Awoo.

Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) | Sakura!!!!!!

#AR

When the first stereotype isn't used (amazon jungle), they go for the second, the favelas of Rio. Brazil is more than that so you know Capcom. Street Fighter VI will propably feature a level inside a soccer field to represent Brazil lol

When the first stereotype isn't used (amazon jungle), they go for the second, the favelas of Rio. Brazil is more than that so you know Capcom. Street Fighter VI will propably feature a level inside a soccer field to represent Brazil lol

To be fair, the London stage comes complete with Royal Guardsmen, punk rockers, and men wearing bowler hats. 

Gonna be slightly disappointed if the American stage doesn't take place in a desert. With fat men in cowboy hats. And the only building in sight is a burger shop. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Although UDON Entertainment has had the market on Street Fighter comics cornered for quite some time, a new player will be entering the equation next year. IDW Publishing announced at San Diego Comic-Con that they are planning a special crossover event between the Capcom fighting game series and the long-running G.I. Joe franchise for next year.

While details are scarce at the moment, Capcom revealed that the six-issue miniseries will see the forces of Shadaloo team up with Cobra. They also hinted at dream battles between M. Bison and Cobra Commander as well as Vega and Storm Shadow.

No official release date has been provided, but it’s likely this comic will coincide with the release of Street Fighter V in spring. Stay tuned for more details.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/09/shadaloo-and-cobra-join-forces-in-upcoming-street-fighter-x-g-i-joe-graphic-novel/

Im calling it: GI-JOE DLC Costumes

• Thumbs Up 1

It's missing BOPE coming round the corner

Really? Maybe I'm not familiar enough with G.I. Joe but..why? Seems like it's 90s appeal and everything but I just don't see how it'd make much sense. Both are unrealistic and stuff I know but it just seems like Street Fighter wouldn't really be much of a fit for a bunch of people who use guns and so on. 

This is actually not really the first time SF and G.I. Joe have been promoted alongside each other. SF even had a line of action figures in the Joe style once. Really, Joe features all sorts of crazy shit, especially ninjas. 

Plus, there's always Guile, lest we forget that he's an army guy, and Shadoloo and Cobra are pretty much ripe for a team-up.

Yooooo, this damage is kinda mad

Yeah! SFV damage in general is kinda huge, I like it. 

What was that combo? like mp>hp hadouken/vtrigger mp>hp>lp srk ex srk? pretty sweet. I love how ex srk for ken is shoryu reppa now too.

tbh distancing ken from ryu like this is always good whenever they do it. I love the run and the new look hurricane kicks too. Just a big fan of this in general. 

Edited by Remy

The tightest links in Street Fighter 5 will be three frames; Vesper fills us in on everything we need to know for the SF5 beta

V-Gauge

- Your new resource meter that replaces the revenge meter from USF4
- It ranges from 2-3 bars depending on what character you are using.
In the future we might see a character that has only 1 or even 4 bars
- It starts each round empty, So it does not carry over between rounds
- It builds by taking ANY kind of damage and by V-Skills
- One bar is equal to about 20% damage, this was tested on Ryu assuming he has an average health bar
- Since Nash has the lowest health he builds his V-Gauge naturally the fastest while Birdie and Bison take the longest
to build
- With that being said, you are guaranteed a full bar every round

V-Trigger (HP+HK)

In general V-Trigger augments your character for a short amount of time. This is character specific but it can range
anywhere from added damage and stun to completely changing your special moves and movement. Nash is an exception from the
rest of the current cast as he only get's a one time use which I'll explain in detail in his character breakdown.

- You can activate your V-Trigger when your character is at full stock
- The game will freeze momentarily when activating, similar to a super
- There is recovery on activation, you can be punished for using it raw
- The amount of recovery is character specific. Nash is the fastest and Birdie is the slowest.
- While active, your V-Gauge turns into a timer, it will slowly drain till it is empty
- Doing specific augmented attacks from your character will drain the bar faster as well
- The larger your V-Gauge, the longer your V-Trigger will last. So since it takes longer for Bison and Birdie to fill
a full meter, it also means that they get a longer duration of time.
- Once activated, there is nothing you can do to either gain V-Gauge or to slow it down.
- Naturally when your meter drains to zero you lose your V-Trigger
- The only way to lose your V-Trigger is when the timer is depleted
- Not a comeback mechanic, You still have to work for it. You don't get free damage. You also can't use it automatically
- The person losing isn't always the person who can use his V-Trigger first
- It is possible to activate multiple times a match
- If you win or lose with V-Trigger active, it does not carry between rounds.
- You have to be on the ground to activate
- You cannot activate while in block stun

- You are able to cancel your attacks into V-Trigger, I'll call this V-Cancelling

There are rules to this

- The attack has to make contact to V-Cancel, hit or block. Nash is the only exception to this rule.
- You can V-Cancel any normal attack that is special move cancelable. So you cannot V-Cancel Ryu's F+MP overhead for
example, but you can V-Cancel his C.MK since it is special cancelable.
- You can only V-cancel specific special moves. This is very character specific, for example Ryu cannot V-Cancel his
Shoryuken but Birdie can V-Cancel his Headbutt. Capcom has done this to prevent low risk high reward setups which was
very common in SF4.

Once again I'll go over specifically what each V-Trigger does for each character.

V-Skill (MP+MK)

V-Skill is a character specific action you get by pressing MP+MK.

- They can be defensive, offensive or both. They are pretty unique.
- They are free to use, unlimited
- V-Skills can build your V-Gauge. The method on how it builds and how much it builds is very character specific. ( Examples)
- You can still use your V-SKill while V-Trigger is activated. But it will no longer build V-Gauge
- You can use your V-Skill as a reversal
- You cannot cancel into your V-Skill so far ( Except Ryu )
- You can still combo into them though

V-Reversal (Blocking F+PPP / Cammy F+KKK)

V-Reversal is a character specific action done while blocking, generally it is a quick reversal attack.

this is essentially an Alpha Counter from SFA

- Costs 1 bar of V-Gauge
- Different for each character
- Does about 2-3% damage
- Can not kill, win the round with
- Does grey damage
- Has very small invincibilty, can be used when blocking supers
- Can be blocked
- Can be baited, it's generally slow
- Cannot be used during V-Trigger
- Can be used on blocked projectiles, so it can miss.

Basic Controls

- V-Trigger is HP+HK
- V-Skill is MP+MK
- V-Reversal (Blocking) F+PPP / Cammy F+KKK
- Throw LP+LK
- Taunt is PPP+KKK
- Quick Rise inplace PP / Down
- Quick Rise away KK / Back

Edited by Athena Cykes

Here's the EVO panel:

The biggest thing to take out of this?

STREET FIGHTER V IS THE ONLY VERSION OF STREET FIGHTER V THAT WILL EXIST.

They went on the say that the roster starts out with 16 characters and every character added can be earned through gameplay. There are two currencies ingame, Fight Money (which you earn in game) and Zenny which can be purchased with real money to speed up buying characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I mention how much I love that the currency is called "Fight Money"? 

if not, pls delete mods.

Also, a part of me thinks this is something good since me and my casual-ness enjoys this model but I'm not sure how the competitive crowd might take it. Especially since MKX has taken a lot of flak for the way they handle a similar model (tho that's mostly because of the ways they constantly patch the game not allowing a meta game to be formed). I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out, apparently the beta will also put this to the test... I guess once Nash and Cammy are available to download people will have the option to buy it with some complementary zenny's or fight money.

ps: From now on I'm calling zennies Bison Dollars and you can do nothing to stop me D8<

I'm not really seeing  many people complain. Effectively it's the return of unlockable characters, with an extra option to just  pay for them instead.

I'm not really seeing  many people complain. Effectively it's the return of unlockable characters, with an extra option to just  pay for them instead.

It's basically the way MKX unlocks stuff with either winning Koins (game currency) or buying it from the store (except even better since apparently you can also get DLC with muh fight monay), which for some reason pissed people off (also the "easy Fatality inputs" unlock).

Maybe people worry that the Bison Dollar/Fight Money ration will be unfair? Or maybe they worry about the way the content will be distributed? Truth to be told I'm not seeing the complains either since you are not forced to stick with one method. As I said they are going to test this on the beta so if there is anything problem people will complain about it and it'll get fixed by release.

I believe they are also revealing a newcomer today (or Blanka... But many people expect Ono to Ono)? Can't wait to see what he's all about.

Edited by gato

So no more expansion packs and extra characters will be free should you choose? I wonder if this was something Capcom decided on or not considering their business tactics over the past few years. Maybe this is more of Sony's involvement? Whoever decided on this this is great news! Expansion packs were ok and all but at this point where we live in a digital age it wouldn't work. One version is fine.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Here's the official upload, but yeah, same shit.

Annnnnnnnnnd ComboFiend posted a brief introduction.

Players who enjoy a straight forward, hard hitting character will feel right at home with Necalli, as he possesses a wide variety of savage, close range attacks, as well as a command grab, all with the goal of demolishing his foes.

V-Skill: Culminated Power

• Necalli pounds the ground with both fists, creating an explosion from the ground that damages the opponent. By holding the joystick left, right or leaving it at neutral, players can control the distance the explosion travels, allowing him to pressure opponents from afar.

V-Trigger: Torrent of Power

• Necalli channels a mysterious energy that warps his hair color and completely changes his personality for a short period of time. While in his powered up state, he gains access to new combos, new frame data, and even a new Critical Art!
Edited by Athena Cykes
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vega reveal.

ComboFiend's intro.

That’s right, he now has the ability to sheathe his claw during battle in exchange for new moves, such as a command grab, as well as new attack properties, greatly changing the way he approaches each fight. Knowing when to toggle between the two styles will be the key to success, and it also allows for new combo possibilities. Conversely, Vega will no longer be able to pick up his claw once it’s knocked off, so knowing how to fight without the claw is a must! Players who enjoy tricky movement and the technical challenge of switching between claw/no-claw fighting styles will definitely find the beauty in Vega’s play style.

V-Skill: Matador Turn

Vega swiftly dodges the opponent’s incoming attack and chooses whether to launch a quick counterattack that knocks them down or not.

V-Trigger: Bloody Kiss

Vega throws a rose at high velocity towards the opponent. If it hits, he charges behind it and delivers a series of brutal slashes that devastate the enemy. The move can be done as an anti-air from crouch or as an air attack when jumping forward, making it an extremely versatile projectile attack, as well as a combo extender.

Really digging the outfit.

Welp, we got Dic(k)tator, we got claw, all we need is boxer with all his FIGHT MONEYYYYYY

• 4 weeks later...

OKAY SO SOME NEWS

Worldwide Beta Test ("okay let's try this again" edition) begins on the 28th and lasts five days. They've been putting out a buncha stress tests in different regions so they've gotten a lot of detail worked and hopefully this one will be smoother.

Speaking of stress tests...I got to play during the recent NA one myself and...

I love it.

The game doesn't feel as stiff as SFIV, the motions are a lot more fluid. Timing takes a bit to get used to but the new mechanics work out really well. The V-system is a much better mechanic than the focus attacks. Getting used to each character's V-Skill and applying it to the heat of battle is a fun challenge and brings a new shell of depth to the gameplay. I'm also happy about the removal of the revenge gauge, and instead putting the Critical Arts and EX bars in the same thing. Hails back to the SFIII days. Speaking of which, the game feels like a middle ground between SFIV and 3rd Strike. The pace is kinda same as 4, but the heavy hitting attacks and generally higher damage output definitely increase the stakes. The only thing that's missing for me is my mains from previous games. Not sure if Cody or Elena are coming back so I'm gonna have to prepare to learn someone else. After playing all six characters present, I enjoyed Chun-Li the most.

Definitely can't wait for the full cast to be revealed. I'm super friggin' hyped.

Ya gal Rainbow Mika has returned.

Let's see what ComboFiend has to say about her.

R. Mika’s wrestling prowess will be on full display in Street Fighter V, as she dazzles opponents with a large variety of high-flying moves. This time around, her wrestling tag-team partner Nadeshiko also assists in the fight!

By calling Nadeshiko at the right time using R. Mika’s V-Trigger ability, you’ll be able to setup sneaky attacks and punishing command grab mix-ups that are sure to knock the stuffing out of your opponent. Players who enjoy close-combat guessing games and striking fear into the hearts of opponents will find R. Mika an absolute delight to play.

V-Skill: Mic Performance

R. Mika pulls out her trusty microphone and gives a heart-pumping monologue to the crowd. The longer the buttons are held down, the more powerful her normal and special throws become!

V-Trigger: Nadeshiko (3 Variations)

Now this is wrestling! Depending on the direction held during the V-Trigger activation, R. Mika’s faithful tag-team partner will deliver a surprising, high flying attack at the opponent from different angles: neutral (body splash from above), hold back (dropkick from the front), hold forward (dropkick from behind).

The different variations keep opponents guessing and afraid to hit buttons, perfectly setting up R. Mika’s damaging command throws.

• Thumbs Up 2

Appropriate response:

The only character i really want to return now is just Q (maybe even Eagle, but mostly Q) and i'll be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

RAIN...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Hype as fuck. Now that we got one of the waifus from Alpha 3..Karin please.