Awoo.

World of Final Fantasy - Wait, what's that again? (PS4/PS Vita)

Kaze no Klonoa

"Don't you remember it all? The terrible past you caused?"

So another Final Fantasy game was announced that nobody cared about when the FF7 Remake was announced. You play as two siblings who can transform into super adorable minis or can turn back into their normal-sized selves. When they're small, they can ride the monsters they've tamed, and when they're normal sized, they're monsters ride on them. I'm interested in seeing how the gameplay goes. Story wise, it's another Final Fantasy Crossover. Kinda like Dissidia.

It's coming around in 2016, and will be released on PS4/PS Vita.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now permanently known as "that game announced before the FF7 Remake" lol. Anyway I guess we'll see more at Squeenix's conference.

This one's super cute and I love how when they're tall the look a LOT like KH characters (the brother looks just like Ventus I swear). Definitely want to play this one.

I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff.

Looking forward to this and that chibi MH RPG.

This one's super cute and I love how when they're tall the look a LOT like KH characters (the brother looks just like Ventus I swear). Definitely want to play this one.

The face designs and animations are 100% KH-ish.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Kingdom Hearts is dope and all, but looke what they showed for this game!

It looks OK, I guess. I dunno, all I can say is that the characters are so f***ing chibi.

• 8 months later...

E3 Trailer. Looks alot of fun, really looking forward to this one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing Lightning in the game. <3

Can't wait to own this title. Depending on what's happening with Sonic, this maybe my most anticipated game this year.

• 4 months later...

There's going to be KH DLC before the game that supposedly has to be a celebration of the main FF titles as a whole has any kind of rapresentation from FFII, FFXII and FFXIV (FFXV is understandable since it hasn't come out yet).

Some things never change at Square-Enix.

Umm...how does this warrant "never change square?" KH basically never represented in anything outside its own series, it's a pretty surprising move.

anyway, pic

image.jpeg

The fact that Kingdom Hearts, like the newest cute spoiled child that it is in Square's family of IPs gets priorities and complements very easily while the older brothers have to work hard to barely be recognized in some form.

I was hoping this trend was changing with Square's behavior in the last 1/2 years and the deconfirmation of KH from the new Dissidia, but i guess i was just deluding myself.

Again, what are you talking about? This is quite literally the first time KH has been featured outside its own game. You act like it's as over represented in other games as Cloud or Lightning. KH has a shit ton of legal hoops to go around which is likely why it wasn't in Smash or Dissidia. (Though now I'm sure there's a shot of a KH character in Dissidia) work harder, please. I'm sure it was hell to even get the guy in this game since Disney. you're getting entitled and upset because a spinoff game barely anyone is honestly looking at outside Japan is representing a franchise that is underepped outside its games.

It's not getting priority, FF isn't being thrown aside, it's just throwing a FREE bone to KH fans that also like FF since 2.8 not only got delayed, but is the next big square title to promote after XV. I'm sure other DLC will end up free. Also KH wasn't deconfirmed, Sora was. And that may actually change if this is anything to go by.

Though getting back on topic, to be honest, if they were repping 2.8, I would have figured Aqua would have been the choice.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Though getting back on topic, to be honest, if they were repping 2.8, I would have figured Aqua would have been the choice.

Technically, Sora could be seen as representing KH2.8 anyway, since he seems to be wearing his DDD attire for this game.

I mean yeah, but the bigger deal when comparing DDD and 0.2 is pretty obvious lol. 0.2 is much more advertised between the two. Either way, love that we got a KH character. Now give me Noctis and Neku and we're good.

• 3 weeks later...

So uh, this game kinda is fucking awesome. Like, wow, this snuck under everyone's noses lol. The combat is surprisingly addicting and challenging at times, while still being accessible, the visuals are gorgeous and very KH-ish, and music is THE SHIT. This seriously is becoming one of my favorite FF games, and fan reception seems quite postive. I really hope more is done with Reynn and Lann! Please don't let them be one shots. They're awesome, and the banter between them(and even slight 4th wall breaking) is awesome. really hoping they show up in Dissidia or KH3. 

WoFF is the best thought out and well rounded FF since FFIX. XII had more depth gameplaywise, but the overall experience was kinda bogged down by the mostly forgettable storyline and the soundtrack not being the best.

WoFF on the other hand, is a breath of fresh air. The comedic tone is incredibly welcome after FFXIII's shitty melodrama, the gameplay does a great job combining classic FFX battles with Pokémonn like mechanics and the music is great.

• Thumbs Up 1

And it has multiplayer. Unprompted online multiplayer, even the back of the box says its struggle single player with no online capabilities. A nice surprise to see, especially after the no mans sky shit.

Spoiler

Oh and the Tidus laugh bit is the best moment of the game hands down lol

Spoiler

Gonna be honest. Kinda disappointed Noel, Caius and Yuel weren't involved in the story given how time travel heavy it got towards the end. Seemed perfect for them.