Awoo.

I need help with Sonic 2!

LindseyWalker

Hi guys, I'm new around here so please don't facepalm if I say something really noobish, I've honestly never played a Sonic game before (I was a Sony gamer in my childhood) and I decided to get Sonic 2 for my Android. Problem is, I'm stuck!

I'm currently on the second level, I think it's Chemical Factory Zone, and I can't get past the second part. There's this section where I need to cross two tiny platforms that move across chemical water and I keep falling and drowning. I'm not sure if I'm finding it difficult because I'm terrible or because the touchscreen controls are giving me grief!

I need some help so I've come here for guidance! I looked online and couldn't find any guides that help with this.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Thumbs Up 2

Those platforms in Chemical Plant Act2 are never easy to jump on and move across because of their speed and the slight slipperiness of Sonic's controls.

You need to anticipate where the two moving platforms will be before jumping onto/moving across them. 

S2MegaMack.png

Of course, as it's the mobile (Stealth & Taxman) version of Sonic 2 you could always use the 'Tails assist' move to fly Sonic over the water (unless you're playing as Sonic alone).

• Thumbs Up 2

Those platforms in Chemical Plant Act2 are never easy to jump on and move across because of their speed and the slight slipperiness of Sonic's controls.

You need to anticipate where the two moving platforms will be before jumping onto/moving across them. 

S2MegaMack.png

Of course, as it's the mobile (Stealth & Taxman) version of Sonic 2 you could always use the 'Tails assist' move to fly Sonic over the water (unless you're playing as Sonic alone).

Hey, that's exacty the spot I'm stuck on! Tails assist move? How do I do that :) ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, that's exacty the spot I'm stuck on! Tails assist move? How do I do that :) ?

• Thumbs Up 2

It's a little tricky to get working.

Basically;

1) Make sure Tails is very close to Sonic (right behind him is ideal).

2) Press jump, Up (on the touch pad) and jump again in quick succession. This will get Tails flying.

3) Now, just jump up to Tails (with Sonic) and Tails will grab hold of Sonic.

4) You will now control Tails (move him left, right and down). If you want Tails to fly higher you will need to keep pressing the jump button repeatedly.

It's a bit fiddly to get to work, but you'll get the hang of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a secret high-up alternative route in Chemical Plant Act2 which allows you to completely avoid crossing the water (where you're stuck).

Take a look at this video:

https://youtu.be/RYF8nNusWOQ?t=120

That..is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. How do people even figure this stuff out?

I did manage to beat the level though, thanks to your tip. The red guy at the end gave me trouble though, I had to restart the level again because I kept dying to the boss.

The game is good but it's bloody hard!

• Thumbs Up 2