Awoo.

if Sonic and friends were real...

Drawloverlala

More amusingly, the plot of Sonic Labyrinth explicitly involves Eggman breaking into Sonic's house, only to replace his shoes with slow-down boots

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess it was never really said that Sonic was a Homeless drifter, I was just letting my head cannon get in the way which I should never do. I forgot that Secret Rings opened up in what is to be assumed his house. I think Sonic probably has a house somewhere(it would be cool if it was the OVA house) but he never stays there for long.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the concept of Sonic being homeless is kind of a scary thing, even if he doesn't have a permanent residence.  I think it would make sense for a traveler to at least have some place he can go back to if all else fails.  Besides, you don't travel around the world all your life without picking up more than a few valuable possessions, and you'll need some place to put those.  I never pictured his "home" to be anything extravagant, mind you, let alone an entire island.

I dunno, how would people react to seeing a sapient anthropomorphic crocodile taller than the average male in most countries with super strength and super strong jaws on top of that?

They may be comparable to superheroes in some ways, but you can't tell me that some of them wouldn't just initiate panic. 

• Thumbs Up 2

well one of the most accepted headcanons are that Sonic lives with Tails...(just like in the OVA by example)

dunno.. but Tails its one of the few characters with many properties :D hehehe

well one of the most accepted headcanons are that Sonic lives with Tails...(just like in the OVA by example)

dunno.. but Tails its one of the few characters with many properties :D hehehe

Sonic the Sccreensaver seems to support this theory.  Though it also establishes a precedence for Sonic locking Tails out of his house in the middle of a raging blizzard.

sonicloveschampagne.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic the Sccreensaver seems to support this theory.  Though it also establishes a precedence for Sonic locking Tails out of his house in the middle of a raging blizzard.

sonicloveschampagne.jpg

"God, shut up Tails, I'm trying to read War and Peace!" 

• Thumbs Up 1

sonicloveschampagne.jpg

Edited by Drawloverlala
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd be squeeing cause I be able to be see Ray for real. Maybe I'll be able to get his autograph too... lel

Sonic's canon age is 15 and he's drinking alcohol.

Drinking alcohol in front of a minor that he locked out.

What a badass.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys, Tails is clearly Sonic's housekeeper while Sonic is out earning a living for them. Don't ya know.

Though there would probably be plenty of discrimination and fear brightly colored anthropomorphic animals with superpowers, they'd probably have their fair share of admirers and devotees too. Maybe even a few worshipers :P

I gotta wonder what the world governments would do if they suddenly showed up.

Was it ever really stated that Sonic was, in fact, a homeless drifter? I mean, sure, he goes places a lot, but I don't see any reason why he can't have a place to go to when he wants. I mean, yeah, we always seen him when he was traveling, but there's really no reason why he can't have a house. The guy could probably move from one end of the country to the other in a matter of a day, if even that. It's probably nothing for him to own a place and travel.

I believe Yuji Naka stated so,but I kind of take Word of God with a pinch of salt Sonic-wise, that is if he still counts as Word Of God after being gone a few years.

And he has been seen sleeping otuside or squatting and it really doesn't seem to bother him

Sonic's probably quite fine either way. Likewise, it's probably nothing for Sonic to find shelter and easy enough to find nice weather if he really wants to.

• Thumbs Up 1

And he has been seen sleeping otuside or squatting and it really doesn't seem to bother him

Sonic's probably quite fine either way. Likewise, it's probably nothing for Sonic to find shelter and easy enough to find nice weather if he really wants to.

Yeah, I always assumed that Sonic would just sleep wherever he happened to be. Like if he was running in a forest, he would just lie under a tree or something and sleep there. He seems like the kind of guy to do that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well seeing how society always gets surprised by unusual events or not from this earth visitors. I say that if Sonic and his friends were real the military would most likely would try to capture them because they are aliens and not from around here aka earth. Which wouldn't be a bad idea for the Sonic movie actually. Considering that they do come from a different planet known as Mobius and probably most likely travel from a time or warp hole. It actually sounds like a decent plot. If you ask me.

But your asking about how society would react again the answer is they probably just try and capture them and try to do research on them that's the best answer I have at the moment.

Sorry if I repeated myself. It happens.

• 1 month later...

My understanding of what this question really means is, "What if Sonic and Co., plus Eggman/Robotnik suddenly appeared in our world/universe?"

Firstly, upon the news that we have anthromorphic beings with extremely dangerous amounts of power living on Earth, the whole world would go into mass controversy. Many might be suspicious of their government, could they have been hiding previous events? World religions would make an outcry, and most likely try to sway the public into believing that Sonic & friends are beings manifested in evil (like demons, Satan, etc.). Basically, the world would panic on a global scale and catastrophe would be likely. Minimal damage would be a few riots, maximum would be world destruction via nuclear weapons.

It would be most likely that Sonic would not only have to do the usual, "stop Eggman's evil plot" routine, but he'd have to save the world from itself simultaniously. While I understand that he is a videogame icon, people won't let that sway their beliefs. People will hate, lie, hurt, maim, and kill. It just tends to happen more often when someone's beliefs are insulted or threatened. It's a fact. After the world starts to calm down and clean up, some vast changes to civilization would ensue over the next several decades. Adjusting to a world endangered by the threats of Eggman, and potentially Sonic himself, governments redefining what a person is (human or not), hate and terrorist organizations would form, promoting the discrimination and execution of Sonic, his kind, and all offspring that could ensue. However, over a much longer period of time, our world would probably become somewhat identical to how Mobious is sometimes portrayed. Humans and other beings would somewhat obtain peace with each other, and will start to face other problems like growing population and technology.

In short, the world would be shocked, a brief dark age would follow, and then society would evolve.

(Congrats if you stopped to read this whole post)

• Thumbs Up 1