THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE SOMEBODY WAKE ME UP THIS ISN'T HAPPENING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/me, E3

oh my gosh oh my gosh OH MY GOSH

THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE SOMEBODY WAKE ME UP THIS ISN'T HAPPENING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/me, E3

This was my reaction as well.

This is pretty cool. Hopefully Alpha Dream finally got the criticism and there will be much, much, much, less tedious tutorials.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hyped for this. Easily my personal highlight from E3 this year. Not only was I surprised to see a new Mario & Luigi game announced sooner than expected (They usually wait at least four years between them), but to find out that it's a PAPER MARIO CROSSOVER made this EVEN MORE of a Day 1 buy! I think just seeing M&L Bowser smack-talking Paper Bowser alone made my wallet explode and envelope the screen. XD Extremely excited for this. :D

Lqz7xBS.png

The fact sheet for the game. Looks like I was on the right track with my last pic. Paper Mario comes out of a book. Paper mario universe is a book made by someone else. Watch this be a plot point.

The first Paper Mario was known as Mario Story in Japan before using the Paper name in TTYD after.

So maybe it was already a book. It even got referenced in Luigi's Mansion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI9Ic3tz2lc

Great trailer for what's gonna be a really good game! At first I was like "I just hope it doesn't go the route of Sticker Star." I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

I don't think it should be too hard to fix the worst points of Sticker Star and Dream Team; they were made pretty forcefully, too.  A better and indeed actual plot with actual characters, and no endless tutorials for things which aren't that hard to understand... should this be too much to ask?  I don't think so.

What concerns me a little more is the fairly generic setting we've seen so far.  I suppose it's to be expected, as this is clearly footage from the very start of the game, but one of the high points of the Mario & Luigi series to me are its original locations, and it would be a shame for them to be wasted on grass world, desert world, ice world.

YES! Maybe AlphaDream can remind Intelligent Systems how a GOOD Mario RPG is made.

I really hope we get to see Paper Luigi in the game; I've always liked seeing him around in the Paper Mario games (and play as him in SPM).

I hope they tone down on the tutorials, that really slowed Dream Team down for me. Also, those Paper Craft fights better not be as counter-intuitive as the Luigi Giant battles. 

From the looks of the footage, the game seems to be trying to remedy some of the complaints from previous games. EXP is rewarded after battle, meaning they actually matter now, and the tutorials appear to be skippable. My only concern is the quest structure, I'd prefer a more open overworld ala the previous M&L games. Hopefully it isn't too limiting.

I wonder what Paper Luigi is up to.. You can bet your sweet ass the only reason we haven't seen him yet is because he ends up playing a huge role in the story later.

So Bobbery doesn't really exist in the Mario universe.

Nah, the Paper Mario book is probably highly dramatized version of facts that happened before. I hope we see some of Mario's companions making an appearance once again. Like Bobbery.

I wonder what Paper Luigi is up to.. You can bet your sweet ass the only reason we haven't seen him yet is because he ends up playing a huge role in the story later.

Probably on an alternative quest annoying the hell out of his friendly assistants then giving some cock and bull story about how he was the hero - only to make a lucrative book deal out of it later ala A Million Little Pieces.

Nintendo's E3 offerings were definitely on the weaker side this year, but this... this... oh boy, game of the show right here!

The gameplay footage started to roll... I saw Paper Mario... I went pretty nuts... a new Paper Mario, yes!... but wait, it's on 3DS, I hope it's not another Sticker Star... hey, wait, isn't that... no... OMG MARIO & LUIGI/PAPER MARIO CROSSOVER?!

I never in a million years thought I'd be seeing the two most prolific Mario RPG series appearing in the same game, but hey, I'm not complaining! I'm a little disappointed that it's more Mario & Luigi than it is Paper Mario (in a way it's actually quite depressing that the paper plumber is now reduced to a supporting role in a handheld RPG series to keep him afloat) but I'll take what I can and it looks pretty nifty nevertheless. It's Paper Mario, it's traditional RPG mechanics, it can't be any worse than Sticker Star at least! I just hope this fixes some of Dream Team's problems and doesn't descend into endless, frustrating padding.

My only real gripe - the game being called "Paper Jam Bros." in Europe. I realise it carries on from "Dream Team Bros." (another weird name change) but it just totally spoils the "Paper Jam" pun. Eh, I'll get over it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having Bros. doesn't even make sense with two Marios.

It'd be like adding Bros. to Bowser's Inside Story.

Having Bros. doesn't even make sense with two Marios.

It'd be like adding Bros. to Bowser's Inside Story.

Dream team had multiple Luigis what your point

I'm kind of upset Paper Luigi isn't joining the adventure, it seems like a real missed opportunity.

Almost half an hour of gameplay from the Nintendo Treehouse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GtGfLd2eKE

I'm kind of upset Paper Luigi isn't joining the adventure, it seems like a real missed opportunity.

Paper Luigi TALKS. And we just can't have that.

So, here's Starlow. Hope you like her. Because I don't.

Starlow is balls, I can concur.

As for Paper Bowser talking, the other Bowser calls him out for knockoff insults in the reveal trailer, so I can't imagine that he won't be talking.

• Thumbs Up 1

Starlow's been around since 2009 bro, she's staying...whether we like it or not. God I miss Stufwell....

Paper Luigi TALKS. And we just can't have that.

So, here's Starlow. Hope you like her. Because I don't.

I want the names of the people on the development that do. Just to see if they exist.