Awoo.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake "is this the real life..."

Badnik Mechanic

Considering the fact that they've got XV taking forever to complete and no signs of KH3 at all, and the original XIV sucking ass... honestly, they were ALREADY in serious trouble, and are still iffy right now due to how long everything keeps taking for SE to release.

I wouldn't say "No sign at all" of KH3. SE france tweeted and were hinting awhile ago stuff about KH3 and hashtagged that for E3.

I wouldn't say "No sign at all" of KH3. SE france tweeted and were hinting awhile ago stuff about KH3 and hashtagged that for E3.

I think KH3 is definitely getting shown off later. Its just, its been taking so long for them to show anything off. That game isn't coming for a long time for sure.

Considering the fact that they've got XV taking forever to complete and no signs of KH3 at all, and the original XIV sucking ass... honestly, they were ALREADY in serious trouble, and are still iffy right now due to how long everything keeps taking for SE to release.

The XIV situation was basically sorted with A Realm Reborn so that's not an issue anymore really.

The XIV situation was basically sorted with A Realm Reborn so that's not an issue anymore really.

I know they're coming out of it. But my point is, if at any point SE was in dire straights enough to do FFVII, it was a couple of years ago before A Realm Reborn. SE could do nothing right.

So the remake isn't just a remake, part of it might also be a sequel? That's kind of cool.

You can look in the very trailer to see it. "Long ago, we looked upon a foreboding sky..."

Not even just that, the narrator is describing events of the past. And the scenes there have clear skies and a more modern look to Midgar, just before going to the past where the events of the game happen.

Maybe it's just a thing for the trailer, but...

I think it was metaphorical. Basically, since everyone's been waiting for FF7 to be remade, etc, etc. The narration struck me was highly symbolic and referring to the fanbase.

That could be true too, either way makes sense

The actual game will probably have new content too.

I can't help but think in regards to several things:

1) Several of the characters in your party were optional. Do you think they'll make it more linear to add those party members in, or do you think they'll stay optional? Also do you figure there will be cutscene introductions for each character, even the optional ones or will it be just for the main story?

2) How will the characterization be handled, because from what I understand, Cloud was more broody after the original game in the Compilation (although to be fair anyone would be after everything he went through), while Aeris/Aerith became more saintlike), and there are quite a number of scenes throughout the original where those things don't really fit as well.

3) DLC. I hope they aren't going to chop up this game to sell to us as DLC D:<!

I hope this lets you change the difficulty and enemy encounter rate whenever you want like in Bravely Default. I've only played the demo of that but I like that feature.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope random battles are completely done away with, it's such an archaic design concept for games these days, and I doubt it'd work in a fully realized 3D world without being immersion breaking.

You can look in the very trailer to see it. "Long ago, we looked upon a foreboding sky..."

Not even just that, the narrator is describing events of the past. And the scenes there have clear skies and a more modern look to Midgar, just before going to the past where the events of the game happen.

Maybe it's just a thing for the trailer, but...

Question. If Nomura is directing this then...what's going on with Kingdom Hearts 3? Do the dev team for that game feel like they can continue without him or is he working on both games simultaneously?

i have held off on replaying ffvii for more than a decade

waiting for this

there are no words

Same here lol, not replaying but actually playing it. I've always wanted to play FFVII to see what all the fuss is about, but the weird block armed Chibi designs put me off a bit. XD;; To finally have confirmation of a proper HD remake is the greatest news ever!

Is it just me, or is anyone getting the feeling that they're just pandering to fans by doing this?

I know that this may be a very, very unpopular opinion, but the truly 'new' games--the XV, Type-0 and KHIII trifecta--seem like games that SQEX actually cares about. I'm worried that this effort will be shoehorned in just for the sake of shutting fans up. How sure are we that Nomura cares as much about this game as he does the end of the Xehanort Saga?

E3's Reaction to the reveal. It's intense with screaming.

And somebody saying "IM GONNA DIE!"

EDIT: This was at a theater playing the event

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit... they're actually serious this time? Th-this is in't a joke right? I'm actually seeing that?! This is actually happening?!

2441702-0720251747-origi.gif

Oh.My.FUCK. It's beautiful and its real and its coming to us soon (2017 probably or whatever)!

ITS FUCKING HAPPENING!!

Also, what makes this even more amazing, I just beat the original Final Fantasy VII fucking two months back! Before this. THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVAR!!!

*faints*