Awoo.

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (20th November 2015 / 3DS)

Junko

pokemon-super-mystery-dungeon-top-galler

Look forward to the launch of Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon in winter 2015, continuing in the legacy of the exciting Pokémon Mystery Dungeon video games! With dungeon layouts that change every time you enter them, the fun never ends! Battle alongside Legendary and Mythical Pokémon to save the world from a crisis in a tale of unprecedented scale.

Keep checking Pokemon.com for much more information about Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon and get ready for the arrival of impressive mystery dungeons that will surpass all others!

No really. That's all we have to go on. Thoughts? I heard Gates to Infinity wasn't that good, what do you hope for it to improve?

Edited by Athena Cykes

I recently replayed Rescue Team and Explorers, so I'm hyped for this!

I actually don't actually think Gates to Infinity is as terrible as many people seem to think it is, but it certainly did fail in some respects, such as number of Pokémon available for recruitment and the lack of a postgame. Hopefully this game will improve on those things.

Super? Am I the only one who feels a little underwhelmed by the title of this game, no cool subtitle like Gates To Infinity or (Insert Color Here) Rescue Team?

As far as gameplay goes, I dunno. I haven't played Gates To Infinity yet and this description is so vague it leaves us wondering what's so SUPER for now.

I was right (or maybe it was too obvious) that we'd get a Pokemon game this year, but was I foolish to expect a mainline Pokemon title?

Haven't heard good things about the previous one, but if this one is more than halfway decent I may check it out.

We'll probably get a big main series game next year, as it'll be the 20th anniversary of Red and Green's release in Japan. Probably either Gen VII or another Kanto game (whether it be remake or sequel).

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually loved Gates to Infinity. o_o Was it perfect? No, but it did bring a lot of cool things to the table.

The story had a great focus on character interactions. The cast was endearing and fun, and there were some surprising twists sprinkled throughout. The soundtrack was amazing. I mean, seriously, check this out...

The battle system is more accessible to newcomers, even if it is at the sacrifice of difficulty. Move leveling, and limit-break style team attacks do help with the obnoxious Monster Houses, and the removal of hunger in the story, while a mixed blessing, does help for those who aren't accustomed to Roguelikes.

My biggest complaint is how SHORT it is, but I'd honestly place it between Rescue and Explorers.

Anyway, I'm stoked for this one. I really hope they expand upon what worked in Gates and make another game on the same level as Explorers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watch this be free to play, totally calling it.

Also, Gates to Infinity is the only Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game I've played, so I haven't really got much else to compare to. The story was easily the strongest point, even if the gameplay itself was a bit eh.

I don't think we have to worry about it being a F2P title. The website describes/hints at there being a story, so my guess is that if there are F2P elements, they'll be like the ones in Gates: downloadable dungeons, with the main story still being within the game itself.

Also, Gates to Infinity was considered short? It still took like 20-odd hours or so, if I remember correctly.

Admittedly, I normally have very little patience for roguelike dungeon crawlers and can't stand randomly generated dungeons. I guess the reduced diffuculty and cutesy Pokémon paint job were enough to keep my interest. It was mostly the plot that kept me playing, really.

IDK I'm good with not having a mainline Pokémon game for another five, twelve years

• Thumbs Up 6

IDK I'm good with not having a mainline Pokémon game for another five, twelve years

I don't know about that much time, but I can agree a few years break is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about that much time, but I can agree a few years break is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch this be free to play, totally calling it.

For now I'm just crossing my fingers that it isn't some F2P game that all the other spin offs have become recently.

I love PMD a ton maybe even more then the main games so I hope it turns out fantastic.

Yeah, admittedly it's the 'Super' in the title that made it reek of Free to Play, to me. Just feels like a bit of a tacky attempt at attention grabbing.

Although my boyfriend pointed out, the fact they're announcing it this far ahead of time means it likely won't be F2P. Considering both Shuffle and Rumble World were announced very close to their actual release, it'd be odd to announce a F2P game over six months in advance.

Gates to Infinity did have a rather limited starter choice, which was underwhelming for me, so I hope that add more Pokemon to the roster in this one. But, other than that I loved playing Gates to Infinity so color me excited for this one! :D

Why is Europe getting this sooooooooooooo late?

Anyway, I need to catch up on some mystery dungeon. I missed out on Explorers of Sky and Gates to infinity (heard mixed feelings on this one).

Well, it got pushed back.

Look forward to the launch of Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon in early 2016, continuing in the legacy of the exciting Pokémon Mystery Dungeon video games! With dungeon layouts that change every time you enter them, the fun never ends! Battle alongside Legendary and Mythical Pokémon to save the world from a crisis in a tale of unprecedented scale.

Well, it got pushed back.

Is that the US site? It still says Winter 2015 to me.

It was the UK getting it in 2016.

So it turns out it's a legit game after all! It's not Free to play!

I'm really liking the looks of this, it looks like a real return to form after the disappointing Gates to Infinity.

Also it looks like Dialga's back. Wonder if it'll be the same one from Time/Darkness/Sky and we'll get to visit Temporal Tower again. I hope so!

• Thumbs Up 3

I would be so down for a remix of Temporal Tower and Dialga's battle theme.

Unlikely to happen, but still, I can dream until then, can't I?

• Thumbs Up 1

Funny that, I'd just finished the main storyline to Blue Rescue Team a few days ago. At this rate I doubt I'll even have enough time to go through the rest of the franchise before this releases, especially seeing as I've got my heart set on postgame content now. ;3;

fucking darkrai

I've never played the Mystery Dungeon games (watched the anime specials tho XP) since I've heard mixed opinions on them but presentation wise this Mystery Dungeon looks really good! I'll see what the reviews are like and if it's decent I might pick it up as my first Mystery Dungeon title!