Awoo.

What song would you like to hear an orchestrated version of?

speedhog58

I think we can all agree that the orchestral final boss themes in Sonic games are FRIKKIN AMAZING! Hard to believe they've been gone for so long huh?  :wacko:

If you could pick any song from Sonic's vast musical library; what songs would you give the orchestral treatment?

Here's my picks!  :D

It doesn't matter (sa2)

Seven rings in hand (secret rings)

Cool edge- day (unleashed)

The fastest thing alive (satAM)

Really sorry, my computer was acting up when I posted this! Could somebody lock the two copies that came before this one? ^^;

If I could make the call, it'd be this one:

I would really love to hear how this would sound coming from a string section, honestly. Just about any S3&K song would do in this scenario, but if I had to choose between the songs on that soundtrack it'd be an easy choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

I Am... All of Me (Shadow the Hedgehog)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kTBbTSjZpI

I always love hearing what music from one genera sounds like when it's converted into another and metal to orchestral (and vice versa) is one transition I especially like to hear. Hell why not throw What I'm Made Of in there while we're at it. 

With Me (Sonic and the Black Knight)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIW7PkfAgv4

C'mon this one's just begging for an orchestrated version.

WARNING: This last one is going to be a bit strange. Don't get caught off guard.

Event: Strategy (Sonic Adventure 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOGGrgJvRW0

Told ya this was gonna come out of left field. Yes, I want, nay, I need an orchestral version of this for whenever I'm planning something especially epic.

Chaos Angel from Sonic Advanced 3.

All three acts, though my personal favourite is Act 1.

There are numerous others that I'd like to hear properly rearranged and orchestrated. Unfortunately none of them spring to mind at this immediate moment.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want an entire medley of every vocal Sonic song done with an orchestra.

Definitely too much to ask, but it'll be glorious to my eardrums!   

Chaos Angel from Sonic Advanced 3.

All three acts, though my personal favourite is Act 1.

I second this!

Also, I'm going to be lame and choose Ice Cap Zone. I know there are numerous orchestral versions of this song that exist already by fans, but I'm assuming this topic is for something theoretically being in an official game. Yeah, it's the overly-popular song that I'm sure a lot of people are sick of hearing by now, but I just love that melody so much.

Conversely, I would like non-orchestral (rock) versions of Wonder World and the RoL theme, with lyrics. It's weird we haven't got full lyrical versions of two theme songs in a row. Even the handhelds used to have lyrical themes near the end of their lifespan ("A New Venture" and "Race to Win") so why not these ones? 

I'd also like an orchestral Stardust Speedway Bad Future U.S.