Awoo.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force...?

Wraith

Eh, it seems like something to tide people over while they continue to figure out what the hell they should do with the series after Other M.  I'll wait until there's more than 20 seconds of gameplay footage of Federation Force before I start drawing conclusions, but Blast Ball was pretty underwhelming.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, most of the people that worked on the Prime games left, you know that right? Like, they're all working for Microsoft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtfY27pYri0

Hold the phone. Next Level Games made this. WHY???

Also didn't Retro last year not want to show what they had cooking. Plus didn't they also say they were going to be at e3. yet they are a no show.

Guys, most of the people that worked on the Prime games left, you know that right? Like, they're all working for Microsoft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtfY27pYri0

No they aren't. They're an independent developer.

And it doesn't matter. Those guys have gone on to make bad games (So far. No idea about Recore) and Retro continued making great ones.

No they aren't. They're an independent developer.

And it doesn't matter. Those guys have gone on to make bad games (So far. No idea about Recore) and Retro continued making great ones.

The only thing they've made that's quantifiably garbage they made was The Master Chief Collection. Everything I've heard in regards to Retro is that they're pretty much a shell of who they once were.

Maybe when Platinum is done with Starfox they will get a shot at Metroid? pls.

CON:  Next Level Games is putting resources into this.

PRO:  Retro Studios isn't.

I mean, we still don't know what they're doing, but at least it's not this.

hopefully no more monkeys

i'm sorry dk fans but samus >>> monkeys

The only thing they've made that's quantifiably garbage they made was The Master Chief Collection. Everything I've heard in regards to Retro is that they're pretty much a shell of who they once were.

What and what?

Armature had nothing to do with MCC. They've done some ports like MGS HD on Vita and their only original project was Arkham Origins Blackgate, which was bad.

Where the hell did you hear that about Retro? Both Donkey Kong games were highly praised.

Yeah, what's this about Retro studios? If anything, they've only gotten BETTER since finishing with the Prime series. As for NLG working on this, that gives me some sort of feelings that are hard to articulate. NLG has always made great games for Nintendo, but weren't they the studio that really wanted to make an ACTUAL Metroid game and not a spin-off? What happened?

Tbh this game feels like a distraction, and Retro Studios is still working on some unknown game.

What's going on here..?

That's what I'm thinking too. Is this some sort of holdover since Retro's game isn't ready yet? Does that mean an actual Metroid Prime is happening? I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's weird that they rejected the actual main series project from NLG and then put them on a Prime spin-off.

Yes, but gorillas > Samus.

Actually, nah, monkeys > Samus too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, but gorillas > Samus.

Actually, nah, monkeys > Samus too.

I don't know who you are but I will find you and I will kill you.

Disgusting. You should feel ashamed of yourself.

And in related news Fans once again prove why they're horrible monster man children:

Metroid Prime: Federation Force was announced at the Nintendo digital event on June 16, 2015. For almost a decade, long time Nintendo fans have been waiting for a true Metroid game. Metroid is one of Nintendo's most beloved and respected franchises spanning almost 30 years of legacy. The foundations of isolation, atmosphere and exploration in unknown planets are what made Metroid great. With the release of the Wii U and its greater technological capabilities thousands of fans were expecting a new and improved Metroid game.

What we got however is a disgrace of a game with the name "Metroid" slapped on the title. It has no elements at all of what Metroid is about and its a disrespectful manner to old and new fans of the series of showing them that the Metroid franchise is not dead afterall. This is not the Metroid we asked Nintendo to make. We should let Nintendo know what we really think of the game and make them actually LISTEN to their fans for once. Help us stop this atrocity of a game from bearing the beloved Metroid franchise name and make Nintendo halt production on it.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-petition-for-cancelation-of-metroid-prime-federation-force

Fuck these people man.

Look, I'm disappointed too, people need to grow the fuck up...and then I remember we're on the internet.

• Thumbs Up 4

You know, I think this game looks pretty unappealing, and I'm not really a Metroid guy anyway, so perhaps if I was I'd be feeling the sting a lot more, but "nobody asked for this," is one of the worst possible criticisms you can give anything. Nobody was ASKING for Pac-Man in 1980, does that mean they shouldn't have made it? Should they have just waited for someone to ASK, "can you please make a game about this yellow thing that pops pills?"

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, I didn't know Fans could make themselves look even more ridiculous than they already were. They're treating one disappointing spin-off as if it's the Anti-Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously? I mean the disappointment for me is mild at best even as a fan (though not a huge one) and even still this still strikes me as being whiny and bellyaching. This reminds me of the petition to get saban to cancel super megaforce so it wouldn't ruin Gokaiger being the "masterpiece" that it was. It was ridiculous for that one and it's ridiculous now here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That's pathetic. I know this game doesn't deserve to be called Metroid Prime but they're taking this anger towards it WAY too far. Just give it a chance ffs.

This seems like a Metroid version of Triforce Adventure, only somehow even more cartoony. It looks alright, not bad by any means, but come on - couldn't we get a little hint at a proper Metroid?

I get the feeling that this is a stop-gap, meant to placate Metroid fans while they get the proper, big game(s) up to show quality. Next year should be a fucking great E3, with Zelda and Metroid both in attendance, but for now, we get this. I suppose it'll be fun, and Blast Ball looked fairly hectic and entertaining.

If I had a New 3DS XL, I'd be sort of interested in it, but I worry I'd need to buy a copy for my wife's 3DS, and that we'd get the terrible hand cramps I associate with handheld shooters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I put this over in the Nintendo at E3 thread, but figured I should put it over here too

Also, Metroid Prime Federation looks like a fun little distraction to me, I mean Street fighter had a chibi spin-off and it turned out good, and getting spin-offs is a sign of health for a series. It helps build up interest while providing a relief in the gaps between main entries. And there is no reason for it not to be called Metroid Prime, since it shares its basic aesthetic, basic gameplay components(more how it plays than what you're doing mind you), and is in the same style of world as Prime being a 3D game, I mean Prime gives the annotation of third person Metroid, and that's what is applicable here.

And like Azookara said over there, it seem to be an obvious stalling maneveur for an upcoming Metroid announcement in the upcoming months(and Nintendo has done plenty of announcements outside of E3, some shortly after even)