Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

Radiant Hero Ike

I'm just bothered that they didn't...bother...to paint the thing. That's always a lazy move.

I'm just bothered that they didn't...bother...to paint the thing. That's always a lazy move.

Maybe the production company making the toys genuinely ran out of time to paint them, so they shipped them as they are.

Had it come out last year, it would had made for a perfect tie-in toy for Rise of Lyric.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was thinking it was one of those gimmicky "non-properly colored" toys that big companies believe kids will freak out over, and are probably right if Shiny Pokémon are any indication.

I mean, if that's the direction they were going for, it would be fine if it didn't look more like a bootleg as opposed to some rare variant.

Those toys look pretty sweet, too bad I live in Canada. :(

I live in Canada and I have never this place, ever.

I live in Canada and I have never this place, ever.

The closest one is in Toronto, my parents sure aren't going to drive me halfway across the country just to get a kids' meal.

The closest one is in Toronto, my parents sure aren't going to drive me halfway across the country just to get a kids' meal.

Toronto, you say? Well I live in Markham so going to Toronto is only a few buses and trains away or good 40 minute drive on the (RADICAL/SPEED) highway so maybe I'll go check the place out.

Toronto, you say? Well I live in Markham so going to Toronto is only a few buses and trains away or good 40 minute drive on the (RADICAL/SPEED) highway so maybe I'll go check the place out.

Could you mail me the toys? :P

Could you mail me the toys? :P

lol That would imply I have money! 

In which I do actually, didn't pre-order Fire and Ice for nothing! .......trustme.

But I doubt spending the money to send cheap meal toys would be a wise investment. 

Edited by Freddy Fuckboy

lol That would imply I have money! 

Hidden Content

But I doubt spending the money to send cheap meal toys would be a wise investment. 

I haven't pre-ordered it yet, I'm waiting for a release date or a pre-order bonus announcement before I pre-order it.

Well I did and i'm pretty confident the game will be good for what it is.

Yeah, I loved Shattered Crystal and this looks so much more fun. The controls look much more fast and fluid too.

Edited by GoldfishGroup
Capitalization

The controls look much more fast and fluid too.

I noticed that too in the gameplay trailer; I'm just hoping they'll be able to make it work with the new gameplay mechanic without breaking momentum.

Either way, the game itself looks promising. I'll most likely grab it when it hits shelves. Not to mention based Sticks is in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something I was wondering. The four characters were mapped to the d pad to switch in SC. Curious on how we switch with 5 characters. I guess we might have to stop and use the touch screen.

Edited by Tails spin

Something I was wondering. The four characters were mapped to the d pad to switch. Curious on how we switch with 5 characters. I guess we mod have to stop and use the touch screen.

ooooh, that could be troublesome. It does seem like you can use the trigger buttons to switch between fire and ice but yeah, this presents a problem for those who don't like using the touchscreen.

ooooh, that could be troublesome. It does seem like you can use the trigger buttons to switch between fire and ice but yeah, this presents a problem for those who don't like using the touchscreen.

Not really. Since the fifth member is on the screen, that leaves 4 to select with the D-Pad.

May have found some level names. I got all the Sonic Boom kids meal toys (82 cents each. Just ask for all four.) and on the board game, they mention two areas, "Kodiak Frontier and "Cutthroat Island".

• Thumbs Up 8

. I got all the Sonic Boom kids meal toys (82 cents each. Just ask for all four.) 

Wait, you can do that?  I thought they had restrictions in place for that sort of thing so that they could distribute the toys further or something.

So you can just ask to get all 4 toys and they wouldn't mind? Well I doubt I could get it since my locations of Carls Jr doesn't seem to have it but I'll try.

Wow, I completely forgot this game existed. Is it doing anything interesting or is it just a tired and boring sequel?

And seeing as this is Sonic Boom do I really need to ask?

It's probably not worth venturing an opinion until we see it again.  Any opinion is likely only to provoke a debate on how much or how little a delay can alter.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this will be a really neat game. The graphics look good from the trailers we've seen, and personally, I'm a big fan of Sonic Boom. 

Is there anywhere I could buy the Carl's Jr toys online? The closest restaurant is halfway across the country.

Is there anywhere I could buy the Carl's Jr toys online? The closest restaurant is halfway across the country.

*late* Officially?  No.  But these sort of things always make it to Amazon and eBay secondhand eventually.