Awoo.

PlayStation E3 Experience: LIVE in Theaters June 15

Junko

Whenever I interact with the PlayStation community I’m always struck by their passion and excitement for gaming. I saw this firsthand at E3 2014, when I teamed up with PlayStation and Fathom Events to bring the E3 Press Conference live to over 10,000 fans around the country as part of the PlayStation E3 Experience in movie theaters. It was amazing to see fans line up all across America to experience the news and announcements live with others in the community.

This year I’m happy to announce that the PlayStation E3 Experience will return on Monday, June 15. Due to the quick sell-outs in 2014, we will be staging it in significantly more theaters — and yes, it will still be free. Last year tickets in most markets sold out in 15 minutes or less, so for 2015 we are increasing the number of theaters by more than 150%, with at least one theater in every state across the US — including Hawaii and Alaska — plus 3 cities in Canada.

You and fellow members of the PlayStation community will get to see the full PlayStation E3 press conference in HD on the big screen, plus there are special bonuses for those who come out to the theater experience. I’ll be hosting an exclusive 30-minute in-theater post show with extended footage and interviews with developers, and everyone who attends will take home a PlayStation surprise, which will consist of PlayStation goods and digital codes we can’t disclose yet. (Last year attendees received early access to the Destiny Alpha and Battlefield: Hardline beta, along with a great poster and VIP laminate).

To make it fair to everyone in the community, this year we are giving you advance notice of ticket sales. Free tickets will be made available on Wednesday, May 27 starting at 9:00 a.m. PT at playstation.com/e3experience. Eighty percent of theater capacity will be reserved for ticket holders, with 20% of the theater held for those on the wait list, who will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. We saw the big lines last year and want to make sure that everyone has a fair chance to be in the theater.

The PlayStation.Blog guys also tell me that their big PlayStation LiveCast show will be back again in a big way, kicking off with the PlayStation Press Conference on June 15th, starting at 5:45 p.m. Pacific Time. They’ll have plenty of game demos, new trailers, and developer interviews over the next three days – and you’ll be able to watch on your PS4 orPS3 using the Live Events Viewer app, too. Stay tuned for more details.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/21/experience-e3-2015-live-in-theaters-on-june-15th/

They all got some pretty decent free stuff last time.

And from what I read it was a really fun time at pretty much all those places... .. .. I wanna go too... =(

PSHome is dead but I actually miss having their E3 Home experience. I remember getting stuff like 30 days of PS+, music trial, games, themes, etc all for free.

PSHome is dead but I actually miss having their E3 Home experience. I remember getting stuff like 30 days of PS+, music trial, games, themes, etc all for free.

9 PM on June 15th?

UGGGHHH WHY DO I STILL HAVE SCHOOL ON THAT DATE

I would make the drive to the nearest city but I have an exam the next fucking day lol

Sony seems really big on expanding their public outreach. I take it the PlayStation Experience will make a return as well?

Back to the E3 Experience, I'm eager to see how many more cities they're reaching. While I'll be at E3 personally, I have a few friends who would certainly take advantage of this.

Just realized that June 15th is a Monday, a.ka. work day for me. God dammit. I really need to get a car.

So.. You'll be scrambling to get a ticket not knowing where the closest theater is?

.. come on Sony

Best failed execution of a plan ever.

"They'll be screaming to go into the theaters! But we won't tell them where the theaters are yet."

No, that is poor policy. A lot of people are liable to forget any event you held and thus become lost traffic if they can't grab their ticket immediately.

Ideally you want your tickets ready the moment you announce something. Failing that, it would be nice to at least have a location so people know where they need to be on the day.

This experience is a good idea but could use some polish.

• Thumbs Up 1