Awoo.

Steam Summer Sale June 11-22 "BUY EVERYTHING! ... Play everything! .... Refund EVERYTHING!

Badnik Mechanic

Ok...GTA III Trilogy (III, VC & SA) for $7.49...but in the store page, the price of the individual games gives you a total of $7.15...So...where's the deal there when I can get them cheaper separately?

There doesn't seem to be any strategy to the game.  You buy upgrades, but nothing seems to be happening.  I don't know.  I managed to get it up and running but it's left me completely confused.  Also the enemy's health doesn't seem to deplete.  Not sure if that's because of server issues or what.

That only works if you have less than two hours worth of playtime, doesn't it?

Zero hours would be less than 2 hours. I imagine a smart person might buy it, wait before they play it, and then engage the refund policy if it comes along again at a cheaper price. That way, they can get their money's worth if it does appear again, but they haven't missed their chance if it doesn't.

Zero hours would be less than 2 hours. I imagine a smart person might buy it, wait before they play it, and then engage the refund policy if it comes along again at a cheaper price. That way, they can get their money's worth if it does appear again, but they haven't missed their chance if it doesn't.

Ah, okay.  I guess that makes sense. ^^ -  Time for me to abuse the system and do my wallet a huge disservice by buying two things that I don't need.

Jeez. This sale is killing me so far as I spent all I have for it. Now to wait for more money before it ends.

xHAVjtr.png

I'm going to call it quits on the sale because I'm setting the rest of my money aside for the new CKII DLC coming out soon, but I got a pretty great haul out of it -

5B2BT2M.png

wSnjmIj.png

Completed my Sonic collection on Steam and got some other nifty shit as well. I'm pretty happy with the outcome of it all :P

Well, here are the first victims on my side:

B410hdu.jpg?1

Not too much, but good stuff notheless, and things that were not even in my wishlist.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got Pac-Man Championship. I'll hold off on anything else, I think, unless Ultra IV or Cities: Skylines go on a Flash sale.

I Got myself Shantae Risky's Revenge, Game Dev Tycoon, and Bully Scholarship Editon from the sale.

Oh and Castle Crashers, because I have 7 friends who own the game and it's a fun simple game.

So far I got Lords of the Fallen, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Rise of the Triad, and The Cat Lady.

Lords of the Fallen was the first thing I refunded on Steam.  I got it because I figured it would provide a fun experience similar to Dark Souls, which the game definitely wasn't hiding its similarities to.  While the mechanics are very similar, the art and story are not engaging, the clunkier combat, while cool looking, was way too hard to get used to, and in the end the difficulty led me to quit rather than get more motivated to keep trying like in Dark Souls.

Rise of the Triad is some pretty fun goofy old-school shooting action.  Probably the closest a modern shooter has come to replicating the ridiculous gameplay of retro 90s shooters.  

The Cat Lady is a little horror game that had good reviews and seemed to have an interesting art style with a very depressing story.  I love horror and I'm always looking for good new horror games, but good lord, the good reviews just seemed really unwarranted.  It's basically like a shitty browser horror game that they decided to put on Steam.  Terrible art design, uninspired gameplay, and absolutely ridiculous levels of sitting and watching dialogue play out with no interaction.  I'd refund this too but it was only a couple of bucks.

The best of the bunch is easily Wolfenstein: The New Order.  This and The Old Blood are just really solid and fun shooters, plain n simple.  Not as wacky as 90s shooters, not as overly serious as most modern shooters, it finds a really happy medium and offers a serious and enjoyable story while simultaneously letting the player kill giant Nazi robots with some of the most satisfyingly punchy weapons in any FPS I've experienced.  If you like shooters, both this and The Old Blood are very easy recommendations.

Waiting for a refund on RPG Maker VX Ace since it's on Flash sale for $7 less.  If the refund doesn't go through soon, probably just going to have to suck it up and accept that I paid $7 more for it than I should have.  I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen, though, since they're probably getting a lot of refund requests right now.

But I also got FNAF3 and Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition, the latter of which is only $1.09 at the moment, so if you want a super cheap and addictive game, I'd go for that now.

I'd say be careful not to abuse too much the refund system or they'll either change it or completely remove it

I'd say be careful not to abuse too much the refund system or they'll either change it or completely remove it

Second raid for me:

KrqN1Pc.jpg?1

Not pictured is also Freedom Planet, courtesy of Lisbon (a thousand thanks again).

Now the two games i'll want the most are only The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and YS VI: The Ark of Napishtim. I'm still open to surprised though.

Ended up getting Killer Is Dead, that's one game so far. There's just not much I'm interested in haha.

aX4oz8S.jpg?1

Third round for me. This time i concentrated on more little things, yet i took a couple of special offers in the mix.

I had my eyes on The Banner Saga but the negative reviews made me reconsider it unless it lowers considerably in price.

Only game I got so far is Mark of the Ninja which only costs £1.64 at the moment! Bloody cheap, especially for a game like this so I bought it! =P

I got Metal Slug X a couple of days ago, not had a chance to try it yet. But hey, its Metal Slug, I know I'll be getting quality.

Also, just got Freedom Planet as it is down to £3.29 today. Hope you guys are right about this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Picked up Freedom Planet and Super Meat Boy... probably going to end up double dipping on Freedom Planet once the Wii U version hits.

• Thumbs Up 2

They've already stated that they don't consider returning a game because it's cheaper to be abuse.  It's actually one of the default options when requesting a refund.  As long as you've played less than two hours and have had it less than two weeks, they're pretty happy to let you save a little money.

I'm just waiting on the wii-u version of Freedom planet, and honestly I haven't seen many great deals this year, least on what I'm after, with the exception of Sins of a Solar Empire Retribution(it dropped from $50 I think down to $10) Haven't seen Just Cause 2 drop below 50% off so I've seen better deals on that