Awoo.

"Sonic The Hedgehog Golf"

baba_944

Sonic... playing golf?! Hilarious!

Glu Mobile made the first Sonic Jump, so I guess it would be of a similar quality.

Ww..wait, these look like Sonic 3 sprites on backgrounds from Sonic 1. They look kinda pretty. :)

Sonic_golf4.png

Look at this dork. :D "I have the poooowweeeerrrr!"

I came here expecting a Sonic Themed Golf Course! Well, this seems pretty cool, too bad it's ancient.

Is it wrong to ask on this site for a ROM for this game?

That's against the rules almost everywhere...

Sonic... playing golf?! Hilarious!

Yeah, like THAT will ever happen...

Olympics.

I came here expecting a Sonic Themed Golf Course! Well, this seems pretty cool, too bad it's ancient.

Is it wrong to ask on this site for a ROM for this game?

That's against the rules almost everywhere...

Huh, this caught me off guard; though you'd be talking about Sonic Golf DX:

Sonicgolfdx_gameplay.jpg

Never seen this 2D one, but it looks cool; someone should ROM hack it to the Mega Drive over on Retro. 

And I just remembered something: Golf will be in "Mario Sonic At The Rio Grande Games" so that will be Sonic's fifth(?) golf game to appear in as oppose to Mario's four (not counting "Gameboy Games").

Wow, I was expecting this to basically just be that Windows '95 version of golf but with some low-res Sonic graphics thrown in for good measure.  These actually look somewhat interesting, albeit not good.

Wow, I was expecting this to basically just be that Windows '95 version of golf but with some low-res Sonic graphics thrown in for good measure.  These actually look somewhat interesting, albeit not good.

Really sorry for this being off-topic, but I've been trying to find a Windows 95 Golf game of the same name you're potentially referring to. I can PM you if you'd like. I played it in a "Masters Inn" in FA and it was pre-installed on the PC there. The title screen was a golfer in mid-swing and the setting was a sunset(?). It froze up on us and my dad said "Don't play that game".

Really sorry for this being off-topic, but I've been trying to find a Windows 95 Golf game of the same name you're potentially referring to. I can PM you if you'd like. I played it in a "Masters Inn" in FA and it was pre-installed on the PC there. The title screen was a golfer in mid-swing and the setting was a sunset(?). It froze up on us and my dad said "Don't play that game".

I don't remember that game.  I had a Windows '95 computer with a golf game pre-installed at one point, but I don't remember it having a title screen.  It was basically an overhead golf game with very low-res and minimalist graphics.  For some reason, I can't find any images of it, either, for some reason.  It really wasn't that fun, though, so it's not surprising.

Found mine, don't know about yours, Tara. But anyway, yeah, I wish someone would hack this game into the original "Sonic The Hedgehog" as well. Imagine making an entire classical series of golf games. I want a "Wood Zone" golf course.

The usage of classic sprites in a modern game piques my interest (though I guess the edutainment games made by LeapFrog have that same feature).

Apparently, there were other golfing mobile games even aside from Sonic Golf DX - Sonic Putter (2003), Sonic Putter (2009).

The usage of classic sprites in a modern game piques my interest (though I guess the edutainment games made by LeapFrog have that same feature).

Apparently, there were other golfing mobile games even aside from Sonic Golf DX - Sonic Putter (2003), Sonic Putter (2009).

OMG Sonic Putter 2003 looks exactly like what I thought the game mentioned in the OP would look like.  Boring, overhead golf game similar to Windows '95 golf but with low poly Sonic images thrown in.  So if there was ever a demand for that in the Sonic fanbase, I guess it's been satisfied somewhat. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Such a shame Sonic doesn't lose his patience and start whacking baddies with that golf club.

That would be hilarious.

If you find this I imagine it's going to be a .jar played on some feature phone emulator. It's also probably not very good, because it's a feature phone game written in Java.

I would imagine it wouldn't work if you wrote a program with coffee.

...bad joke, I know.

Found it. Here's some info about it (I'm playing through it right now).

Characters:

Sonic (artwork from "Sonic advance")

Tails (artwork from ???)

Knuckles (artwork from "Sonic Riders")

Difficulty

Novice

Amateur (Locked)

Pro (Locked)

Music

Remixes of the original songs

More info to come.

EDIT 1: There's a score tally at the end akin to the classic Sonic games

EDIT 2: Has bunkers. Learned that the hard way (now).

EDIT 3: has pars 3, 4 and 5. Also has slopes (dumb slopes).

EDIT 4: The languages are as follows:

English

French

Italian

Dutch

Spanish

It also saves your progress and the title screen music's is from the first "Sonic The Hedgehog".

EDIT 5: Only three zone course to choose from:

"Green Hill Zone"

"Spring Yard Zone" (Locked)

"Marble Zone" (Locked)

EDIT 6: Albatross! (scoring a double eagle on a second shot on a par 5 course) 

EDIT 7: There's also a par 6,7 and 8. On hole 9 there is a "boss battle" with Robotnik.

EDIT 8: Also has multi-player (up to three players).

Is it OK for me to upload multiple screenshots in one edit?

EDIT 9: Condored! (triple eagle (hole in one on a par 5))

EDIT 10:

Score: 162,250
Total Par: -19

EDIT 11 (And final): As you progress through the difficulties, there will be badniks that will try to stop you. There are ball power-ups that acts like an extra life. You can't hit Robotnik.

That's it. That's "Sonic The Hedgehog Golf".