Awoo.

Nintendo Direct Megathread

Brad

inb4 Retro's project is a 3D DK platformer. I do think a new Metroid game (a REAL one) is in development, but its not Retro and its probably a 2D Metroid game. Maybe on Wii U.

I could really use a new 2D Metroid, so color me interested. They could make a mighty beautiful one these days -  all hand drawn backgrounds, lovely smooth animated sprite work. Good god it'd be glorious.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could really use a new 2D Metroid, so color me interested. They could make a mighty beautiful one these days -  all hand drawn backgrounds, lovely smooth animated sprite work. Good god it'd be glorious.

I wasn't think of it like that, though. My thought is it'd be 2.5D, not hand drawn or sprites. It'd be in 3D, but its a sidescrolling Metroid game instead of having full 3D movements and everything. Whether its on Wii U or 3DS I think it'd probably be 2.5D.

I mean, having a hand drawn one with sprites again isn't a bad idea, but I don't see it happening.

My Wishlist:

- Smash DLC

- Rhythm Paradise 3DS Localization

- Some surprises

Pretty self-explanatory: I want more Smash chars, I really want Rhythm Heaven/Paradise to be localized, but other than that, I really don't care for anything else specific, so some surprises would be nice. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I could so go for a Rhythm Paradise on my 3DS, like, right now even.

I do hope we'll get Smash news, though it feels a bit expected with all the rumors weeks ago.

I won't hold my breath for any new game announcements, I'll be fine with everything so far.

Things I'm hoping for:

• Rhythm Heaven The Best Plus and Style Savvy 3 getting locaized
  • Twilight Princess HD and Pikmin 4 as for new games go
  • Smash DLC
  • amiibos, maybe getting our first look at Lucas, Roy and Ryu?

Might as well post my predictions/wishlist too:

*Smash Bros. next DLC

*Mario Kart 8 next DLC

*Hyrule Warriors news

*Pikmin 4 announcement

*Twilight Princess HD announcement

*Mario & Luigi Paper Jam news

*Star Fox Zero news

*Next Retro game announcement (hoping it's something different from DK)

*Next official Pokémon game announcement (Z?)

*Pokkén Tournament news

*In general, more Virtual Console releases for both the WiiU and the 3DS

*Baten Kaitos + Baten Kaitos Origins 3DS re-release announcement (you can tell this is just a little utopia of mine, lol)

*Monster Hunter X news

*Lost Reavers news

*Bravely Second news

*Dragon Quest VII and VIII localization announcement (Theathrythm Dragon Quest would be nice too)

*Project X Zone 2 last news before the japanese release date

*Sonic Boom Fire & Ice news (?)

*New third part title announcement

• Thumbs Up 1

Man 2D or 3D, I don't care; I just want to see another Metroid (that doesn't look anything like Other M).

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm hoping for a surprise or two. Not expecting any HUGE surprises mind you, but some more stuff to look forward to at least.

My wishlist:

• Some information on future Mario Maker updates and/or DLC. Slopes if we're really lucky; I'm expecting new level themes at some point, at least, but I dunno if this will be announced in this particular Direct. Who knows.
  • A bit of Xenoblade X footage. We've been getting some previews lately so it wouldn't really be the first time hearing / seeing the complete localization, but I want the game to do at least decently, so of course I want it to make an appearance in this Direct.
  • Twilight Princess HD. This one's probably guaranteed given all the stuff going around lately, but I'm bringing it up because I'm really eager to see how it looks, if it is indeed going to be a thing.
  • I want Sakurai to show up and give a very disappointed look at the camera for about 10 seconds. Smash Bros. is not even mentioned otherwise.
  • Iwata tribute of some kind? I'm thinking either at the beginning or end of the presentation.
  • Mother 3 localized on Wii U and 3DS VC

I'm hoping for a surprise or two. Not expecting any HUGE surprises mind you, but some more stuff to look forward to at least.

My wishlist:

• Some information on future Mario Maker updates and/or DLC. Slopes if we're really lucky; I'm expecting new level themes at some point, at least, but I dunno if this will be announced in this particular Direct. Who knows.
  • A bit of Xenoblade X footage. We've been getting some previews lately so it wouldn't really be the first time hearing / seeing the complete localization, but I want the game to do at least decently, so of course I want it to make an appearance in this Direct.
  • Twilight Princess HD. This one's probably guaranteed given all the stuff going around lately, but I'm bringing it up because I'm really eager to see how it looks, if it is indeed going to be a thing.
  • I want Sakurai to show up and give a very disappointed look at the camera for about 10 seconds. Smash Bros. is not even mentioned otherwise.
  • Iwata tribute of some kind? I'm thinking either at the beginning or end of the presentation.
  • Mother 3 localized on Wii U and 3DS VC

I can see one or two surprises, but for the most part I think it'll just be DLC and quick trailers for games we know a lot about.

Might as well post my predictions/wishlist too:

*Next Retro game announcement (hoping it's something different from DK)

This is why I don't think Retro's game will be announced yet. I honestly do believe its another DK game, but a 3D DK one (they expressed interest in doing a 3D DK game, and noted they had more ideas for future DK titles). I also think someone else is working on a 2D Metroid game and I think that would get announced first (if its in development).

I don't think Retro is working on a new IP and we know they're not working on Metroid. I also don't think we'll see an F-Zero anytime soon, so I'm pretty sure they're probably working on another DK game. But I think its probably a 3D one, since it'd be something new and fresh, we haven't had a 3D DK game since DK64 and that game is, well... a mixed bag.

My wish list :

1. Pokemon Z 

2. Pokemon Go News

3. Smash DLC

Pokemon Go won't be in the Direct because this Direct won't cover Mobile.

Pokemon Go won't be in the Direct because this Direct won't cover Mobile.

Well that blows. I'm really anxious to see more info on that title.

What if they give us more information about Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games in the next Nintendo Direct 2 days later? People are curious about using amiibos in that game.

And because I have nothing better to do:

4jmMWYY.jpg

I think there'll be some more stuff, like some VC news and maybe a (minor) Zelda U update, but I didn't have enough predictions for a 5x5 board :X

Edited by Marcello
  • Thumbs Up 2

I gather that the presenter for the Japanese Direct will be Mr. Morimoto, who's presented a Direct before - so that answers that line of speculation.  Sadly, it looks like he's not, as I initially assumed, the same as the Shigeki Morimoto who works for GameFreak, so there goes that line of speculation.

As regards Pokemon Z, my research suggests that it's too late for them to announce it if they're aiming for the speculated anniversary February release date, but if they're pitching for spring or early summer, it could still happen.

Edited by FFWF

What if they give us more information about Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games in the next Nintendo Direct 2 days later? People are curious about using amiibos in that game.

Ah, right. I totally forgot about that one. Yeah, now is definitely time to see more info on it. If nothing else, more characters and dream events. This Direct (according to the Japanese Direct page) will focus mostly on things coming before Spring. That doesn't mean we can't have anything after, but pre-Spring releases are the focus. And Mario & Sonic is set for that pre-Spring release. So yeah, that's definitely something likely to get more info about it.

In how many hours does it start, so i know if i can see it?

Its 4 PM CST (my time zone) Thursday November 12th... Right now its 10 AM CST Wednesday November 11th, so that makes it 30 hours from now approximately. Hope I got that right.

Hoping to see...

Anything about Star Fox Zero!

Twilight Princess HD announced!

New Smash U characters!

Zelda U info & updates!

That's about it, really. c:

In other news, Minecraft has been leaked to come out on Wii U tomorrow (Not Story Mode). Maybe it was supposed to be a surprise for the Direct?

We'll wait and see.

PEGI is currently having server issues so I can't confirm this myself rn