North America

Japan

YouTube Channel (streams are commonly hosted there also):

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo

When does it air?

June 16th, 2015 at:

9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 4PM GMT

Confirmed to appear:

Games very likely to appear in some form (mostly due to them not being out yet):

• Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) (not out in the west yet)
  • Devil's Third (Wii U)
  • Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (Wii U) (nicknamed title, it has a final title in Japan called 幻影異聞録シャープエフイー or "Revelation of the Illusion ♯FE")
  • Fire Emblem (3DS) (called Fire Emblem if in Japan)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Wii U and 3DS)
  • Yo-kai Watch (3DS)
  • LBX: Little Battlers eXperience (3DS)
  • Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash (3DS)
  • Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS)
  • Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
  • Fatal Frame (Wii U) (possible title will be Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven)

What WON'T be there:

What may or may not appear (rumored, just being semi-expected, etc):

• Paper Mario (specifically on Wii U)
  • Retro Studios' next game
  • Next Level Games' next game
  • Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U)
  • Metroid
  • Pokken Tournament (Wii U)
  • New IP
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) DLC
  • New GC/Wii remaster/remake for Wii U la LoZ The Wind Waker HD
  • New major lost 3rd-party game now Wii U-exclusive ala Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third
  • Sonic

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic DLC for Mario Kart? Yes, I agree that would be cool.

:^)

My personal hope is that we see a new game that isn't an RPG or a strategy game. Splatoon is great, so let's see more of that sort of thing. I know we'll see the new StarFox, Yoshi etc, and I'm looking forward to them too, but hey, maybe Retro will give us a clue as to its next project?

I've more or less given up on Metroid for this gen, and F-Zero seems to be being incorporated into the Mario Kart series (I just want a GX remake/update...), which leaves Zelda (a no show this year) and little else. Maybe they'll give us a new Wave Race, or 1080 Snowboarding? Excite Vehicle? Or are they going to be swallowed up by the MK behemoth, too? :( Some news regarding VC updates would be nice too, I just want my Sonic there.

I want another platformer game for the 3ds be it Mario , Wario or Dk. I've spent the first half of the year playing puzzle game like Mario vs Dk tipping stars and Puzzle and Dragons z + Mario edition. And I'm planning to buy Dr.Mario miracle cure

Really hoping we finally get to see what Next Level Games and especially Retro have been working on. Please please pleaaaaase be new Metroid...

Of course it's always nice to see some new big IP's as well, something like Splatoon last year.

I heard that Hyrule Warriors was a massive success for Koei Tecmo.  I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo announces that a follow up is on the way.

I'm really hoping we get wind of a new Metroid though.

I need to make a bingo card...

Don't know what to hope for since all I want is already on its way..

Confirmation on Ryu for Sm4sh would be awesome

I heard that Hyrule Warriors was a massive success for Koei Tecmo.  I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo announces that a follow up is on the way.

I'm really hoping we get wind of a new Metroid though.

I doubt a followup right now, but perhaps another Nintendo Warriors spinoff (best-case scenario for Hyrule Warriors would be an expansion pack that's bigger than the previous DLC packs, but still not a full direct sequel).

I don't think Metroid, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, or Paper Mario are happening. Metroid, MAYBE a teaser at best. F-Zero is obvious, but Animal Crossing? Splatoon just launched and they've been busy with that. Happy Home Designer is basically intended to be an Animal Crossing fix until they can get a Wii U AC started (or they're skipping Wii U).

Likewise, Intelligent Systems have way too much on their plate for Paper Mario. They just released one game worldwide, and another is releasing this month in Japan, they also did a smaller puzzle game Stretchmo and are helping (not directly working on) with SMT X FE. They simply have too much going on. And FE If isn't a simple game, either, as we've been seeing; in fact its practically two games in one.

I don't think Xenoblade Chronicles X or Fire Emblem If will be at E3, at least not in a major focus. There's still plenty of time to talk about both games. X is out in Japan, and its not out in the west until 2016. Maybe a brief trailer for each, but that's about it.

Chibi-Robo and M&S Rio might be playable and get a quick trailer, but I think that they're not really going to focus on anything that was announced/talked about in the Japanese Direct and Mini Direct, they simply used that opportunity to announce new things.

I think Golden Sun 4 could potentially get a teaser trailer. Probably nothing more than that, though (unless Camelot's been secretly working on it at the same time as the Sports games, which is incredibly unlike except for plotting out the storyline).

I also believe there will be more 3DS remakes announced. Not Wii U, though, Nintendo specifically stated that they've still got unannounced 3DS remakes. Could be either GC or N64 titles, my bets on one possibility being Mother 3D.

My bingo card:

VmknMle.png

I'm also sticking with my optimistic self and saying Zelda could be shown at the Digital Event since it's technically not E3 :V

• Thumbs Up 2

I do think there might be some leeway on what constitutes being actually "at" E3; I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some new teaser for the next Zelda game even if it's not playable at E3 itself.

E3 was dreadful last year for the 3DS; I don't think even one new game was announced.  I'm hoping for a big improvement on that this year.  It sounds like Zelda Wii U is all hands on deck, though, so probably no new Zelda for 3DS in the works, not even a fairly necessary iterative sequel to ALBW.  I would imagine they might announce some more New 3DS ports a la Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, though.  My personal 3DS wishlist is a new Metroid, Wario Land, and Golden Sun, along with "something unexpected."

And so it begins.

Mario Kart 8 DLC, Smash DLC, more Splatoon content. Hope beyond hope they don't tease F-Zero, and then it turns out to be MK8's third DLC pack. I could see GX being remade on 3DS, sure. Not really sure on anything else at the minute. Except Animal Crossing WiiU.

Out of all of the big there's events, this is the one I am looking forward to the most. Nintendo hit the ball right out of the fucking park last E3, not just in terms of lineup but in terms of presentation. Those Robot Chicken skits were gold! I really hope they pull a similar performance this year, because they personally won E3 last year in my opinion.

I'm just hoping to see some new announcements personally. Oh, and Super Mario Sunshine 3D/U would be amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is the only presentation I'm really interested in, and I kinda like that this year we don't have an awful lot of clues as to what to expect. While it's exciting to know a few big titles to look forward to (like in 2013 where we knew we had a new 3D Mario, Smash Bros and Mario Kart), the element of surprise is what E3 is all about for me. I like the stuff that comes completely out of nowhere and shocks us - in a good sense though, of course! Star Fox is a certainty and Zelda is a no show, so the majority of it is completely up in the air!

Prediction-wise, I'm guessing we'll see some more Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 DLC. I'd love to see a new Paper Mario RPG for Wii U (or a Thousand-Year Door re-release on Virtual Console, s'all good) and a new Mario Strikers from Next Level Games (one that preferably hits a nice middle ground between the more traditional football of the GC game and the insane over the top wackiness of Charged... and has Rosalina in a crop top and tight shorts, natch!). I think after all this time it's only right we see what Retro Studios is up to as well - hoping for a Metroid rather than a new Donkey Kong, but if it's something completely different, even more exciting! Some more details about Mario & Sonic 2016 would be nice too, just to clarify some of the rumours and speculation about new characters.

I actually don't think there'll be too much on Yoshi's Woolly World (beyond maybe a trailer and a release date for America) because it'll be practically out in Europe and Japan by that point and reviewers have their hands on the finished game now, so extra details won't necessarily be big news.

Ultimately though, it's going to be a fun one to watch - I just hope that, by the end of the stream, I've got a smile on my face!

This is the only presentation I'm really interested in, and I kinda like that this year we don't have an awful lot of clues as to what to expect. While it's exciting to know a few big titles to look forward to (like in 2013 where we knew we had a new 3D Mario, Smash Bros and Mario Kart), the element of surprise is what E3 is all about for me. I like the stuff that comes completely out of nowhere and shocks us - in a good sense though, of course! Star Fox is a certainty and Zelda is a no show, so the majority of it is completely up in the air!

Prediction-wise, I'm guessing we'll see some more Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 DLC. I'd love to see a new Paper Mario RPG for Wii U (or a Thousand-Year Door re-release on Virtual Console, s'all good) and a new Mario Strikers from Next Level Games (one that preferably hits a nice middle ground between the more traditional football of the GC game and the insane over the top wackiness of Charged... and has Rosalina in a crop top and tight shorts, natch!). I think after all this time it's only right we see what Retro Studios is up to as well - hoping for a Metroid rather than a new Donkey Kong, but if it's something completely different, even more exciting! Some more details about Mario & Sonic 2016 would be nice too, just to clarify some of the rumours and speculation about new characters.

I actually don't think there'll be too much on Yoshi's Woolly World (beyond maybe a trailer and a release date for America) because it'll be practically out in Europe and Japan by that point and reviewers have their hands on the finished game now, so extra details won't necessarily be big news.

Ultimately though, it's going to be a fun one to watch - I just hope that, by the end of the stream, I've got a smile on my face!

Yepper! Sums up a lot of my thoughts as well. :)

Diddy Kong Racing 2 is my most wanted game to be unveiled, the rumors came back up again after E3 last year, so maybe? Please? :(

What about Sonic? Seems as good as any that if a new game is at E3, it'll be with Nintendo, you're not going ot see him at Sony or MS's conferences and with no booth by Sega, where else would he show up?

Nintendo holding a Smash presentation two days before the Digital Event focusing on new content.

tdvZT2b.jpg

Ryu and Roy, maybe? Leaves the Smash Ballot for the Digital Event.

Don't make my prediction wrong, Nintendo :V

Probably both...

... I'll just count this as part of it and still be right :V

As I said on GAF, I'm glad they're getting this out of the way for the main event, as it was IMO ridiculous that the segment took up like 25% of last year's Digital Event, also the Palutena trailer was a really weak ending, and they choose Pac-Man for the roundtable which wasn't live so we all heard of that from live tweets? What the hell?

Yeah, that was one of the low points last year's event to me. So easily it could've been huge.

This is probably Ryu and Roy. Which shits over my idea of Roy at FE 25th anniversary concert and Ryu at EVO.

What about Sonic? Seems as good as any that if a new game is at E3, it'll be with Nintendo, you're not going ot see him at Sony or MS's conferences and with no booth by Sega, where else would he show up?

I think if Sonic somehow does have a new game at E3, the trailer will just be released separately by SEGA and then it'll be playable on the show floor at the booths of whichever respective companies it's on the console of.

Unless it's another Nintendo exclusive - which honestly would be baffling after how the last three performed - I don't think we'll see it in the Digital Event.

I dunno, though. SEGA said they wanted to reinforce the brand. That seems to imply they consider it their fault that the game's didn't sell well, not the fact that the Wii U isn't doing great. And most seem to indicate that Sochi was the worst M&S, Lost World was decent but not great, and Boom was abysmal. Their other consoles are doing better than Wii U, but none of the games released were that GOOD, either.

That said, I doubt they'd got a console title in the works anyway. It could just as easily be a 3DS exclusive title.

• Thumbs Up 1

New Devil's Third (Wii U) trailer!

It's out in Japan on August 4th. Shocked this is airing now and not during the Digital Event or that day.