Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

Back at the Joyopolis event when the game was revealed to be coming to Japan. Some gameplay footage was shown then. 

That was a while back though, and the game is coming out in a month. =P

This reminds me, if Fire & Ice is coming out in Japan I wonder who is voicing Dr Eggman now that Chikao Ohtsuka is no longer with us. 8(

If it turns up at TGS then my god this game has problems.

You might not have to worry about that, Hoggy...because it seems the game won't be turning up at TGS.

Tokyo Game Show posted their official list of games that will be showcased by participating publishers this year...skip to Sega's section (second link, page 4 of the PDF, under Square Einx) and Boom: Fire and Ice is still AWOL. Sonic Runners obtained a seat, though!

Mind you, Sega has yet to publish their official list of games they will have at the event, but if it reflects the TGS list...

dBjprZV.jpg

Edited by Gabe

You might not have to worry about that, Hoggy...because it seems the game won't be turning up at TGS.

Tokyo Game Show posted their official list of games that will be showcased by participating publishers this year...skip to Sega's section (second link, page 4 of the PDF, under Square Einx) and Boom: Fire and Ice is still AWOL. Sonic Runners obtained a seat, though!

Mind you, Sega has yet to publish their official list of games they will have at the event, but if it reflects the TGS list...

dBjprZV.jpg

Sorry. You won't need to remind Hogfather about TGS 2015. He already knew it after I posted a leaked list of games that will be playable during TGS 2015 in Sega Plans 2015 thread about 3 days ago.

But I think it's okay to post that website address here, because I want everyone in SSMB know and post it to other threads.

Edited by GreninJovan

Sorry. You won't need to remind Hogfather about TGS 2015. He already knew it after I posted a leaked list of games that will be playable during TGS 2015 in Sega Plans 2015 thread about 3 days ago.

Well, it hasn't been posted in this thread, so...

If you're going to pull an announcement for a game due to an embargo... you might also want to not put it up and leave it up on your own website....

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/09/sonic-boom-fire-ice-to-get-fast-food-toys/

No really, despite pulling the tweet (my money is on Sega trying to relaunch Boom), due to some unknown embargo reason... this company still has the promotion listed on their own website.

If you're going to pull an announcement for a game due to an embargo... you might also want to not put it up and leave it up on your own website....

No really, despite pulling the tweet (my money is on Sega trying to relaunch Boom), due to some unknown embargo reason... this company still has the promotion listed on their own website.

I can't wait for the creepy foreign commercials of this..

Huh. That wouldn't be entirely unexpected. Is this another "Year of Sonic" deal where they plan to launch another wave of promotions all at once?

McDonalds makes you fat.

Thats why the mascot is a clown. But I would do it for the sonic toys.

This promotion has nothing to do with McDonald's. 

Someone in the comments of the recent Spin article brought up how Project diva f comes out next week and didn't receive a trailer AT ALL until last week, and the game comes out next week. Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice's situation is somewhat similar to this. Like I said some time ago, I don't think hardly ANY of SEGA's games this year got much new info, etc. and I think the Sega of America restructure and relocation is involved in this. 

Yeah I mean, if only there was this thing which existed, like... it could take on some of the stuff that SOA is occupied with and actually continue the business like it's supposed to. You know, like put out some press material or release the odd trailer or two.

We could call it... Sega of Europe. If only something like that existed.

• Thumbs Up 9

Cool. There's a Warriors book called Fire And Ice. I wonder when they're going to do a normal Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's kinda sad it's not had any new info since its release. It just makes me think the team's hit a snag and are too busy trying to rush and fix it before release, or SEGA's not really caring enough about it to advertise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe they're treating it like a cartoon tie in game. Ya know games that barely get any ads/attention and just one day appears out of nowhere. The games you notice at a game store and you instantly forget about them a minute later.  

I dunno I'm rambling here. 

• Thumbs Up 3

...At this point, I won't be suprised if it's cancelled/scrapped.

Same. I actually hope it HAS been cancelled! It's the most undeserved video game sequel yet. 

We'll get something in October maybe or near the end of September: a random release date and nothing more!

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

I highly doubt that the game's been canceled.  Sega's biggest problem has always been that they don't know when to cancel or delay a project when it isn't meeting expectations.

No, it's basically just shovelware at this point.

But even shovelware gets trailers, just look at Rise of Lyric!