Awoo.

The Legend Of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Klinsy

No, not a remake of Sonic Heroes with The Legend Of Zelda characters.

It's a new Legend Of Zelda game for 3DS which seems to be a new  version of the Four Sword series.

The twist is that it takes place in a fashion based worlds and you can use various outfits to get different abilities.

As with the past Four Sword games, it's a mutiplayer based experience with using team work to get through dungeons, though you can still play single player.

Are you ready to save the world, hero?

https://youtu.be/7CMp3UzBPWs

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm just glad it actually has online play. While I was watching it I feared Nintendo would stick to their usual guns and dismiss it with their "local co-op is better anyways" routine (and I agree, but it's not 2002 anymore). I'm glad they're finally learning.

Looks like a fun time for me and friends while we're out on the town. Why only three players, though?

Looks like a fun time for me and friends while we're out on the town. Why only three players, though?

Notice that there were only Green, Red, and Blue and no Vio?  Who else has those colors?  Why these girls, the Goddesses/Oracles:

Nayru-Din-Farore.JPG

It's not clear to me exactly how serious this game is meant to be.  Right now it looks sort of arcadey, more Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures than Minish Cap.  We can't know that for sure, though.

Why only three players, though?

They claim the totem was too tall with four players.

Ok...

I'd have liked this a LOT better if it actually featured multiple characters. But nope, its just Four Swords. But without the Four Sword. The outfits concept is also really lame, too...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok...

I'd have liked this a LOT better if it actually featured multiple characters. But nope, its just Four Swords. But without the Four Sword. The outfits concept is also really lame, too...

I was also thinking that this would've been more interesting as co-op with Zelda and a third character.  The fact that it's just three Links again is part of what makes it look like such a throwaway experience to me.  I'm... neutral on the outfits, but overall I'm not sure how much this looks like Zelda.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_nq1qnz6dYj1rzxhn7o1_500.png

Crossdressing Link.

That seals it. Best Zelda game.

Tenouttaten.

Twas fortold by Ian Sampson:

link63dressed_sml_by_tran4of3-d6zt4m6.jp

And this was done back in 2013

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm a big fan of this sort of partner mechanic in Zelda, so I've got pretty high hopes for this. Also the costumes seem like a fun way to vary up your abilities a bit.

...so what does it say that we got a Link that can crossdress before a girl Link?

I just played the game at Best Buy today. SUPER fun, but I don't think I actually beat any of the stages. My siblings hadn't played ALBW so they weren't used to the mechanics. Also the Zelda dress is very useful. The sharing health bar thing can make things bad quickly, and since it makes hearts appear more often, it's a must.

Definitely going to buy it, I can't wait!

So I'm not sure if many of you guys knew this this game is playable in the best buy stores and if your interested in trying it out go for it.

I've got to try it out a couple times myself today and this game is surprisingly fun. There was not alot of people today and so I was playing the game with the staff that was working there and they are super cool and nice and playing through the levels and working with them was pretty fun. The game has some clever puzzles that require all three links to work together and its pretty cool passing through each puzzle and making progress with your teammates.

I can see online being a NIGHTMARE in this game because everyone shares the hearts and it only takes one troll to mess everything up so I highly recommend to have 2 other friends to play with if you plan to do coop and stuff and make progress because I can tell the levels are not easy. At least not all of them.

Anyways it was fun. Just hope you got 2 friends either online or offline to play with. Its more fun that way. I'm not sure if I'll get it because I don't know anyone who will play this with me. Certainly not my brother.

Straight from the game's director, we have the following story-related information on the game: It's not set in Hyrule, the princess isn't Zelda, and he doesn't know where it goes on the timeline.

...Considering that the game comes out later this year, the fact that it's so disconnected from Zelda lore suggests to me that they really aren't taking this game very seriously.

Hey I got the perfect hero dub for this Link. We shall call him Link - The Hero of FASHION! He'll defeat evil at every turn with his sword and his fabulous style attire! XD

I'm sorry the premise is just so hilarious that I can't help but laugh at it. Link saves the world of fashion, I mean he can say that with a straight face.

With joking aside the gameplay does look fun and it makes me wonder how much chaos will ensue in co-op with online players trying to work together. Will it work nice and smoothly like Splatoon or would it be about as chaotic as SomecallmeJohnny and Andre from Gamexplain trying to get through Four Sword Adventures Co-op? One thing we know for sure is that the puzzles are centered around teamwork.

Straight from the game's director, we have the following story-related information on the game: It's not set in Hyrule, the princess isn't Zelda, and he doesn't know where it goes on the timeline.

...Considering that the game comes out later this year, the fact that it's so disconnected from Zelda lore suggests to me that they really aren't taking this game very seriously.

Zelda lore is a silly thing to be concerned about.

The game itself obviously isn't super-serious, but that doesn't mean they aren't just as focused on making a fun and unique experience as always.

I'd rather have it not be canon like Hyrule Warriors...

What would the harm be if it was canon, though?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy...I can tell this IGN interview won't sit well with some people.

IGN: So earlier, I brought up the similarities in the approach. The outfits remind me of gear-driven games like Monster Hunter and MMOs. Part of what ties into equipment-driven games is a player has a choice between choosing a male or female. I'm curious if, in this game, players will have a choice between a male avatar or a female avatar, especially since the story doesn't seem tied to a specific gender?

Hiromasa Shikata: I’m going to tell you a little bit about the story quickly and we'll circle around, here. There's this kingdom, an event happens, and the king needs heroes. So, he puts out a call for heroes to gather and one of those is this guy Link. He sees this audition, basically, ‘Heroes needed; apply here.’ And, that's the start of his adventure.

The story calls for this sort of legend/prophecy where heroes will come together to help solve a problem. And in that, they are male characters. So, because the game is set with that as the story background, you cannot choose a gender; you are a male character.

IGN: I guess I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't express some slight disappointment with that, especially because there is a Zelda outfit Link wears in the game. It just feels like it's one step closer to giving the Zelda series' female audience the chance to explore that universe from another perspective.

Shikata: Understood. I understand what you're saying, and just as general information, we do have a lot of female staff members who are playing this game and enjoying it. It doesn't seem to be a big issue to them. They still are getting emotional investment in this game. And to be honest, Link isn't the most masculine of guys in the world, depending on how you want to project yourself into the character.

"There are no female characters because the legend calls for heroes which is an inherently male-only concept"

Moronic

Concerning the first answer, I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume that when questioned, he didn't exactly know what type of answer to give. As in, he didn't want to give an honest/blunt answer (presumably that they generally prefer the Link-esque heroes to all be male or admit they never really thought about the idea) or refused to answer that question for the implications either choice would had brought, and wanted to take a third option he hoped wouldn't offend anybody.

The second answer though seems more half a case where he never really put much thought into the response and the other half of trying to spin his response in a positive light, both without really considering the implications of his first answer brought (especially when taking cultural differences into account).

Regardless, in both cases the answer(s) he ultimately gave sorta implies what people would accuse them of being with that decision, but either doesn't explicitly state it and/or brings in something else to use as an justification/excuse.

At least that's my take on the entire thing.

"There are no female characters because the legend calls for heroes which is an inherently male-only concept"

Moronic

The direct word used is "Yushi", which is a decidedly masculine term in Japan (in Japanese context, the call to arms is directed specifically at heroes, or brave men, rather than heroines. The language is stricter than English). So in this case, the director isn't being an ass in that way. You could still argue why write the story that way, though.

• Thumbs Up 3