I'm gonna say is I really hope that's not what the movie is about. I HATE plots that are like that, where some cartoon characters is in the real world.

• Thumbs Up 1

No doubt we'd see speciesism against them if they existed in the real world considering that so many are prejudiced against people with arbitrary differences.

• Thumbs Up 1

Both of the images of what he would supposedly look like are actually more uncanny than if we saw him in his less textured form in real life.  Something about putting fur on Sonic always looks absolutely nauseating for me.  Not helped by the repulsive and incomplete-looking color scheme that are often given to him, I suppose.

Anyway, the impact of his existence depends on two factors.  Are you asking if Sonic and his friends were actually real in a society which knew of Sonic the Hedgehog?  Or do you mean being real in a world and a universe in general?  If the former, his fame as a video game icon would probably earn him some prestige, I suppose.  Other than that, there would probably be some very weird prejudice and a lot of people scratching their heads as to how this sort of thing even happens to exist in the first place.  If the latter, probably the same except without the video game prestige to back it up.  And also, if Sonic's friends are real as well, it would only stand to reason that Eggman would exist as well, and it's not like we exactly need more danger in the world right now.

Also, I'm seriously hoping that the live action movie does not focus on that plot point.  That seriously sounds a little too close to that flop of a live action Rocky and Bullwinkle movie...

• Thumbs Up 1

All I'm gonna say is I really hope that's not what the movie is about. I HATE plots that are like that, where some cartoon characters is in the real world.

i think its not bad at all if its well done..

the movie will be a live action.. and the cgi animation its going to be done by the people who animated the Sonic Unleashed animatics cutscenes.. or that's what i read.. :)

besides i don't think this is going to be like Smurfs or Alvin and the chipmunks :lol: hahah

--

They're essentially superheroes though. Save the world a couple of times and you'll become an admired celebrity. Granted, the end result is still that they wouldn't be able to live normal lives. Whether you're put on a pedestal or scorned, it prevents you from being able to live like an ordinary person.

well.. they also can hide in a large forest area or something and live in peace...

but still i think people would harass them a little.. for good or for bad :D .. though i think a character like Sonic would ran away from them..

Anyway, the impact of his existence depends on two factors.  Are you asking if Sonic and his friends were actually real in a society which knew of Sonic the Hedgehog?  Or do you mean being real in a world and a universe in general? 

i wasn't thinking on the first question  but.. yeah i meant  the second thing :D

Also, I'm seriously hoping that the live action movie does not focus on that plot point.  That seriously sounds a little too close to that flop of a live action Rocky and Bullwinkle movie...

ohh now you mention it.. i really agree with you..

well.. they also can hide in a large forest area or something and live in peace...

Forest doesn't seem like Sonic's style, honestly.

We see him chilling by the pool at a fancy hotel at the beginning of Sonic Adventure, and in Secret Rings he apparently has some swanky living accommodations. I feel like Sonic's almost too "human," culturally at least, to live like an animal.

Knuckles probably lives outside though. He seems more like the "one with nature" type.

• Thumbs Up 6

Forest doesn't seem like Sonic's style, honestly.

We see him chilling by the pool at a fancy hotel at the beginning of Sonic Adventure, and in Secret Rings he apparently has some swanky living accommodations. I feel like Sonic's almost too "human," culturally at least, to live like an animal.

Knuckles probably lives outside though. He seems more like the "one with nature" type.

If you forget SatAM exists then yeah, this is probably all true.  Although SatAM is a bit of a different interpretation for the character so yeah.

If you forget SatAM exists then yeah, this is probably all true.  Although SatAM is a bit of a different interpretation for the character so yeah.

That is true, though even in SatAM, Sonic didn't live in the forest because he wanted to. He lived there because it was the only place Robotnik hadn't conquered. Even SatAM Sonic would - if given the chance - live it up in the technologically-advanced city of Mobotropolis rather than the bare-bones forest hideout of Knothole.

In the games, of course, Eggman hasn't conquered most of the world, so he's free to live in style - which seems to be how all iterations of Sonic would prefer to live, whether they actually can or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Simple!

The government would try their best to take them prisoner and cut them open....

just like the roswell alien

• Thumbs Up 2

The government would try their best to take them prisoner and cut them open....

Would you say Sonic would perform a... City Escape?

• Thumbs Up 3

Random question, would this universe where Sonic and pals are real have the video games created before their existence? As in, the video games were made first and suddenly they came to life so people can have prior knowledge of characters. Or is this a universe where they always existed and Sega never made them in the first place?

I always thought of a story idea similar to this.

Sonic would probably have to obey the laws of physics.

So he'd only be Moderately Swiftnic.

I would make it my life mission to get a hug out of Tails.

Don't sit there and tell me I'm the only one who would do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would you say Sonic would perform a... City Escape?

The only way to be sure would be to follow his rainbow! 

I am curious to know if the government would get Sonic and Shadow confused IRL. I know we wouldn't, but everyone knows government bodies aren't all there :P

That is true, though even in SatAM, Sonic didn't live in the forest because he wanted to. He lived there because it was the only place Robotnik hadn't conquered. Even SatAM Sonic would - if given the chance - live it up in the technologically-advanced city of Mobotropolis rather than the bare-bones forest hideout of Knothole.

In the games, of course, Eggman hasn't conquered most of the world, so he's free to live in style - which seems to be how all iterations of Sonic would prefer to live, whether they actually can or not.

I was always under the interpretation that SatAM really tried to capitalize on the whole "nature vs. technology" factor, and so Sonic viewed the forest as his home just as much as the other Freedom Fighters did.  But now that I think of it, season 2 does show Knothole as prosperous and industrious before Robotnik's takeover, so I guess I'm wrong there.

I was always under the interpretation that SatAM really tried to capitalize on the whole "nature vs. technology" factor, and so Sonic viewed the forest as his home just as much as the other Freedom Fighters did.  But now that I think of it, season 2 does show Knothole as prosperous and industrious before Robotnik's takeover, so I guess I'm wrong there.

Knothole itself was just the little forest hideout they used to avoid Robotnik. They previously lived in Mobotropolis, before Robotnik moved in and renamed it Robotropolis - which forced them to flee. But yeah, throughout the show, Sonic and friends want to get out  of Knothole and move back into Mobotropolis, where they were born. And of course, on the team, Sally was a computer wiz, Rotor was a genius mechanic, etc. Technology was by no means evil.

In fact, the dreaded roboticizer itself was invented not by Dr. Robotnik, but by Uncle Chuck. Its original purpose was to provide medical aid to people with non-functioning body parts, but Robotnik stole it and started doing full-body roboticizations on people. So yeah - I think SatAM wasn't "nature vs. technology" so much as "responsible vs. irresponsible uses of technology."

Basically, Sonic's "culturally" human in pretty much every continuity. Knuckles is probably the closest Sonic character to the "natural wilderness-dweller" archetype, seeing as how he sleeps outside and is usually depicted as not having anything resembling a house. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I personally don't like the idea of Sonic defeating Robotnik just to go back to living in some city. I know Satam Sonic is a completely different portrayal of Sonic than others but I think its just out of character for Sonic to just want to live in some big city. 

I personally don't like the idea of Sonic defeating Robotnik just to go back to living in some city. I know Satam Sonic is a completely different portrayal of Sonic than others but I think its just out of character for Sonic to just want to live in some big city. 

but.. what  would be on his character?

i think....as we know he is pretty much a traveler.. maybe he would go around the world looking for more adventure.. but a place to live and to put his personal stuff  like a city wouldn't be bad...or at least to leave them to Tails' care..

also... if he found a place to call home.. City or forest... i guess he wouldn't be present on it too many time, since he likes to travel..

or that's what i imagine...

Well, there's a lot more riding on it than just living in a city. There's lots of people to save, Robotnik himself who'd be a threat to Sonic whether he's in Knothole or a desert, and to protect his own friends' lives.

I guess the closest thing to this would be OVA Sonic, who - by complete choice - lives in a house converted from an old airplane in the middle of nowhere. Close enough to the city to be called on by the president, but still secluded. The guy essentially has his own swanky private island.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, there's a lot more riding on it than just living in a city. There's lots of people to save, Robotnik himself who'd be a threat to Sonic whether he's in Knothole or a desert, and to protect his own friends' lives.

I didn't mean it like that, of course he's going to try to defeat Robotnik to save the world. I mean that when he's done he should become a traveller like his other counterparts not just settle down in Mobotropolis.

I guess the closest thing to this would be OVA Sonic, who - by complete choice - lives in a house converted from an old airplane in the middle of nowhere. Close enough to the city to be called on by the president, but still secluded. The guy essentially has his own swanky private island.

Even though I'm not always comfortable with Sonic having a physical home, I think it's a good compromise as his house was located in a tropical island with a jungle because it wasn't just a house it was a whole island. Plus, the airplane house was awesome.

Was it ever really stated that Sonic was, in fact, a homeless drifter? I mean, sure, he goes places a lot, but I don't see any reason why he can't have a place to go to when he wants. I mean, yeah, we always seen him when he was traveling, but there's really no reason why he can't have a house. The guy could probably move from one end of the country to the other in a matter of a day, if even that. It's probably nothing for him to own a place and travel.

Granted, he probably doesn't spend a lot of time there, just a place to sleep and shower..

Plus, Secret Rings does open up with Sonic sleeping in a house. One with a fireplace even. Granted, it doesn't say whose house it is, but is in one.

Plus, Secret Rings does open up with Sonic sleeping in a house. One with a fireplace even. Granted, it doesn't say whose house it is, but is in one.

• Thumbs Up 1