Awoo.

Disney's Zootopia (March 2016)

Hero of Legend

Allow me to reiterate my original critique:

This teaser says it's a town filled with humanoid animals. That's fine and dandy by my standards, it's no secret that having a furry cast is a good way to get me to care about something.

But... what else? So some of them maintain natural antagonisms like in the wild...

I guess I'm just thinking there's not much of a lure?

I understand it's just a teaser rather than a full on trailer which would reveal more of the plot, but if I wasn't a furry I probably wouldn't care.

I love anthro animals and the designs look really good to me :3

Gotta agree there's not much of a hook here for the reasons already mentioned, but hopefully when more of a plotline comes out it'll be interesting. I don't watch a lot of movies but I might watch this if it turns out good.

• 3 months later...

Oh, wow. Loving that poster!

I'm hankering for a new trailer, but that's gonna be a while...

I saw the teaser trailer back when it first came out and really liked it. Thought it was pretty funny here and there. Can I say that I'm actually looking forward to this movie and hoping it does really well at the box office and critical reception. I don't know why, but there's something in me that this actually potential to be a success. Maybe it has to do with my general love for animated anthro movies or something. :D

Also I'm really loving that new poster!

Apparently, the movie's title has been changed to "Zootropolis" in Europe.

Yeah, I know that the Internet is saying that this change is an UK thing but, as always, the UK is Europe on the worldwide web. 

Sorry, but this is a pet-peeve of mine.

I do find it cool that they did keep relative scaling for the most part, should make for some fun perspective/enviroment points

I do find it cool that they did keep relative scaling for the most part, should make for some fun perspective/enviroment points

Apparently, the movie's title has been changed to "Zootropolis" in Europe.

Yeah, I know that the Internet is saying that this change is an UK thing but, as always, the UK is Europe on the worldwide web. 

Sorry, but this is a pet-peeve of mine.

Hm, interesting. I just searched up the Greek name and it's called "Zoopolis". Which is.. kinda stupid because "Zootropolis" would still work. Heck, all three titles would work since they come from Greek words. :V International naming is weird sometimes.

About the English version though, I wonder how many times the voice actors had to redub the lines. Since now there are going to be two versions of the script, one for the American version, and one for the British version. And all of this because of a name change. Sounds a bit ridiculous. 

By the way, do we know if the voiceover for the teaser is the Fox's voice actor in the film? 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

That is honestly one of the best trailers I've seen in recent years, Brilliant animation, fantastic comedic timing and the characters are alot of fun.

Forgot to mention this but I really also liked how rather than the words being spoken slowly, there's instead long gaps between each word said.

And the fox character has this amazing smug look throughout the whole thing, it's just fantastic lol.

I loved the trailer, thought it was pretty funny (especially Flash's face on that joke), so I'm really looking forward to the movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why would they hate their child getting together with a rabbit when two rabbit kids were arguably their most steadfast supporters during Prince John's takeover? Remember the movie, dangit! /killjoy

• Thumbs Up 4

A little late on my thoughts but I thought the trailer was alright. It was certainly unexpected, though I feel the dialogue from the sloth felt too.. fast? I mean he took forever to say words but they came out fast when the time came. I'm not expecting a super slow delivery, it just sounded very chopped off if that makes sense? Oh well, minor nitpick anyway.

I have been wondering one thing though. If the animals all live together in this modern world, how would their diets work? Did all animals become vegetarian to be more civil? Or are there still instances of animals eating other animals? I can't imagine they'd do anything too gruesome, being a Disney film, but I'm curious since it hasn't been established yet. Or maybe it has and I wasn't paying attention. 

• Thumbs Up 2

A little late on my thoughts but I thought the trailer was alright. It was certainly unexpected, though I feel the dialogue from the sloth felt too.. fast? I mean he took forever to say words but they came out fast when the time came. I'm not expecting a super slow delivery, it just sounded very chopped off if that makes sense? Oh well, minor nitpick anyway.

I have been wondering one thing though. If the animals all live together in this modern world, how would their diets work? Did all animals become vegetarian to be more civil? Or are there still instances of animals eating other animals? I can't imagine they'd do anything too gruesome, being a Disney film, but I'm curious since it hasn't been established yet. Or maybe it has and I wasn't paying attention. 

The reason for the way the Sloth talks is so that they can make jokes like the "Fine? Well" one. I'm sure glad they didn't go the AoStH way cause that was annoying:

As for you other question.......It's a movie, suspend your desbelief?.....I'm pretty sure the movie doesn't care about that, I think you're thinking too much.

Yeahh, I guess sloth talk is hard to do. It's either going to be normal speaking or annoying speaking. :/ Well, on another topic about the movie, have we heard any news on the short film accompanying the film? Unless they ditched that practice, which would be disappointing given how it's become a bit of a tradition again. The film is around 4 months away from release, I feel we would've heard something from Walt Disney Animation Studios.  

Glad to know I'm not the only person really wondering about this :P I'm sure it won't be gruesome, but I do wonder what they'll do!

I think this movie looks good. I like the animation and character designs and, perhaps most of all, I just like animal anthropomorphism, especially since it looks like they're doing some interesting things with it. I mean, anthro animals that are basically just humans with a different coat of paint are fine, but it'll be really fun and interesting to have animals that are really like animals in some ways, but in a society almost just like our own. The basic premise that came out with the trailer also sounds promising.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

CXj9wS7UkAALFV0.png

The concept of children-friendly content sure changed over time from what I used to remember XD

Back then this would have caused an uproar between soccer moms

• Thumbs Up 2