Awoo.

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Carbo

Nabbit, Diddy Kong, Rouge and Zazz were all sighted as playable characters.

Damn, you were quick Carbo. 

Looks pretty good so far. I'll buy it.

Zazz is playable.

What.

I wonder why they didn't put Rosalina...

Considering last time we got new playables (in Vancouver) it was 5 to still keep the four different skills balanced out in regards to amount of characters. There's a chance Mario's getting the fifth one here and I could imagine it being Rosalina.

inb4 spike

That picture sure is badass, and the summer games are usually the better ones IMO. I enjoyed the heck out of the last two. This one should be good too. I hope.

huh, I could've sworn it was five. Then again I haven't touched the game or any of the Olympics in forever so... lol, my bad

So this is the "Sonic" we're getting this year? Gat. fucking. dammit.

Also Zazz was revealed but not Rosalina? Odd, didn't catch that. Will rewatch trailer again to see him in action.

Although I don't know why they'd add Nabbit over fucking Rosalina.

Wait, Diddy's playable? Huh. I saw the trailer but I didn't see him lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlsw5FsFNKA&feature=youtu.be&a

Nabbit at 0:13, Zazz at 0:21, Jet at 0:26, Diddy Kong at 0:31, Rouge at 0:37. That's ALREADY more new characters than any previous game, and its uneven, so there's even MORE coming. We've currently got 3 new Sonic characters, so at least 1 more Mario character is coming. Rosalina will definitely be one of them, but maybe, just maybe, we could get Dixie or Rool? Please?

So this is the "Sonic" we're getting this year? Gat. fucking. dammit.

Also Zazz was revealed but not Rosalina? Odd, didn't catch that. Will rewatch trailer again to see him in action.

I can guarantee Rosalina will be in this. Everyone in this thread missed Jet; that means Mario is missing AT LEAST one character. But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do just 6, 8 seems more likely. So we've probably got two new Mario characters, and at least Omega. But since they added Zazz, an incredibly odd choice, along with Rouge and Jet, both who were rivals in past games, maybe Eggman Nega will be here as well.

I mean, I'd argue maybe not Eggman Nega... but then again, he's been in every game since Vancouver as a rival. So it only makes sense to promote him as well. Its possible, though, that Eggman Nega is "irrelevant" (lol) so they'd rather not include him. But at the same time, he's really just a reskin of Eggman. (That could benefit Dry Bowser being added, too.)

it's cuz nabbit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rosalina, obviously

nintendo knows that blue peach rosalina is gutter trash :^)

Or, far more likely, they added both. We just haven't seen Rosalina yet.

Is the Egg Pawn playable as well? No joke, if I were to ever try this game out I'd like to choose to play as one of Eggy's robo minions for once.

gtfo here with that garbo mate.

friggin ruler of the stars over a fookin thief my arse

• Thumbs Up 1

That has to be the worst typo on the internet. XD

Can't wait to see rosalina in short shorts B)

If she is in this game, she is definitely wearing some shorts. Although I can't picture her in the same clothing as daisy and peach tho.

I will honestly be shocked if Rosalina's not playable in this, especially after the past few years.

Anyway, haven't really paid much attention to the M&S games. I didn't even buy the one I played (the first one), just borrowed it I think? Might check this out when it's cheap and/or if the reception to it is at least decent.

Well, here we go again. 

Hopefully they expand the online functionality from last time. I mean, really, four events?

EDIT: And dear God fix that centre mouth on the hedgehog.

I'm definitely buying this now that they finally added new characters.

But, I'm thinking that Zazz could just be a rival. So if that's the case, I think the final playable characters will be:

Rosalina - Technique or All Around

Dry Bowser & Omega - Power

Eggman Nega - Technique

For the existing known characters:

Jet and Nabbit - Speed

Diddy Kong - The only thing that makes sense for him is Speed... I doubt it unless we've got 12 new characters, though (which would basically mean Zazz IS playable), Diddy really fits being Speed better than anything but maybe they gave him All Around.

Rouge - All Around (she really fits this better than anything)

Zazz - Technique (possibly a rival, but I really hope they've done away with rivals; then again, if they keep rivals, I'd rather it be characters like this who aren't as big in the respective franchise)

Anyway, its nice that this game has a larger variety of things to do now. I knew Nintendo would probably need to announce a new Sports title, and this one works just as well.