Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2015

Hero of Legend

I happen to be buying a 2DS and 3DS XL this week so this is harshly accurate.

Ouch.

But your mot getting the New 3DS?

• Thumbs Up 1

Goddamn, that new "Metroid" game looks like a slightly upscaled Streetpass game. I'm not a Metroid fan, but even I'm kinda mad over this bird-flipping monkey's paw to those who wanted a new Metroid game.

Honestly, while Nintendo's Digital Event this year left me a little cold, I more or less got the one thing I REALLY wanted from them, and that was a Xenoblade date. I feel like some of the other stuff, aside from Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (the only really NEW thing), would have been nicer surprises had we not known about them months ago in a Japanese direct, they'd have more impact.

Admittedly, it's gotta suck for Metroid fans right now.

they not even didn't give any single thing about Splatoon too, it kinda pisses me off. like nothing new about the about the up coming content in Splatoon, like dude, Splatoon atm is a beasty Gem.

• Thumbs Up 1

So uh

If the lukewarm reception to this event and with the NX platform next year is any indication...

is the Wii U is pretty much dead then? Being honest here

they not even didn't give any single thing about Splatoon too, it kinda pisses me off. like nothing new about the about the up coming content in Splatoon, like dude, Splatoon atm is a beasty Gem.

They just announced today that they'd be releasing the next set of weapons tomorrow.

So uh

If the lukewarm reception to this event and with the NX platform next year is any indication...

This much was obvious really. At this point they're padding out the U's life while their dev teams co-ordinate on the next console. They're not going to get much more out of this thing; not on their own. Wii U has been a sinking ship for some time.

Which doesn't mean that it's lost it's worth any more in terms of quality games. Wii U still has some of the most beastly exclusives you could ask for this generation and it'll go down as an underdog.

Mediocre conference with a pretty good presentation. They still have the best things from last year in terms of showcasing but the content this time around was too scarce to back it up and that can't really be blamed on Nintendo when they're asked to leverage an entire console on their own. I'll probably buy and enjoy most of these games but very few new things were the kind of games to be showstoppers.

Also as a jaded Metroid fan myself it feels like some just desserts are being served here at the expense of the fan base after completely writing off Tropical Freeze two years ago which was easily a collective embarrassment. I've completely lost sympathy for most Metroid fans as of late.

• Thumbs Up 6

tumblr_nq20ab25481qjqehno1_1280.png

Translation:

“Thank you for watching. We take opinions of this year’s Digital Event seriously and will work to better meet your expectations.”

So uh

Not really, games take time, sounds like they spread stuff out. Also they keep saying they have collabs, and those may be determined by the partner rather than Nintendo in regards to the reveal. Honestly, no real bombs, but I'm still super excited for Star Fox Zero, and well they have a number of games that are coming out that they haven't mentioned(Devil's Third, Fatal Frame U), and sounds like they had some stuff they saved for the treehouse

So uh

Not really, games take time, sounds like they spread stuff out. Also they keep saying they have collabs, and those may be determined by the partner rather than Nintendo in regards to the reveal. Honestly, no real bombs, but I'm still super excited for Star Fox Zero, and well they have a number of games that are coming out that they haven't mentioned(Devil's Third, Fatal Frame U), and sounds like they had some stuff they saved for the treehouse

Fatal Frame did get mentioned after the fact.

The main issue with the Digital Event is there were no big games announced. All the newly announced games were spinoffs. At least one new big game would've made people happy. I expected mostly spinoffs, but I also expected AT LEAST one new game.

I mean, supposedly more surprises are in the way. I certainly do think Nintendo has other plans for next year, but this year's new content is meh. Most of the already known stuff is great, though. Also, every bit of new info for HW 3D pleases me. There's an expanded story mode (YES), new stages, new characters, and likely new content to be announced later considering all HW Wii U DLC is in the game (not just Tingle).

There will be a few more games for 2016 then the Wii U is probably over with.

I just saw it myself, and it's alright. I can see why a lot of people are upset at Nintendo, and I'm personally disapointed, but their most anticipated release is coming out next year and they're really trying to focus on new releases and such this year.

Regardless, it was pretty meh, but then again, all of the E3 conferences (With the exception of Sony) has been poor so far. Let's hope this PC Gaming Show thing will be cool.

So I thought I'd make a video on my thoughts of Ninty's conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice to see that Iwata-san understands our disappointment to this Digital Event. At least I'm enjoying the Treehouse stuff!

Me too, but i have see some extreme reactions on Twitter like: "FUCK YOU" "YOUR DEAD TO ME" and so on.. Its because Nintendo have to blown minds away all the time?

So we have the actual Nintendo E3 games list, and about half of them weren't in the direct

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/

Like Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/fatal-frame-maiden-of-black-water/

and Mother 1 (retitled Earthbound Beginnings) coming to wii-u

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/earthbound-beginnings/

well, mostly indie games otherwise, but oddly Devil's Third isn't there either

Wait what are you talking about? There is no Metroid.

Just some shitty scifi 3v3 football called Blast Ball

Just Blast Ball

BLAST BALL

So uh

Getting over the disappointment of that event has really been easy when watching the Treehouse and realising that even though the games are small, the same standard of quality has been put into them. Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer takes the most out of the designing aspect and lets us go wild without having to collect money to buy what we want first. TriForce Heroes looks like it has a lot going for it with the same co-op style of the more recent Mario games. And it allows customisation of sorts in what abilities you have. And it has that totem stack.

I could go on, but watching the gameplay gives a better view on the game itself, and does help you to get over things being different or not as expected. I really hope they show more of that Animal Crossing amiibo Festival, not because I really want it, but so I can see just how different it is to other party games Mario and Wii.

HsVfF7L.gif

Goddamn it.

Star Fox looks great, Mario Maker's day one, but Metroid. What did they do to you?

You wanna know the worst thing about this conference being lackluster? People might say E3 2008 is arguably still the worst nintendo conference, but atleast the Wii was hitting it big time. To have this happen with the Wii U just when it was hitting a good stride in the general eyes of the populace is probably the worst-case scenario that could've happened today. The Wii U was never gonna suddenly sell gangbusters towards the rest of this year and the next, but at least a good press conference would've kept it's good striding position.

But now? It's gone. Both it and probably the 3DS. I fully expect whatever the NX may be to come Holiday 2016 now. Nintendo has left very bad taste in a lot of people's mouths from what they showed today and HOW they showed it (with a few exceptions). This has put them in a position where their going to have take very serious and drastic measures to have people gain interest in them back again in what ever they have planned for their future, because if not, they are going to fall even harder than ever before, and  that's going to leave the NX as perpetual dead weight.

I know that quite the pessimistic outlook on things currently, but Nintendo could really, REALLY not have afford mess up at this E3, especially considering how great last year's was.

• Thumbs Up 1

But now? It's gone. Both it and probably the 3DS. I fully expect whatever the NX may be to come Holiday 2016 now.

Such a foolish and stupid business act by Nintendo, merely over a lackluster E3 showing, which is surpassed by their Treehouse showings is highly doubtful.

That E3 Digital Event was by no means the best, but neither was it grave-inducing to any sensible being. Disappointment is understandable, but preaching gloom and doom is such a tired act that has no place here with the current circumstances.

• Thumbs Up 4