Awoo.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) | Sakura!!!!!!

#AR

So apparently we got a leaked character from Famitsu... Look at your own risk.

It's Laura

2jNFqy0.jpgsa6E89R.jpgHJDZ1mL.jpgxz1EoBr.jpgJXFUjSn.jpg6JsMpLH.jpgWZ9F6sR.jpgFumJ2c8.jpg

Edited by Velvet Reindeer

I'd be too, Famitsu pretty much stole the hype from the entire Brazilian FGC.

Also, we lost the chance of seeing people go nuts seeing an electricity attack near the Brazil event and reaching to the conclusion Blanka was getting revealed.

Speaking of which, do you guys think Laura will be related to Jimmy in any way?

She's been officially announced, so she's fair game boys and girls, welcome to the Street Fighter franchise, Laura. 

SRK's usual article is up as well!

During his visit to Brazil Game Show, Capcom executive Yoshinori Ono had the pleasure of finally showing off Street Fighter V newcomer Laura Matsuda, who may or may not have some connection to Street Fighter III debutant Sean Matsuda. Despite a couple of glaring leaks, we now have the opportunity to see previously low-grade screenshots in beautiful high-definition.

Laura’s reveal trailer can be found here if you’re in the mood for gameplay instead of still images.

According to new details from associate producer Peter “Combofiend” Rosas, this Brazilian newcomer is another “in your face” grappler that is capable of playing devastating mind games with her opponents. Laura’s V-Skill, Linear Movement, allows her to quickly move into or out of attack range depending on which direction is held. Players can also make use of the skill’s inherent overhead by staying at neutral.

sfv-laura-vskill-1sfv-laura-vskill-2

Laura’s V-Trigger, Spark Show, is all about improving her already impressive set of techniques. Upon activation, she gains a ton of advantages, including increased travel with Linear Movement, additional stun on attacks and grabs, and more distance for her fireball, Thunder Clap.

sfv-laura-vtrigger-1sfv-laura-vtrigger-2

Notice that her name is Laura Matsuda, that's the same surname as another SF character you guys may know better as Sean (who's also of Brazilian nationality), I wonder what the connection between these two will be.

As a side note, Laura has been unlocked soon after her reveal for everyone who's playing the game at NYCC and it seems like it's going to be playable at the SoCal 2015 regionals.

Also, apparently Alex is a background character now (but the same could be said about the Shadaloo trio on SFIV so...)

• Thumbs Up 1

Lemme hit you guys with the gameplay style.

As the next heir of the famed Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu fighting style, Laura is constantly looking for strong opponents around the world to defeat, in an effort to spread the Matsuda Jiu-Jitsu’s name and prestige. Generally a happy and outgoing spirit, Laura finds she is the most content and most focused in the heat of battle.

4ee4e723f0be7317c21b95587995ecbe.png
a8b0ea4e30a6ad76b40e4f66a2acf229.png

Laura’s methodical grapple style and quick movement will make her a favorite for those who like to specialize in “up close and personal” mind games. Using a variety of quick moving attacks and command grabs, opponents will have to always to be on guard to stop Laura from overwhelming them quickly.

c85f68c47f559936234eb48782c471ae.png
d9164cdf3d8db7870378399b3469b763.png

Laura is also the first grappler in the Street Fighter series to ever have a projectile! This really changes up how she approaches her opponent and how opponents can approach her.

V-Skill: Linear Movement

By holding either back or forward and pressing medium punch + medium kick, Laura moves in the corresponding direction, getting her in and out of the opponent’s range at will. If no direction is held during the V-Skill activation, she will perform an overhead kick.

c76525b451879419125d8b0fa9c952e4.png5d6e60d4951def2eb2023d21446ac726.png?v=2

V-Trigger: Spark Show

Laura gets ready to zap the competition when she activates Spark Show. During her electrifying state, Laura’s Thunder Clap projectile flies further, she deals more stun on her attacks and grabs, and moves around further during her Linear Movements.

f6c7f29e71bf4206d104cb0d505ec101.png?v=225b4d946d866588dcf9801b12c9c7b46.png?v=2

With Laura being our third brand new character, representing a brand new fighting style, you never know who’ll make it into Street Fighter V. Which fighting style do you think will be the next addition to Street Fighter V? Stay tuned and talk to you guys next time!

• 3 weeks later...

Ono-San has arrived in Paris and is hinted to revealed something at the Playstation conférence for Paris Games Week:

https://www.twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/658591746486464512?p=v

And then, Capcom France posted this:

https://www.twitter.com/capcom_france/status/658609016344596481?p=v

France? Oh please god no, don't tell me it's Abel. He's literally one of the characters i hate the most in the entire SF franchise.

I pray it will be Remy instead.

So, the Street Fighter V beta on PC was indeed data-mined.

Dhalsim is confirmed.

"FAN" and "TUT" are new characters.

SFV Roster:
VMhP4Xb.png
RYU - RYU
CNL - CHUN-LI
NSH - NASH
VEG - VEGA
BLR - BALROG
BRD - BIRDIE
FAN - NEW CHARACTER
CMY - CAMMY
DSM - DHALSIM
LAR - LAURA
KEN - KEN
KRN - KARIN
NCL - NECALLI
RMK - R.MIKA
RSD - RASHID
TUT - NEW CHARACTER
ZGF - ZANGIEF

"How does this confirm anything ?"
Well the found strings indicate that these characters have story illustrations.
Think Tekken intros/epilogues.
They wouldn't use that for stage characters.

What about Alex, Ibuki, .... ? 
Well the assets they found were background character assets.
My list is straight from the executable.

The SIM/BLR disassembly shares the same base class as RYU/KEN/.. .
These are playable roster characters.

Edited by Kyoko Kirigiri

This is not the final roster, right? I mean, where's Blanka, E.Honda or goddamn Akuma?

Assuming one of those new characters listed is a boss character, yeah that's the final roster. 4 new characters, 12 returning, 16 at launch.

JUST in time for Paris Games Week's conference, we have another leak by Eurogamer Portugal. I'll spoiler the roster leak and leave the other stuff.

The release date for Street Fighter V is one of the first news to emerge from the Paris Games Week. In Europe and North America to set date is February 16, 2016.

In addition to the date, Capcom has confirmed a new fighter: Dhalsim a character familiar to those who played the previous title. Visitors to the Paris Games Week will be the first to be able to test Dhalsim, which will be one of the fighters present in the demo available at the event.

Moreover, there are already plans to add more fighters after launch. During 2016 six new characters will be introduced, increasing the total list of 16 to 22. Also new are new facts, challenges and balance updates.

To stress that the new content, including additional fighters, may be purchased with money in-game called Fight Money, that is, they will not need to spend more money, contrary to what happens with Street Fighter and its many issues.

Alternatively, you can buy Fight Money with real money, but it's just an option.

So little hype for the 'Sim no one posted is trailer...

Apart from the trailer and screenshots above, Capcom’s Neidel “Haunts” Crisan was kind enough to provide some details regarding Dhalsim’s gameplay in this upcoming title. In a game as a grappler-heavy as Street Fighter V, Dhalsim certainly stands out, and Crisan refers to him as the the first true zoner.

Dhalsim’s V-Skill, Yoga Float, allows him to do just that. Upon activation, he will float for a few seconds, during which all airborne normals and specials will be available. Yoga Float can be used both from the ground and when Dhalsim is already in the air.

sfv-dhalsim-vskill-1sfv-dhalsim-vskill-2

Dhalsim gains access to a flame carpet-esque move with his V-Trigger, Yoga Burner. Enemies caught in the fire will be damaged in the form of recoverable health, which will begin to regenerate once they leave the affected area.

sfv-dhalsim-vtrigger-1sfv-dhalsim-vtrigger-2

As a side note, it seems like Ono has teased the first wave of DLC characters that will appear on the game.

SJTcaGq.png

Who could they be? 

Noticing a distinct lack of Juri there...

TBH (Improbable as it might be considering popularity) that silhouette looked more like Adon to me.

I'd love Maki tho, mostly because I don't remember myself ever paying a game with her in it. 

Good, I just hope they drop the original SFIV characters completely, C. Viper, El Macho and Fat Bastard. Those were terrible.

Well C Viper was arguably the second most popular character after Juri, considering her appearance in UMvC3; so she might get in as DLC soon.