Awoo.

Mega Man: The Legacy Collection - PS4, Xbox One, PC, 3DS

Wraith

fe76d1709d4f235e5abea0d089352592.png?v=1

Announced for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and 3DS at a later date.

Trailer:

Info: 

7fa6ccd7b7159eaf5223b5502191097f.png?v=2

Some notes about the additional modes:

Leaderboards, challenges, replays: Challenge Mode takes moments from each title and weaves them into a series of, well, challenges! So things like 'can you do these six areas strung together with one life bar' or 'try fighting all six Mega Man 1 bosses in a row.' And to keep the quest for the best time alive, the top performers in each Challenge will have their replay data uploaded and viewable to everyone! There will be many challenges to vex seasoned players AND help train newcomers in the ways of the Blue Bomber.

Database: Each Mega Man game will have a database that includes enemy lists. From here you can read details about certain enemies and hop directly to them for a practice session. For example, say you're tired of playing all the way to Quick Man just to lose over and over. With the database, you can hop directly to him and practice that buster run until you get it down to a science. Then it's off to the full game for the real deal!

Museum: MMLC will sport an exhaustive collection of sketches, art and other visual materials that help put you in that 1987~1992 time period. Part of this game's goal is the preservation of history, and the folks at Digital Eclipse are scanning items at absurdly high resolutions to make them as clean and clear as possible.

45ef8b22d49327b343b2b5016de3d760.png?v=2

7bf67832d69beb80e2ee898f20efdb02.png?v=2

Speaking of Digital Eclipse, the team is bringing these 8-bit classics over via their new Eclipse Engine, which rebuilds the original games from their source elements. The result is a sharp, clean picture that proudly displays these iconic sprites in lovely 1080p, and presents the games as they existed in their original forms.

“Movies have the Criterion Collection, but there hasn’t been anything like that for games,” said Frank Cifaldi, Head of Restoration for Digital Eclipse. “We’re living in the golden age of a brand new form of artistic expression, and we’re not doing a very good job of making sure our games will be available five years from now, let alone fifty. The more we can do right now to take video game preservation seriously, the safer our history will be.”

121f668d071cb1c7ea40458200c37c00.png?v=2

1bbd2fe53f132893409aff706ae431cc.png?v=2

For $14.99 you'll get six timeless classics, a huge museum of high-res images and challenges with their own leaderboards and replays.

110167bc9f2e5824088df8ddc5234893.png?v=2

We'll stream the title from E3 next week, and if you're attending SDCC this year, you'll be able to play it ahead of its release!

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm excited for this, especially as a new Mega Man fan but why the fuck isn't Mega Man 7, 8, Super Adventure Rockman, or Mega Man & Bass in there? Along with Mega Man 9 & 10? 

If a PS2 game could have all 8 games plus a bunch of extra games like Mega Man The Power Fighters, why the fuck does the PS4 version not have all those games, plus the recent games? It isn't much of a legacy collection if they're only going to throw in 6 NES games and leave out the rest of the other ones. Why not throw in Mega Man Powered Up either? That game's really great but not many got to play it because of it being on the PSP. But now, with all the PSP remasters happening, this would have been the perfect time to remaster it and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X.

They better not sell it as fucking DLC

While on one hand I'm happy that the blue bumber is getting more recognition lately, on the other hand I love Megaman 7 and despite its flaws 8. I get it, you want Classic Megaman to be recognized by his 8-bit version, but come on.

>£15

>6 NES games

>>>No Wii U

I'm fucking kekking.

They could've ported the Gamecube Collections lmao. But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

THERE'S NO OIL OR TIME MAN EITHER, COME THE FUCK ON

• Thumbs Up 9

I hope they have the non pause menu weapon switching like the old Classic Mega Man collection. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So there's a 3DS release date but no Wii U? The hell...

Also, just those 6 NES Megaman games, not the SNES and PSone games? Not even 9 and 10? It's not worth it IMO, especially since I already got all the Rockman Famicom games. I think the only reason I would get this is for the extras like concept art and stuff.

I'll wait for a price drop during a Steam Sale.

They're probably using this to see if people are still interested in Megaman. But using just the 8-bit games? Yeah, if this thing is successful, they're probably going to make another 8-bit Megaman. And I want something more, sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

>just the NES games

Well, I guess this collection is basically worthless, then. Fucking weak.

I don't want another 8 Bit Mega Man game. He needs to fucking get some really good graphics and art, instead of Capcom trying to fucking lazily bank on nostalgia.

• Thumbs Up 6

Aaaand I don't care tbh

Tired as shit of Mega Man, especially how Capcom pretends nothing between MM6 and 9 exists. Should have ported Complete Works.

On one hand it's awesome to see another mega man as usual. On the other hand.......................... really? It's a collection okay fair enough but only the original six games? Not the rest of the classic series and x series and so on and so forth? Not much of a "Legacy" is it? 

You know, when I came to this topic, the title ''Megaman Legacy Collection'' reminded me of MGS Legacy Collection.

Which had ALL the MGS games on one disk.

Most of them being PS2-PSOne titles.

Capcom calls the first six NES games of one of their biggest franchise a Legacy collection even tho' their anniversary collection FOR THE PS2 had more games and features than this. HECK IF YOU'RE GOING 8-BIT WHY DIDN'T YOU ADD 9 AND 10.

A Legacy Collection should have AT LEAST all the classic Megaman and maybe some of the other series, like X, Zero or Legends.

But hey, I'm honestly surprised they're doing SOMETHING with Mega Man, and hopefully this picks up enough interest so they'll continue the series somehow.

But hey here's hope for a Legacy Collection for X, Zero, ZX and/or Legends.

Also wtf no Wii U, that's the only next-gen Console selling your megaman stuff right now Capcom.

• Thumbs Up 1

No Wii U release, no 7,8,9 and 10, the 3DS release not even going to come out around the same time as the others.

Yeah fuck this. I have most all the NES games on VC anyway. Can't even release your old Mega Man games without fucking it up eh Capcom?

You save about $10 compared to buying the collection compared to their 3DS/Wii U releases. Doesn't stop this from being a lazy collection, especially with the lack of a Wii U release.

I understand that there's a certain unity to only packaging the original 8-bit titles together... but I really don't see that anyone's particularly excited by these titles any more, no matter how many bells and whistles you stick on them.  They could've sold this as a retail title if they'd only gone and thrown in everything bar the kitchen sink - not just the 7-10 titles but also things like the GameBoy games and other spin-offs.  All of the classic titles, rather than few enough that you can't even put "classic" in the title.

Is this going to be one of those cases where, when it fails to sell, Capcom just shrugs its shoulders and says "well obviously nobody likes Mega Man any more"?

It's not just the fact that this only has the NES games I take issue with. It's the fact that better ports exist

IIRC Anniversary Collection had trimmed down versions of the Complete Works games. Capcom could have put together a compilation of all six PS1 ports and that alone would have made the fee of entry worth paying, even if it didn't have anything else.

That's not to mention the fact that Europe never even got the Mega Man Anniversary Collection or the Mega Man X Collection and since Capcom are such shitheads that they won't bring over any Mega Man games to the PS1 Classics section in the UK, it is near impossible to play Mega Man 8, the majority of the X games, or any of the PS1 games.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll buy it to support thr franchise, but I already have the anniversary collection.

I have an even better question. Why not include Wily Wars? The one game that has never gotten a rerelease?

• Thumbs Up 4

Being completely honest, I'm not even a fan of 8-bit Mega Man, and I already have the PS2 collection which more or less covers the same ground, with more games. Odd that Wii U isn't being included, unless they're using the Virtual Console already having all these games and more as justification for stiffing the system.

So, one way or another, this certainly isn't for me, but if it's baby steps toward bringing Mega Man back, then, whatever. At this point I'm just curious what else they have planned that's not living off of retro nostalgia (and it better not be Legends).

This... actually sounds okay to me.  Mega Man is the kind of franchise I LIKE but not really enough to invest my spare time in - something I'd play to pass the time on my work breaks or while waiting for food etc.  I guess being a very lightweight Mega Man fan has it's perks?

I've only really played Mega Man II properly of the 8-bit games, but the 3DS version sounds like it'd be a great boredom buster to have on the go, as long as save states are available (I don't think I have the patience for 8-bit difficulty without infinite lives these days, I can't sink that much time into a title I'm only mildly invested in).  I'm kind of lacking in 3DS games to play lately that I can enjoy casually rather than invest time in undistracted.  I have four more characters to beat All-Star with on Smash 3DS and then I'm kinda done with that game in terms of the content I'm willing to play (not bothering with the bullshit hard challenges).

Of course, depending on what the newly announced content is for Smash 3DS, by the time Mega Man rolls around I may be plenty occupied with Smash for on-the-go entertainment once again and this title may lose appeal for me.

I will admit that "in 8-bit style..." moment (and thumbnail) was such a cocktease.  I thought it was about to go into "and in new remastered graphics!" as an alternate option etc.  But nope guess these are gonna be straight-up modified emulations.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know how you do a remaster?

565204-monkey-island-special-edition-bun

This game has all brand new graphics completely remade in HD and brand new art and the whole 9 yards, plus it also allows the player to hit a button to activate classic graphics as well.

• Thumbs Up 6

So, collection which has 1-6. Ok, where are 7-10 and & Bass?

Anyway, this seems interesting. Mega man is one of these franchaises which I am curious but don't really have many options to play. As far as I know only 9 and 10 are in PSN, correct me if I'm wrong, and I would like to start from earlier games. Of course I could just use an emulator but I don't like doing that.

So, collection which has 1-6. Ok, where are 7-10 and & Bass?

Anyway, this seems interesting. Mega man is one of these franchaises which I am curious but don't really have many options to play. As far as I know only 9 and 10 are in PSN, correct me if I'm wrong, and I would like to start from earlier games. Of course I could just use an emulator but I don't like doing that.