Awoo.

Rouge Voice Actor Karen Strassman Lists ‘Sonic II’ on Resume

Detective Shadzter

Iceweb38 in the comments at TSSZ says this has happened before:

For the record, she’s made the same mistake for her role as Kitana in Mortal Kombat X. Same thing happened, it got removed and Karen said it was a typo. Then 4 months later, it was officially confirmed

http://www.tssznews.com/2015/06/14/karen-strassman-sonic-ii-was-a-typo/

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, you're over thinking this and getting your hopes up over nothing.

I don't know, given Shadzter's post.

I'm not "overthinking" anything. It seems really outlandish an employee would randomly throw "Sonic II" in there. If it truly is a typo, it stands to reason they were trying to put something else. As I said, employees make mistakes, but it stretches reason that they'd just randomly put a title in there without it being related to something real.

As mentioned, the fact Sonic Anniversary and Sonic Generations are both on there indicates a detachment from the work. Nobody writing this down is going to be exactly thorough in their names so mistakes are going to be common... but the mistake isn't false.

Also, there's no "hopes up" either. I am not onboard any hype train here. It's very possible I'm wrong of course, but I'm leaning towards the idea there is something real here based on the Occam's Razor approach.

I'm not "overthinking" anything. It seems really outlandish an employee would randomly throw "Sonic II" in there. If it truly is a typo, it stands to reason they were trying to put something else. As I said, employees make mistakes, but it stretches reason that they'd just randomly put a title in there without it being related to something real.

Indeed, that's the source of my question. If she meant to type something else, then what is that something else? What is this other Sonic game that Rouge was in which would've necessitated her putting this on her resume? It doesn't even have to be a new, unreleased game either. Is this woman known for just plucking random credits from the sky? I doubt that considering how much work she's gotten in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, the numeral II means two things:

1. This employee was hilariously incompetent bordering on stupid. You don't need to be a genius to process the significance of a numeral.

2. There is some new, unreleased project. While the possibility of cancelled content was raised, I don't know if SEGA would want word of that getting out. From what I know, we only see a fraction of stuff that never made it off the drawing board.

As those French storyboards show, some nifty information does hide in plain sight at times. I honestly wouldn't count out a new game being revealed in a few days at E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how the TSSZ article worded it:

Apparently it isn’t the only typo made either. Perhaps the “Sonic Anniversary” listing may have also been a typo. For all we know “Sonic Mach 2″ could have been a typo too.

Who knows, everything could've been a typo!

MY WHOLE LIFE WAS A TYPO!!

(Bit overpanicky eh SSF1991?)

In fairness it's not an entirely invalid concern. It stands to reason that if an employee can get the name wrong on one item they could get it wrong on a few others.

Though based on the accuracy of the list as a whole that's unlikely.

Said accuracy also reduces my ability to believe the name was just randomly there. They screwed up somehow, and only just now are getting caught because of the plain sight rule. Who would have thought to check Rouge of all characters' credits when she's one of the Adventure era leftovers who's only really around for nostalgia these days?

• Thumbs Up 1

Same type of mistake happened with MKX? lol Either a coincidence, or there's something out there that SEGA won't tell us. Sonic II though, could be a typo of Sonic 11, as Hogdad said. Sonic 11 can only be Generations, but then again, it's already on the list... Unless hers assistant forgot to delete the duplicate...

Btw, I already said Karen is very beautiful?

I like how the TSSZ article worded it:

Who knows, everything could've been a typo!

MY WHOLE LIFE WAS A TYPO!!

(Bit overpanicky eh SSF1991?)

• Thumbs Up 1