Awoo.

Posting problems... Again.

Radiant Hero Ike

Alright so, remember when we had errors on the forums, where notifications wouldn't work properly and you'd have to refresh the page to see your post or status update? Well, it's happening again. Seems to be exactly the same as before. I thought it was just me at first since I'm on the Wii U, but others are having the same problem.

(I don't think this thread was made, either that or the original one was lost in the wipe, but apologies if it has been made)

Since this occurred to a bunch of members today, myself included, I thought it was time to create a thread to make everyone aware of this issue.

Last year, before the forum crash, you guys might recall a bad glitch on SSMB which caused posts to infinitely load, requiring a page refresh to ensure the post actually went through, the notifications got broken and many said they weren't receiving any notifications of any kind, the like system wasn't working the best, again requiring a refresh to ensure it worked, and other issues.

Well today, it appears that a glitch has hit the forum that is causing this to happen again. As I mentioned, myself and a bunch of other users are getting these issues above, plus delayed notifications, notifications not being received at all, posts requiring a refresh to ensure they worked. It seems some other things may have glitched as well, such as adding a member to a friends list, and statuses also requiring a page refresh to ensure they have went through, among other issues.

Hopefully, this glitch can easily be fixed and won't be like the last time where the glitch had went on for a few months. 

EDIT: Appears new topics are also delayed as well, as I had to refresh the page to ensure the topic had been made. 

DOUBLE EDIT: Decided to also make some suggestions to ensure no posts or statuses is lost:

Some suggestions to ensure you don't lose any posts or statuses:

-When you click post, open a new tab and go to SSMB again and check to ensure your post has went through. If not, copy the post and try again.

-Same for statuses, open a new tab and go to SSMB to try ensure it has gone through.

-For likes, refresh the page. If it hasn't liked the post, try liking it again.

-Notifications, really if these aren't working, you can only really hope that it's delayed and you'll get them in a little bit.

-Adding members to your friends list seems to be weird. I tried to add two members today. One didn't go into my friends list at all, and the other went into my friends list after a little bit. So I'd say if it doesn't work, try again and hope it works.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yup, definetly experienced this. I don't know if my PM got sent or not.

I been experiencing this problem recently. It would never post until you refresh the page. Be sure to copy whatever you wrote to make sure it not get lost.

Some suggestions to ensure you don't lose any posts or statuses:

-When you click post, open a new tab and go to SSMB again and check to ensure your post has went through. If not, copy the post and try again.

-Same for statuses, open a new tab and go to SSMB to try ensure it has gone through.

-For likes, refresh the page. If it hasn't liked the post, try liking it again.

-Notifications, really if these aren't working, you can only really hope that it's delayed and you'll get them in a little bit.

-Adding members to your friends list seems to be weird. I tried to add two members today. One didn't go into my friends list at all, and the other went into my friends list after a little bit. So I'd say if it doesn't work, try again and hope it works.

Happening for me as well. Will this be fixed soon? When this place came back after the wipe, it was fixed but now it's back. Hopefully there's a way to get it gone forever.

Same thing for me. I guess this came back due to the wipe.

I really hope we've taken precautions to not have another huge wipe. 

We have, but this issue is entirely unrelated to the status of the server (that's running fine).

• Thumbs Up 6

From my understanding, it doesn't sound so much like it's not going through, as much as it does, just doesn't give a live update.

Post a status or a post, it'll give an infinite load, but in reality, the status or post did actually go through. I've experience with forum software,  but not much of a coder, but it sounds more like a bit of a broken script than any problem in the back end.

Like I said, I don't have a lot of experience in coding, but I kinda sorta know about some of the scripts, but I think it's Python that allows for live updates upon entering data?

I can confirm that PMs are in the same delayed state.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's also happening to me, both when posting stuff and liking things. The status updates aren't safe either.

Okay, I posted something in a thread, and I didn't have to refresh to see it this time!

But the lag is still happening when sending statuses or liking things...

EDIT: No wait, it lagged again, ignore this post.

It seems to happen on and off doesn't it? Occasionally, it instantly sends a status update/post as normally, but when I mean occasionally, I mean like a "5%" chance of it ever happening. I'm pretty sure this should be cleared up by the time they bring SSMB to IP Board 4, which they have in fact stated they'll be bringing possibly later in the Summer, persumably after E3.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same problem for years now. I didn't mind it at all till today with the dupe posts. Even posting on Tapatalk secretly betrays me and makes dupes what I want it to do. Not sure how long I can stand it now.

I've actually been having the problem a lot less recently.

Edit: For instance, this post I had to refresh for, but a post I made right before it went through okay.