Awoo.

Monster Hunter X (Cross)

LunarEdge

Practically MH4U but 10x more dynamic and flashy. I must say even though Mh4U is still pretty young in the states I am pretty pumped for this as well. We probably won't see this in the States or anywhere else until the famous "G" version comes out and we get that right away, but at least I'll have MH4U to hold me over until then. Of course, the game will be releasing solely for 3DS (doesn't say anything about being N3DS exclusive).

During this weekend’s Monster Hunter’s Gathering 2015 event hosted by Capcom, a new title called Monster Hunter X was announced for the Nintendo 3DS. [Thanks, Game Jouhou]

Monster Hunter X is being made using Monster Hunter 4 Ultimates engine, and will have a “flashy action style” similar to the Frontier series. We’ll have more details following the Nintendo Direct tonight.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/31/monster-hunter-x-announced-for-nintendo-3ds/#mm9VixEiwH0ffHBI.99    

• Thumbs Up 3

Good god  need this in my veins NOW (also from the looks of it tonfas are back, yay).

• Thumbs Up 2

I love MH and I fucking love stylish action games from Capcpom but I ain't gonna get hand injuries from trying to play this kind of game on the most unsuitable platform choice that's not a smartphone.

Hopefully with their next system Nintendo unifies consoles and portables and has backwards compat or a 3DS virtual console service. I literally need a proper pad to genuinely enjoy these games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love MH and I fucking love stylish action games from Capcpom but I ain't gonna get hand injuries from trying to play this kind of game on the most unsuitable platform choice that's not a smartphone.

Hopefully with their next system Nintendo unifies consoles and portables and has backwards compat or a 3DS virtual console service. I literally need a proper pad to genuinely enjoy these games.

I'm finding MH4U much easier to play on a N3DS. Camera control can still be an issue with the additional right nub, but it works.....at least for me. I personally like MH being on a portable platform these days. As much as I loved the original MH for ps2 and Tri for the Wii and MH3U for the Wii U, I find MH more enjoyable on the go.....although I did kinda hope MH4U would have a Wii U counterpart that could play with the 3DS version but whatever, I'll live

a bit more information on the game from Siliconera

003_thumb.jpg 001_thumb.jpg

Monster Hunter X is being developed with the concept of having your very own hunt that comes from the two features of “Hunting Maneuvers X Hunting Style”.

065_thumb.jpg  066_thumb.jpg

This time around, the main village of Monster Hunter X is called Verna Village. As you may have seen in the trailer, the game will also feature various villages from past Monster Hunter titles, including Yukumo Village from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.

067_thumb.jpg

The new unknown lands will have new monsters in addition to creatures that are said to be from primeval times.

068_thumb.jpg

While most Monster Hunter games have one flagship monster on the covers, it looks like Monster Hunter X could possibly have four, as the ones shown in the above image are marked as the “four major main monsters”.

049_thumb.jpg  048_thumb.jpg

The above is a look at a couple in-game screenshots of some of the new monsters that actually kind of look like dinosaurs, and a bit of the Verna Village.

050_thumb.jpg 051_thumb.jpg

052_thumb.jpg

As you may have seen in the game’s trailer, Hunters will have access to new special moves and actions that look pretty flashy. Capcom say that these features will be the main attraction of Monster Hunter X.

053_thumb.jpg  054_thumb.jpg

“Hunting Maneuvers” are special moves that range from being able to perform a powerful attack to a monster, to providing yourself with enhancements or buffs, and healing other nearby Hunters.

055_thumb.jpg  056_thumb.jpg

“Hunting Style” is another feature that Monster Hunter X is adding to the game, that lets you turn moments of danger into stylish actions. This feature plays a big part in letting players Hunt with their very own style.

057_thumb.jpg  058_thumb.jpg

059_thumb.jpg  060_thumb.jpg

Finally, above is another look at the four main monsters. Each one will have their own unique characteristics and habits, so they’ll be something worth studying for future Hunters of the game as more information becomes available.

Monster Hunter X will release in Japan in Winter 2015 for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Monster Hunter X & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/01/monster-hunter-x-will-be-all-about-hunting-maneuvers-and-style/#auzSRqG0mKSuoKDs.99

Spoiler for high volume of images

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the images but that text is so vague i still have little to no idea what the hunting maneuver/style things actually are.

I guess maneuvers are like active skills/spells? And the style things seem like context sensitive actions (probably what that huge greatsword slash after getting flipped was in the trailer)

man are there even enough buttons on the 3ds for this game? my hands ache in anticipation of playing another 100+hrs

• Thumbs Up 1

A new video, not officially released by Capcom (The video that is) but it gives a ton of information about the hunting "styles," Skills and etc.

Some bullets from the video:

*4 new Monsters

- Flagship Monster #1, really long body with sword shaped tail which can be sharpened in his                           mouth. The sword changes color and characteristics depending on how it's sharpened.

- Flagship Monster #2, Thunder/Lightning element(?) Monster. Can also bite his tail to change                           characteristics of tail attacks

- Flagship #3, on the bigger side, resembles an elephant. Can jump at you, break the ground, etc. 

- Flagship #4, Supposedly elegant and has the water element.

*14 Weapons

*Super Skills - Each weapon has a super skill (or a set of super skills?) and you choose which skill (if there's multiple) before leaving on a quest

*Hunting Styles - 4 major Hunting Styles, that all weapons can choose from.

- Aerial Style

- "Legacy" style, kinda like a retro style of hunting, like in previous MH titles

- "Ultra Skill Style," buffs the super skill you choose to a great degree.

- "Comeback Style," kinda gives you a buff depending on the situation you're in, mainly when                               you're in a pinch.

*Supportive Felynes are back

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The article also confirms Macross Delta stuff... Which will likely not survive the localization process (well, if this game gets localized at all) due to Harmony Gold being shitheads.

• 3 months later...