Awoo.

Rouge Voice Actor Karen Strassman Lists ‘Sonic II’ on Resume

Detective Shadzter

Karen-Strassman-Sonic-II.jpg
The Sonic Stadium has today spotted a listing for a video game titled ‘Sonic II’ on the resume of current English Rouge the Bat voice actor Karen Strassman’s resume. A Google search shows Strassman’s resume was last updated 20th May 2014 and the game is listed after Sonic Free Riders and Sonic Generations, her last roles as Rouge, so it’s likely this is an upcoming unannounced game.

The title is strange, considering we had Sonic the Hedgehog 2 back in the 90s, but then again, we did have a new Sonic the Hedgehog in 2006. However, with such negative feedback, we don’t think SEGA would create a sequel to that game, especially if it performed as poorly. There’s also the possibility this could be a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog 2, but SEGA kind of did that on mobile devices not too long ago with the help of Taxman and Stealth.

We recently reported about another unknown title with a 2 in its name ‘Sonic Mach 2′, which we spotted on German Orbot voice actor Romanus Fuhrman’s resume. Could they be one and the same? We’ll have to wait and see…
If we get any updates, we’ll be sure to let you know.
Sources:
Karen Strassman’s website resume
Karen Strassman’s voice acting site resume
Google search results

My article at The Sonic Stadium

If the SSMB Staff/Admins feel it would be better to merge this with the Sonic Mach 2 topic, feel free :)

• Thumbs Up 2

There's also Sonic Anniversary, despite Generations being there. A mistake or next year's game?

It can be a mistake since she also listed Sonic Anniversary since Anniversary is a beta name for Generations. But if it's not, then it pleases me that Rouge might get a more active role since we can all agree that the supporting cast needs to be more active!

• Thumbs Up 2

There's also Sonic Anniversary, despite Generations being there. A mistake or next year's game?

It's listed before Free Riders and Generations and was widely listed as the codename for Generations in resumes. She likely forgot to replace Anniversary with Generations. 

It's listed before Free Riders and Generations and was widely listed as the codename for Generations in resumes. She likely forgot to replace Anniversary with Generations. 

This list is ordered alphabetically, not chronologically, though.

I'm with the general consensus that this is probably a mistake of sorts.  I mean, I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but as stated above, the list is in alphabetical order, not chronological.  Meaning, the order has no bearing on what it could possibly be.  Do we know when this list was last updated?  Do we have a previous version of the list?

Sonic II is probably just "Sonic Mach II." It is interesting, though... it could be that "Sonic Anniversary" is, once again, a code name for next year's game.

At the same time, there's still M&S Olympics Rio. Rouge is even playable this time. That's not listed at all.

2015: The Year of Listings.

Seriously though I'm just glad to see activity brewing with Sonic news again. It has been a long year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Either work had started back then, it's a cancelled project or a crazy error.

"Sonic II" could also refer to the widely requested Sonic x Boys II Men crossover, coming soon to PS3, Xbox One, and Winamp in 2016.

I guess that got cancelled. :(

What? The "II" inspired me.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm more interested in "Sonic Anniversary" title there. It could be the rumored 25th anniversary game. Also, Sonic 2? Sonic Mach 2 without the word " Mach"?   ^_^

Probably not. I'm just speculating here. This could all be false but I'll keep an eye on this.

If this is Mach 2 then the things we know are

-Orbot, Sonic and Rouge are in it.

Hmm. I'm interested to see where this is going.

If this is indicative of a new game, I'll be super happy that Strassman is returning. Out of Rouge's VAs, I think she's the best.

That being said, I highly doubt it's anything. Seems like a longshot as is, and seeing that this has been on her resume since 2012 makes it even more unlikely.

Strassman should stay the voice of Rouge for as long as possible, though <3 Strassman voice is best Rouge voice. Not saying much, but still. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just looked for a previous version after seeing Tara's post and found a copy from 22nd January 2012 with Sonic II still on it. The current one was last updated 20th May 2014, as I stated in the op.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/143531548/20120122-purple-Karen-Strassman-VO

Don't suppose it's All-Stars Racing Transformed? Unless Rouge wasn't in it at all.

Given the direction of the fandom starting from the faliure of Lost World, the use of Roman Numerals (typically more sophisticated and mature than the Arabic ones we're familiar with), and the fact it's Rouge as a lead role, I think this is going to be a literal sequel to Sonic 06, hopefully with all of the original's problems ironed out. Before someone makes a snarmy remark about 06, remember Rise of Lyric met an even worse reception.

I was gonna suggest a potential DLC of Sonic 2 for mobile with other characters thrown in with some light voicing done in there (though would be very odd since the original games didn't do that, aside from Sonic CD going "I'm outta here.")

But seeing as this is way back in 2012, I'm stumped. Can't imagine any kind of game from Sonic having so much dev-time that they were already in the voicing stage three years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

Given the direction of the fandom starting from the faliure of Lost World, the use of Roman Numerals (typically more sophisticated and mature than the Arabic ones we're familiar with), and the fact it's Rouge as a lead role, I think this is going to be a literal sequel to Sonic 06, hopefully with all of the original's problems ironed out. Before someone makes a snarmy remark about 06, remember Rise of Lyric met an even worse reception.

What does RoL getting a worse reception have to do with anything? Sonic Unleashed got lower ratings than '06 and they kept with (half of) that game's style for two games afterwards, and while it was the generally better accepted half, it was still criticized pretty heavily, at least by fans. The difference is, they stuck with that concept because they believed in it, at least as something temporary (which I personally think was a good idea even if I liked the boost, but that's a whole other topic).

I doubt they have that sort of faith in Sonic '06.

Edited by Celestia

SEGA would be dumb to make a sequel to 06.

They've been everything they can to distance themselves from 06 and pretend it never happened. The only thing from 06 that's ever showed up again is Silver.

The game erased itself from existence. It's never getting a sequel.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also Crisis City but since everything is so terrible we have to distance ourselves from Generations too right

Maybe this was what Sonic Boom was before, and at one point it was intended to feature more characters who later got stripped out? (Then Shadow and Metal Sonic were added back in at the last second.)