Awoo.

Steam Summer Sale June 11-22 "BUY EVERYTHING! ... Play everything! .... Refund EVERYTHING!

Badnik Mechanic

This one comes from... all over the place but it boils down to the following.

IGN Russia posted that the Steam Summer Sale 2015 will start on June 11th and end on June 22nd, how they obtained this information was through a ton of other links... but going back... the claim originates from 6 days ago by....

The guy who made this particular comment also did most of the Russian translation for Enhanced Steam (and a bit of the Russian translation for Steam itself) so I can vouch that's he's a good guy and knows what he's talking about.

Fucking hell, I was hoping for it to come a bit later so I could have some more time to scrounge together some cash to spend.

In any case, I'm excited for this. Hopefully I'll be able to clear off some of that wishlist and increase the size of my backlog by a few more games :P The big ones I'm hoping for a discount on are the Europa Universalis IV DLC, Shovel Knight, and UnEpic - the first one because it's a DLC trap and the latter two because I really want to play them.

Hopefully I will have finished building my new PC by then.

I'm pretty sure I spent about £200 last sale. This year's probably not gonna be so bad, since the last one was the first Steam sale I experienced.

Regardless, wallets will be screaming bloody murder in a week or two.

There's nothing I'm hugely gagging for atm (still have some Steam games I haven't even started - some of them gifts even argh) so, should any of them drop below £3 or so, I'll prolly do my usual thing and replenish my stock of games that I love, to keep in my inventory for suddenly throwing at friends who express the slightest bit of interest in said games should they come up in conversation lol.

I'd buy some discounted Sonic titles but I don't know... I never play the bulk of what I buy. :P

I was going to cash in on the bundle deal a few days back but I thought I already had them from a previous sale... lo and behold, I no longer have the keys.

I'm not really seeing me buying a lot this year. A lot of the games I really want will have a better deal during the Winter Sale due to how recent they are.

I don't really have plans of getting anything from the Store anytime soon, since the games I do want on there are either coming out soon or just came out, reducing their chance of being hit with a decent enough discount.

Oh god damn it, I don't need this in a week that's already gonna be full of stuff with E3 and Stevenbomb 2 happening.

I bought so many games on steam that sales no longer excite me... Just... an endless backlog of shit I'll never play, piled up onto my account and the question of "why...?"

• Thumbs Up 2

The "Mystery" cards have shown up on badge profiles. Looks like the event is going to come both really soon and with another cool event.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/385oxx/seems_like_its_time_again/

uu6HjAe.png

(Picture from a fellow Steam redditor)

You can already receive these cards from simply making badges, although I'd personally recommend to sit tight with the cards at the moment.

Take the word "Rumor" out, it's officially happening. Paypal just announced it.

CdU12mU.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Like most of you I don't think I'll be getting as many games from the Steam Sale this year. I mean even last year I only got like, five games? I haven't even had a chance to play many of them! @_@

Unless there's one great bargain for less than a fiver, I don't think I'll be getting much if anything.

Really, I'm only gonna be around during the sale for whatever snarky event they've got. I'm into making Steam badges so I'm going to try to get a Level 1 badge for the event. I'll probably be selling duplicates and getting others haha

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm currently aiming to the titles in my wishlist (obviously) with maximun priority on The Banner Saga, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and any of the Ys titles, but i'm open to surprises.

Bottomline, i'm really excited and my wallet is so ready for Gaben-senpai gifts.

Don't think I'll be participating in this years Steam summer sale as I am planning on getting a new PC and doing Voice Acting classes so it wont' be in the budget.

I got a shitton of money for my high school graduation, and I've set aside about 80-ish bucks from that for the summer sale while putting the rest into savings.

My body is ready for this

I want to pick up Shovel Knight and UnEpic if they go on sale. That's currently my big two that I want to get and they'll be taking top priority. Outside of that, I'd like to try to pick up whatever Sonic games I don't already have on there, Darkest Dungeons, Grow Home, and Lego Worlds (assuming that it goes on sale, seeing that it just came out) - I know I won't get all of those, though, but I'll just see what I'm feeling when the time comes. 

Also, I'm going to try to craft at least a level 1 badge for the event. Badges are rad <3

I'm hyped for Thursday  ^_^

Not really gonna go crazy this year. I think I'll a few games, New Vegas being one that I'm interested in.

Dunno what else I'll buy, maybe a couple more that catch my eye. We'll see what they have when the day comes.

This year I'm only looking for Driver San Francisco, Cities Skylines and maybe LA Noire

Might get RPG Maker VX Ace if it goes on sale low enough this time, since RPG Maker XP has become extremely addictive to me.

Also, Five Nights at Freddy's 3.  Would like to get that sometime while it's still relevant.

Might get RPG Maker VX Ace if it goes on sale low enough this time, since RPG Maker XP has become extremely addictive to me.

Also, Five Nights at Freddy's 3.  Would like to get that sometime while it's still relevant.

RPG Maker VX Ace is something you should totally go for. It's tools are much more simple and more complex.

RPG Maker VX Ace is something you should totally go for. It's tools are much more simple and more complex.

Well, that and people still make resources for that version of the program.  Finding the support and resources you need for XP is kind of a chore.

IT HAS BEGUN!

And of course, the site is slowed down by everyone logging in.
So far, i've seen some very interesting sales, but i wanna wait a couple of days to see potential daylies and similar.

So this event, Steam has a Cookie-Clicker esque game as their main attraction for the event.

city_day_boss.gif?v=1

The idea is to pass through bosses and enemies, upgrade, that stuff. It's supposed to be a joint effort of the community (so for example if all players registered X amount of clicks together, a new massive discount for a game is placed on the store). It's also the only effort of gaining trading cards for free (If you are above level 5 on Steam), so those hoping for getting one for voting at the community choice is out of luck. I want to give this "Monster" game a shot, but I can't. Steam servers are struggling right now due to the high amount of players playing. Joining a game is literally impossible at this rate.

So this event, Steam has a Cookie-Clicker esque game as their main attraction for the event.

city_day_boss.gif?v=1

The idea is to pass through bosses and enemies, upgrade, that stuff. It's supposed to be a joint effort of the community (so for example if all players registered X amount of clicks together, a new massive discount for a game is placed on the store). It's also the only effort of gaining trading cards for free (If you are above level 5 on Steam), so those hoping for getting one for voting at the community choice is out of luck. I want to give this "Monster" game a shot, but I can't. Steam servers are struggling right now due to the high amount of players playing. Joining a game is literally impossible at this rate.

There doesn't seem to be any strategy to the game.  You buy upgrades, but nothing seems to be happening.  I don't know.  I managed to get it up and running but it's left me completely confused.  Also the enemy's health doesn't seem to deplete.  Not sure if that's because of server issues or what.