Awoo.

Nintendo Direct Megathread

Brad

Notch is gonna be rolling in his grave and I'll be sure to buy that version just to piss him off

Why? Did he specifically say that he didnt' want to see his game ported on gaming consoles? I know he leaved Mojang after the Microsoft buyout.

Why? Did he specifically say that he didnt' want to see his game ported on gaming consoles? I know he leaved Mojang after the Microsoft buyout.

He left Mojang after the Microsoft buyout. Before that he was still with Mojang when they ported it to X-Box 360 and they were working on the PS3 version (maybe even PS4) when the buyout happened. Its entirely possible they were discussing Wii U even before the buyout as well.

But yeah, Minecraft Wii U was probably planned to be announced tonight (I almost said tomorrow; I forgot that its already Thursday now lol).

Anyway, Sakurai retweeted the Direct. Whether he retweeted or not I expected Smash info, but this basically confirms it.

• Thumbs Up 1

He left Mojang after the Microsoft buyout. Before that he was still with Mojang when they ported it to X-Box 360 and they were working on the PS3 version (maybe even PS4) when the buyout happened. Its entirely possible they were discussing Wii U even before the buyout as well.

But yeah, Minecraft Wii U was probably planned to be announced tonight (I almost said tomorrow; I forgot that its already Thursday now lol).

Anyway, Sakurai retweeted the Direct. Whether he retweeted or not I expected Smash info, but this basically confirms it.

Sakurai has tweeted: "I'll be waking up early tommorow"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sab_Mas/status/664733409537757184?p=v

• Thumbs Up 1

Well about time a Wii U version of Minecraft comes out, would be neat if the Wii U version had a character skin maker to utilise the gamepad.

Though it would've been a nice surprise ( and now I regret entering the thread seeing this), I hope there are other surprises related to it, though regardless, there
will probably be plenty of good stuff to see besides that, so whatever.

Sakurai has tweeted: "I'll be waking up early tommorow"

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sab_Mas/status/664733409537757184?p=v

That basically confirms it, yeah. He'll be waking up "early" to see fan reactions to the reveals lol.

Oh Minecraft for the Wii U is speculated? I'd be hoping for a 3DS version too! c:

Speculated? Its confirmed by PEGI. There's no speculation here. Its coming and its release date is set to be tonight on the PEGI website. Most likely it'd be a global release.

3DS probably won't happen because its way too weak to be able to handle it. It'd have to be Minecraft "Lite" if anything.

Well about time a Wii U version of Minecraft comes out, would be neat if the Wii U version had a character skin maker to utilise the gamepad.

Character skin maker? That could be cool...

Speaking of character skins, though, I can totally see Amiibo being used to unlock skins. Although I do think they'd also be sold separately if you don't want to have to use the Amiibo.

I can also see them doing Nintendo collabs like they did with Skyrim when you get a recretion of the game world in Minecraft. Hyrule from Ocarina of Time or Super Mario 64 worlds or Delphino Island anyone?

• Thumbs Up 1

I can also see them doing Nintendo collabs like they did with Skyrim when you get a recretion of the game world in Minecraft. Hyrule from Ocarina of Time or Super Mario 64 worlds or Delphino Island anyone?

Oh yeah I can totally see that happening. Nintendo Mashup packs with Mario, Zelda, DK, Metroid, Kirby, Animal Crossing (trust me Pokemon won't happen lol) assets.

Notch does not like the Wii U at all.

If JWittz is involved, there must be something important that's Pokémon related.

As for Jirard, i have no clue in particular.

Reaaaaaaally hoping they don't waste a direct slot on Akysys's new localization endeavor.phoenix-sweating(a).gifDamn,  does that game look awful. 

Edited by Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon

You mean the new Langrisser? I mean, chibi art style aside, it doesn't look that awful.

Nein, comrade. I'm referring to Langrisser Re:Incarnation Tensei which isn't looking fun to play nor easy on the eyes. 

Not that this is 2001 anymore, but regional differences and fixes are things that can happen.

Also, nothing AkSys has ported has ever been on a Direct and I don't see it happening unless it's Zero Time Dilemma.

Edited by Kyoko Kirigiri

Not that this is 2001 anymore, but regional differences and fixes are things that can happen.

Eh? What do lackluster graphics  and unsatisfactory  gameplay have to do with regional fixes and differences?

Eh? What do lackluster graphics  and unsatisfactory  gameplay have to do with regional fixes and differences?

...they can fix the game in the port over to this region?

...they can fix the game in the port over to this region?

Huh,  I guess it's been so long since I've encountered a localization port that actually does that. Here's hoping,  I guess. 

I'm being careful not to hype up this Direct more than necessary, as I know over-hyping something always will lead to disappointment.

But at the very least, I can expect Smash Bros. news, Pokemon news, and maybe Twilight Princess HD. Of course, things that I don't care about but seem likely are things like Minecraft Wii U, and maybe Mario & Sonic at Rio or Sonic Boom Fire & Ice. Either way, it should be interesting to see they handle the first direct since Iwata's death- it's definitely going to be different, for better or worse.

I know one thing we'll expect: Trolls and spammers who think they're funny on Twitch's chat. I'll just stick to the Nintendo Direct on Nintendo's site and Youtube, thank you very much.

Announces Pokemon Picross...

"Oh... I was hoping for something else…"

Announces Digital Rerelease of Gen 1 Pokemon Games

"…didn't see that coming.''