Awoo.

Nintendo World Championship Returns! - Announcing Nintendo @ E3 2015

RosaRosaRosalina

XnPb0e4.png

They had better do something like this for the NWC or else I'm gonna be pissed

Updated with Dipswitches

• Thumbs Up 2

Seeing Nintendo World Championships make a return is great, looking forward to seeing how it turns out 25 years after the last time it happened. (psst. Give out grey and gold boxed copies to the winners. Start something for people to go nuts over in another 20 years to come!)

Also Reggie and Bill should become legit actors by this point because they do a fuckin amazing job

Are they gonna make a 2015 equivalent to the famed gold cart or something?

I can't wait for them to announce Super Smash Bros. 5!

So... Predictions, anyone? I don't have any, except maybe that they'll announce a new DLC character for Smash.

I just want some update as to what Nintendo is doing with their amiibo issue. We probably won't though.

I'm expecting the Devil's third marketing campaign to kick off, firm details on Star Fox U, and quite a few surprises and new games, and most of those for this year. Also they did confirm nothing on the NX

Sometimes I wish I lived in the US so I could participate in this stuff. ;-; Still, it's pretty damn amazing! I'll make sure to watch it live.

That video was amazing. Holy crap, that was quite hilarious.

Anyway, it looks like E3 is picking up again. Last year was the best E3 I've seen in like forever, and I'm hoping both Microsoft and Sony have their own cool things up their sleeves like last year.

Also, the second Best Buy event will be a day after my school is over, so I'll definitely participate at that one at my nearby place!

My brother is going to participate. If he manages to make it to the finals I'll be super excited for him.

I'll participate, if at all possible.

....Although I have no realistic expectations of winning. =P

What are they playing at NWC? Smash bros or a mix of games?

Unknown

Also, Gamexplain video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2bdE-DVCmE

EDIT:

We have another old schooler coming to compete

http://gonintendo.com/stories/233626-nintendo-powerfest-winner-returning-to-take-part-in-nintendo-worl

NINTENDO POWERFEST WINNER RETURNING TO TAKE PART IN NINTENDO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2015

18 May, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy |  Comments: 0

Nintendo World Championships may be the more recognizable competition name to Nintendo fans, but it wasn't the last competitive event that Nintendo put on. There was also the Nintendo PowerFest, which took place 4 years after the World Championships' demise. The winner of that event was Mike "Qik" Iarossi, who now holds a position on the Empire Arcade competitive gaming team. Iarossi has confirmed that he will be returning to Nintendo's competitive scene with the World Championships 2015. In other words, the battle just got a lot tougher!

The locations have been announced:

The locations for this year's Nintendo World Championships have been announced.

The initial qualifying round will be held across eight different Best Buy locations in the United States. Those who compete will be playing Ultimate NES Remix's Championship mode, attempting to amass the high score in the original Super Mario Bros., as well as Super Mario Bros. 3 and Dr. Mario.

Here are the locations of all eight participating Best Buy stores:

• 1717 Harrison St., San Francisco, CA
  • 3675 Pacific Coast Highway, Torrance, CA
  • 10760 NW 17th St., Miami, FL
  • 900 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg, IL
  • 12905 Elm Creek Blvd. N, Maple Grove, MN
  • 5001 Northern Blvd., Long Island City, NY
  • 9378 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX
  • 2214 S. 48th St., Tacoma, WA

The winners from each location will then travel to E3 to duke it out for the coveted Nintendo World Championship 2015 title. This is the first time in some 25 years that Nintendo has held the event, so you can bet it will be a momentous occasion.

Honestly not surprised, the original one took months of planning and additional months to pull through, this one was announced a mere few weeks before the finals, with the actual planning period being much smaller. It is more of a PR move, much like last years Smash tournament, now in the future we could get another full scale one across the US like the original, but we will see.

Also, most accept it means Champion of the Nintendo World, not World Champion of Nintendo.

Also, most accept it means Champion of the Nintendo World, not World Champion of Nintendo.

"Most" accept.

Mando, you're the first and probably the only person I've heard this from.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hahahaha

No they fucking don't

• Thumbs Up 6

"Most" accept.

Mando, you're the first and probably the only person I've heard this from.

Hahahaha

No they fucking don't

I've heard around, and the first 2 Nintendo World Championships were US exclusive

I've heard around, and the first 2 Nintendo World Championships were US exclusive

How does this excuse the issue?????????????

• Thumbs Up 2