Awoo.

Nintendo Direct Megathread

Brad

I'm fine with this, but if it's ok with the opener of that thread, could you merge todays direct with this thread so there is no confusion?

copying over my recap from the mini-direct thread

Project Treasure trailer, which wasn't included in the western direct, but mentioned
https://youtu.be/33YZXx9qKxU
overall recap:
Bravely second coming west
Pokemon mystery dungeon coming this winter, you can recruit any and every pokemon that exists
new chibi robo
Dr Mario Miracle cure
NES Zapper and new map release for splatoon
Custom Robo knockoff game that has an anime and toys is coming west this winter on 3DS

Project treasure again looks like it could be interesting, original trailer implied that you could play as characters from various Namco-Bandai Ips

Interesting that the Animal Crossing amiibo cards were shown off in the Japanese Direct but not in this one. There is already a lot of backlash coming from it though, being in 3-Card blind packs and there are 100 cards total if I re-call.

Also, I dunno why but that Chibi-Robo game looks rather mediocre. "Chibi-Robo Shattered Crystal" anyone? No? Just me? Ok.

I can just imagine the people who made the game... They know the game looks average and mediocre so the only way to get people to buy it is to slap an amiibo to be bundled exclusively with the game.

That being said, I want the amiibo so their plan worked.

I'm actually reaaaaally hyped for the new Chibi Robo, will prolly snag the amiibo with it as well, <3. The Treasure game thing looks interesting I guess, and Bravely Second kinda makes me want to finally give the first one a go since I've been procrastinating its purchase. The rest really isn't in my focus of interest but still cool to see *shrugs*

I'm a little tardy to the party, but yes! Art Academy: Home Studio! Final -- freaking -ly! Sketchpad is nice and all, but I've been waiting for the full authentic Art Academy experience, and wanted it so badly that I went back to my copy of Art Academy Lessons for Everyone to enjoy it! Also, being able to share progress videos on Youtube is awesome too! Good to know that I'll get a 4 dollar discount since I already have sketchpad.

It's great that we finally saw finally saw Project Treasure.That looks like a fun free-to-play game to play with some buddies. I know a lot of people who are looking forward to it, so I'll definitely pick it up.

I'm also planning on getting Mario and Sonic and the Rio Olympics 2016, but I'm cautious. I doubt it will feel as shallow as Sochi, but I just hope that it will provide me with an experience that kept me coming back as much as Vancouver did. The extra characters -- which is about time -- is awesome, so that makes me feel a bit more willing. Plus, god that music! The series always had an amazing soundtrack, and just from that snippet of the main theme, I can tell lightning is ready to strike for the 5th time in the row. 

The chibi-robo side-scroller looks nice, but seems like a 180 from what Chibi-robo normally is. Not that this is a bad thing. Since it still looks like a fun game that still uses Chibi-robo's plug. I need to see more before I bite though.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

Darn, just my luck, it's on my Birthday, but I'll have to watch it later because I won't have my internet hooked up till 3-5 :(. On the other hand it's because I'm spending my Winter hopefully working at a Ski Resort at an old family place that only gets internet when someones staying there long term.

Oh and for goodness sake, please please, please let there be Ballot news! and perhaps TPHD! and King K.Rool

Thank goodness.  We've been going stir-crazy.  Now, we can... go stir-crazy feverishly speculating on the contents of the upcoming Direct and projecting every single one of our most dreamed-of fantasies upon it.  (They're announcing a new Golden Sun, right?!)

Also: Apparently Satoru Shibata will be back hosting the European Direct!

So, some highlights to possibly see:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U DLC

Super Smash Bros. Amiibo DLC Wave

Splatoon Octolings Release

MAYBE Mario Kart 8 DLC

Super Mario Maker Mystery Mushroom Costumes (probably not a new update yet)

Launch trailers for Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

Maybe Super Mario Amiibo Wave 2

Roundup trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, NA release date (probably pushed back a few months, not necessarily to December though; probably no later than February)

SMT X FE trailer, western final title confirmed, maybe western release date

Star Fox Zero trailer, maybe confirmation of Star Wolf or perhaps even multiplayer if they want to add that in now

Hyrule Warriors Legends trailer; new character(s) and maybe stages, but more notable the western release date.

Zelda Wii U trailer, maybe a title (this is iffy, but I'm sure it'll be in it this time)

Twilight Princess HD if its a thing

Zelda Amiibo possibly hinted?

Pikmin 4 official reveal

Project Guard trailer and release date (download only of course)

Pokken Tournament

Pokemon Amiibo possibly hinted?

Tons of VC announced

Some Nindies

The only "new" game I expect to see is Pikmin 4, and yes I fully anticipate it being a Wii U release.

Edited by JaidynReiman
  • Thumbs Up 2

A little fun tidbit to remember, this will be Wii-u and 3DS only, as the ND page says http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-12-2015/

Please note that the presentation will not feature any updates on NX and mobile

Which also means the 4chan leak is dead, because it mentioned miimoto.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see TPHD release next month, it'd be hype enough, and retailers only need a month to put in orders, or it could be a NES Remix sorta deal

Edited by Mando-Whirl-Wind

FINALLY.

4JyoCi8.gif

Bring on the bombs, Kimishima. (I really do hope they have some bombs lined up...another Direct like the E3 one this year, with a major focus on games we already no about and new games being spinoff filler...would be massively disappointing.)

As for the 4chan leak, I was initially suggesting not to write off the rumor because it got one thing (Miitomo) wrong. A lot of the information given sounds pretty plausible. At worst, it's probably a lot of extremely lucky guesses that a third or half of which will come true.

Then the rumor mentioned a 3DS port of F-Zero GX.....lol.

F-Zero getting anything new these days --let alone a port-- seems like a pipe dream... :[

FINALLY.

4JyoCi8.gif

Bring on the bombs, Kimishima. (I really do hope they have some bombs lined up...another Direct like the E3 one this year, with a major focus on games we already no about and new games being spinoff filler...would be massively disappointing.)

As for the 4chan leak, I was initially suggesting not to write off the rumor because it got one thing (Miitomo) wrong. A lot of the information given sounds pretty plausible. At worst, it's probably a lot of extremely lucky guesses that a third or half of which will come true.

Then the rumor mentioned a 3DS port of F-Zero GX.....lol.

F-Zero getting anything new these days --let alone a port-- seems like a pipe dream... :[

X, not GX, X is the N64 one

22:00 GMT?! Thank goodness I don't have school on Friday, otherwise I'd miss it. Pretty excited to see what they have in store for us. I don't expect any new game announcements... except maybe Pokemon Z. Please. I need that game now. For the most part though, I think we'll just get info on upcoming games we know about. Mario & Luigi for sure. Hoping for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem as well. Also Xenoblade Chronicles X. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Beyond excited for more Paper Jam news (Gimme dat NA release date, Ninty!) and possibly a Smash DLC announcement. Also any other little surprises they might squeeze in there.

• Thumbs Up 1

22:00 GMT?! Thank goodness I don't have school on Friday, otherwise I'd miss it. Pretty excited to see what they have in store for us. I don't expect any new game announcements... except maybe Pokemon Z. Please. I need that game now. For the most part though, I think we'll just get info on upcoming games we know about. Mario & Luigi for sure. Hoping for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem as well. Also Xenoblade Chronicles X. 

Agreed. I don't expect anything new. Closest is probably Pikmin 4, which has technically been announced. I think its POSSIBLE we could get a new game announced, but iffy. And even then it'd only be one.

Most I'm expecting is some more info on Xenoblade X, but nothing we don't already know about or that isn't being covered in the Survival Guides. Perhaps a new trailer featuring the dub. Maybe an announcement that more Collector's Editions will be stocked by the time of release? That's about it.

Other than that, maybe some Smash news, some digital announcements (indie games, VC/Wii games, etc.) and some plans for post-holiday releases.

Honestly, the only thing I actually want to see is a tribute to Iwata, because there's not much else I need to see that I'm not already planning on buying.

Edited by Zaysho

It's likely mainly gonna be the games that are coming out early next year as well as holiday titles like Bravely Second and Xenoblade X, perhaps info on the Smash Ballot and that supposed Twilight Princess HD game?......which I do pray that includes Fire Emblem Fates, I don't want to wait a full year after the Japan release for this game.

Here's my wish list. Part crushing reality, part pie in the sky wondrous epicosity, as usual I'm hoping for far more than Nintendo will deliver:

• Commemorative In Memoriam Satoru Iwata Amiibo. Looks propa nawty.

• Stuff about games I'm not interested in - Xenoblade, StarFox, all that. Whatever. Takes up the bulk of the ND's time.

• Pikmin 4 reveal. Cool I guess? I dunno, I'm not feeling it this time. I've still got the Iwata sads. :(

• Letting us know that we'll see Zelda U in a big way very soon - but in the meantime, Twilight Princess HD! A little trailer is released, showcasing some of the improvements and a side-by-side comparison for good measure. Glory be to our Nintendian overlords, the time of good cheer is upon us again.

• Retro Studios logo and teaser. They're making what?

• Non-Specific Action Figure and Mecha-Reggie team up with Muppet Nintendo Executive Team to form the cast of a new parody game that pokes fun at all things Nintendo (and anyone else who'll let them). Everyone loves it and Wii U sales skyrocket.

We need something, anything to get excited about, and for me that's probably Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero or a new IP. Or a partnership with a third party publisher that doesn't suck and doesn't fall through.

Edited by Patticus

Here's my wish list. Part crushing reality, part pie in the sky wondrous epicosity, as usual I'm hoping for far more than Nintendo will deliver:

• Commemorative In Memoriam Satoru Iwata Amiibo. Looks propa nawty.

• Stuff about games I'm not interested in - Xenoblade, StarFox, all that. Whatever. Takes up the bulk of the ND's time.

• Pikmin 4 reveal. Cool I guess? I dunno, I'm not feeling it this time. I've still got the Iwata sads. :(

• Letting us know that we'll see Zelda U in a big way very soon - but in the meantime, Twilight Princess HD! A little trailer is released, showcasing some of the improvements and a side-by-side comparison for good measure. Glory be to our Nintendian overlords, the time of good cheer is upon us again.

• Retro Studios logo and teaser. They're making what?

• Non-Specific Action Figure and Mecha-Reggie team up with Muppet Nintendo Executive Team to form the cast of a new parody game that pokes fun at all things Nintendo (and anyone else who'll let them). Everyone loves it and Wii U sales skyrocket.

We need something, anything to get excited about, and for me that's probably Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero or a new IP. Or a partnership with a third party publisher that doesn't suck and doesn't fall through.

inb4 Retro's project is a 3D DK platformer. I do think a new Metroid game (a REAL one) is in development, but its not Retro and its probably a 2D Metroid game. Maybe on Wii U.

I'll be missing the first ten minutes at least for sure. I'll be returning from an engagement at that time. Hopefully the super juicy stuff (if there is any, mind) will be near the end anyway. 

Yay! A Nintendo Direct! Here's hoping I can see it live!

Of course, as an amiibo nut, I want to see new figures!