Awoo.

Need for Speed 2015 (Full Reboot, PS4/XBO/PC)

KrazyBean

There isn't much, except for this teaser. We'll see the full trailer in June 15th which is E3 time. It's giving me some Underground 2 vibes so I hope they bring back the street racing, insane customisation stuff Underground 2 had. APPARENTLY the teaser is in-game footage but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: OK, so it's basically Underground 3. Gotta say I'm really excited now. Dunno about the nocturnal open world. Sure most street races take place at night but it will be nice to see the sun still. Guess all the neon lights won't look as good during the day though.

The latest instalment in EA's long-running racing series is being pitched as a "full reboot", hence the stripped back title. EA promises Need for Speed will draw on what it considers the core pillars of the series: "deep customisation, authentic urban car culture, a nocturnal open world, and an immersive narrative that pulls you through the game."

• Thumbs Up 1

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

*ahem*

Now I seriously enjoyed the Underground series of NFS games. So many fond memories. Sadly, the series kinda fell off the trolley with Pro Street and never fully recovered. 

With the series having a year's break, I'm somewhat optimistic about this. If it has deep customisation and a B movie-tier storyline like the good ol' days then sign me right up!

Edit: I can't read, but it's all but confirmed now. 10/10 Day 1 buy etc.

Nice little teaser and got me ready for the full trailer.

EA looks to have a very good E3 lined up this year, what with this, Criterion's game, and Star Wars.

NFSUG2 was my jam, so if the new game truly is a sequel to that game I'll be pretty happy.

Honestly the teaser doesn't do anything for me but remind me of how EA will end up screwing up this game with "Pre-Order" DLC and Day One bugs that should have been taken care of before release.  Plus with me coming from the pre-Underground era it only reminds me of when they went through their "Dork-Age" from Underground 1 to Shift 1.

Hype level instantly killed. Just when I thought EA was getting better...

• Thumbs Up 2

Why doesn't this industry never learn... Always-on DRM never works, especially on triple A games.

And EA, it's like it's begging for backlash

Heh, wan't that interested in the first place, but definitely skipping it now(Burnout is superior anyways), Think I may finally pick up most wanted U if I see a copy though

And there was me thinking they wouldn't pull the same trick twice.

What next? An app that you can use to 'help' others?

Sorry to ruin anyone's excitement, but...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/29/need-for-speed-reboot-will-require-internet-connection

Sorry, unless you have an internet connection, you're fucked.

And I thought EA had learned from C&C4 & SimCity (the reboot)

I can't wait for the offline mode patch to come out next Christmas. (Unless there is a legitimate reason for online only)

Why do they do this...unless you're a MMO you have ZERO reason to have a persistent online connection for your game.

• Thumbs Up 2

No way would EA make the same mistake twice...oh wait, it's EA. =[

I hope there's an offline mode too for those who don't like being online all the time.

A persistent online connection with no alternative options for when people just want to play single player only/ those that have an unreliable connection coupled with their rather spotty servers based upon my multiplayer experience with NFS Rivals it spells trouble for this game a mile away.  I think I can safely say I'll be black-flagging this title and stick with the other racing titles in my gaming library.

Welcome to not being able to play your game for the first day or so after release because the servers went down, then it not functioning at all when EA kills its server because the next one is out.

The idea of rebooting NFS also happens to be laughable considering how little in common many of these games are. Haha the names over the years. NFS 3: Hot Pursuit, then some time later, NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, then some timer later, NFS: Hot Pursuit.

To bad there won't be a live action Mr. X like the 3DO version had.

How stupid is EA? Serious question here. I mean with them not being able to pull this crap multiple times before, and eventually going back on it, why would they assume a big franchise like Need for Speed could get away with it? There is no way they can honestly think it could be justified and okay with the public.

J9P3MKG.png

Dinah.gif

Wow, they really want to make this online only. And obviously didn't learn jackshit from Sim City either.

J9P3MKG.png

Dinah.gif

Wow, they really want to make this online only. And obviously didn't learn jackshit from Sim City either.

I don't normally say this, but that is literally the DUMBEST reasoning I have ever heard for keeping a game strictly online. Seriously I don't even know why I pay EA any attention anymore.

^ Appropriate since I'm using an Alice in Wonderland gif, but yep. XP Shame too cos they seemed to be improving last year, while Ubisoft was the one making stupid mistakes.

If more and more complaints pile up EA will hopefully change their mind and announce at E3 that NFS will have offline mode as well as online.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering that we're still not quite at the point where having a consistent internet connection is a given, I just can't see the benefits of having this be a mandatory feature. I can only hope that they actually have a contingency plan at the ready for when things go pear-shaped, like what happened with the SimCity fiasco from a couple years ago.

I could feasibly see an online-only racing game working somehow if the game were actually constantly communicating game information for anything important. Random encounters with players from completely seperate races intersecting your path, cops exclusively controlled by players, stuff like that. But EA haven't even attempted to communicate a single benefit to this - they've only tried to bill DRM as a selling point in of itself. That isn't just naieve, it's straight up fucking absurd that they thought this was a good idea after fucking up so badly the last time they tried, and it honestly beggars belief that they still have money to keep tossing away on fuckups like these when it should ideally be killing them.