Awoo.

Tales of Berseria (New Tales game, PS3/PS4) "It's like Vesperia... but with bears. Or berserkers."

Teoskaven

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1381

The next Tales of title has been announced at the Tales of Festival. Some weeks ago, Bamco had registered several domains for the titles (as usual) and this time around the chosen name was Berseria (personally i found it ech-worthy). Not much else has been revealed, but it's a start.

Informations so far:

*The game will come out on both PS3 and PS4.

*The main character this time around will be a girl called Velvet, voiced by Rina Satou.

*Velvet shares her appearence with Agria from Xillia; she's a pirate, so that implies a lot of pirate themes/action.

No screenshots so far, nor news for the western version.

-inb4, people hoping this will not be broken as Zestiria-

EDIT: Here are some screens from the event:

tales-1-350.jpeg

tales-2-350.jpeg

I honestly like her design. Hopefully she will not be too much ax-crazy.

• Thumbs Up 2

That was...quick. I mean the west doesn't even have Zesteria yet. Well I'm glad that it's coming to the PS4 so now they really have no excuse for technical difficulties, it's not like it's going to be a graphically intensive game.

In any case, more PS4 JRPGs so hooray.

I'm a bit wary of the quality of this game. It seems too close to Zesteria. Namco might be trying to sweep that game under the rug but I'm worried this game will be even more rushed than usual for Tales. We usually get a spin off or remake or something to fill the gap between releases. D:

Yeah I hope this isn't yet another rushed game, I also hope the combat is simple again like at least Vesperia style simple, all of those extra stuff they've been putting in these games like the sidestep stuff and infinite, rechargable TP just seems overpowering. The games past Vesperia haven't been really giving a real challenge.

But kudos! Finally a female lead character! She better not be sharing the main lead with a male character through, let her stand on her own this time.

Oh yeah, they better not try to advertise false things into this like they done with Alisa in Zeseria, I would hope they learn their lesson, also stick to ONE artist, I like Imouto and Fuji, but not when their styles are clashing.

EDIT: Crap, both artist are listed on the official website.

This sounds interesting (I really like the main characters design already too) but man i'm really hoping this isn't another rushed game like the ones before it, the series could really use something good after the last few that came out (not counting hearts R).

And here's the official logo of the game:

tobbig-610x189.png

Looks... very fitting for the female protagonist.

Wouldn't be surprised if Zestria doesn't even come out over here in a attempt to sweep it under the rug. 

Either way I hope this is better then that game, it would really suck for me to get into Tales Of right as it started sucking...

Also from the pictures that design seems kind of fanservice-y which I'm iffy about. 

So just how widespread is the Zestiria backlash? Is it just widely accepted as a terrible game now or what? ...Is this mostly because of the Alicia thing? :U

But yeah, that character looks neat. Still planning on going into Zestiria with an open mind, and I'll probably do the same for this one as well. Also:

TGdo9DO.png

Teddie sends his regards.

• Thumbs Up 3

So just how widespread is the Zestiria backlash? Is it just widely accepted as a terrible game now or what? ...Is this mostly because of the Alicia thing? :U

But yeah, that character looks neat. Still planning on going into Zestiria with an open mind, and I'll probably do the same for this one as well. Also:

TGdo9DO.png

Generally the reasons for Zestria being seen as terrible is the battle system being unrefined with many issues such as a really terrible camera (not to mention it not being like Graces which they promised), and a lot of important content being DLC such as Alicia, yes.

Yep, the battle system and also Alisha, who they hyped up the most in the early stages of the game and other promotional material, a lot of people thought she was the main character or at least the main female and they loved her design, but it was all a lie.

TGdo9DO.png

Just looking at this lady gives me as much edge as Shadow the Hedgehog.

Can't wait to see how she acts, hopefully not too emo or too batshit crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

>underboob

Eh, after Sheena this isn't too bad. She's got a pretty cool design! That pirate ship was cool but I hope we won't have to sail it manually. I can't stand sailing unless it's in WWHD.

Eh, at least the general artstyle looks like its going to be better than what we've been getting so thats something (also I actually kind of like velvets design though I do have to admit the exposed part is pretty dumb).

I really like the look of this game and also Velvet's design. I can't wait to see gameplay action here. Just hoping it'll be better than Zestiria...

• 5 months later...

New trailer:

Also, a couple of more news.

Seems to me that the main conflict of the game will be asking how much humanity the people that turn into werewolves have or something.

And yes, Velvet has literally Nero's Devil Bringer from Devil May Cry 4. Go figure.

Looks interesting so far.

Wait, what? Does that SERIOUSLY say 2016?

Goddamnit. Can't they space the damn games out so each one can get its full attention? Seriously, Namco...

Looks interesting so far.

Wait, what? Does that SERIOUSLY say 2016?

Goddamnit. Can't they space the damn games out so each one can get its full attention? Seriously, Namco...

It was announced all the way back when zestiria was coming out so i'm assuming this ones had more time to be developed so hopefully namco is actually trying to make sure this game is as complete as it can be this time instead of trying to rush it out. 

It was announced all the way back when zestiria was coming out so i'm assuming this ones had more time to be developed so hopefully namco is actually trying to make sure this game is as complete as it can be this time instead of trying to rush it out. 

"all the way back" was six months ago. They've been working on this game at the same time as Zestiria, which some people already thought felt a bit rushed. I did start it and I'm enjoying it so far, though.

Don't kid yourself. Once they finished Zestiria they started the next game as well. I'm sure its going to still be good, but I wish they'd not try and have a new game out every single year and instead focus on making each game great.

"all the way back" was six months ago. They've been working on this game at the same time as Zestiria, which some people already thought felt a bit rushed. I did start it and I'm enjoying it so far, though.

Don't kid yourself. Once they finished Zestiria they started the next game as well. I'm sure its going to still be good, but I wish they'd not try and have a new game out every single year and instead focus on making each game great.

Yeah, for some reason I thought this was announced back in 2014 when zestiria came out in japan and I gotta admit, as much as i'm hoping namco really will make a come back with this game I sorta doubt it.

Yeah, for some reason I thought this was announced back in 2014 when zestiria came out in japan and I gotta admit, as much as i'm hoping namco really will make a come back with this game I sorta doubt it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Zestiria

Tales of Zestiria released in January. Granted, this will probably release in November or something, so its almost two years I guess...