Awoo.

Uncanny Commute:Genesis(MOTHER 3 Reboot)

tvn88pl

For the past month or so, I’ve been developing an Unreal Engine 4 demo for use with the Oculus Rift, set in Mother 3’s Green Train.

I call it

Uncanny Commute: Genesis

What if you were commuting home after a long day’s work at the factory, and suddenly, a strange creature boarded the train and sat near you? What’s more, the train seems to now endlessly loop, never reaching it’s destination…

I started the project as a learning experience, to learn how people react to being in close-quarters with strangers using a VR headset. In this case, the strangers just so happen to be Mother 3’s awesome crazy cast of characters.

The demo will cycle through characters randomly during your endless train ride. Sometimes you might start the demo and find yourself staring a depressed Negative Man in the face. Or maybe you’ll see an angry Clay Man giving you the evil eye from across the aisle. Who knows? If you have a specific creature from Mother 3 you would like to see, feel free to let me know in this thread or via email. (I’ll read the requests and consider them if they are overwhelmingly asked for. The weirder the better. No humans! Creatures only.)

The areas I created that the train will travel through are done (except for a potential easter egg area I’m considering, depending on how much time I have). Here are a few shots of some of the areas the train will travel through, so you know this project is real.

Do note: the environments are just background. You can’t actually walk around in them. You view these areas entirely through the purple-tinted windows of the train only, and because of that, I tried not to focus too much on them. Making the characters as lively and believable as possible is my focus in this project. My time is very limited and I have to prioritize.I've been exspelled from starmen.net forever so I'll try here of my luck.

j24FqDM.png