Awoo.

The Legend Of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Klinsy

IGN: I guess I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't express some slight disappointment with that, especially because there is a Zelda outfit Link wears in the game. It just feels like it's one step closer to giving the Zelda series' female audience the chance to explore that universe from another perspective.

I'm not exactly sure how crossdressing Link counts as a step closer.

Hyrule Warriors has how many female player characters? And it's a spinoff, too.

If you had to compare the two, it's not really a step closer. More like a tiptoe, honestly.

Shikata: Understood. I understand what you're saying, and just as general information, we do have a lot of female staff members who are playing this game and enjoying it. It doesn't seem to be a big issue to them. They still are getting emotional investment in this game. And to be honest, Link isn't the most masculine of guys in the world, depending on how you want to project yourself into the character.

I beg to differ.

tumblr_nqu4ht92Kz1r1alb2o1_250.png

• Thumbs Up 3

"There are no female characters because the legend calls for heroes which is an inherently male-only concept"

Moronic

That's funny too since Twilight Princess introduced a female warrior named Ashei.

I don't understand why there can be 3 "not-Link" males in multi-player but not a playable female character. The reason that guy gave was pretty flimsy that it was for story related reasons and the king is apparently sexist. I mean why can't women apply to the call for heroes as well? Just asinine. 

It is rather odd.  There are certainly plenty of Japanese heroines in print and film to demonstrate that the basic concept of a female battling and defending if not a foreign concept to the culture.

That's funny too since Twilight Princess introduced a female warrior named Ashei.

I don't understand why there can be 3 "not-Link" males in multi-player but not a playable female character. The reason that guy gave was pretty flimsy that it was for story related reasons and the king is apparently sexist. I mean why can't women apply to the call for heroes as well? Just asinine. 

I don't have too much of a problem with it only being three males. Its pretty obvious the real reason is this is a cheap budget game and they didn't want to create a player character model, but honestly, I feel like this game would've fared much better if they allowed you to play as actually different characters.

In fact, I got really excited when I saw the name "Tri Force Heroes," because I've had this idea for some time where its a Zelda multiplayer game like say "Four Swords Heroes," but with the concept of Hyrule Warriors; having multiple playable characters from throughout the series. Then we just had three Link recolors... And my hype sunk.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do think that the real reason we're not looking at playable Zelda here is because it is Three Swords; the player characters don't actually matter in any kind of narrative sense - even less so than in the actual Four Swords games, somehow - so they're just Link clones, or in the context of single-player, literal motionless dummies that you can possess.  I really want to see a Link-Zelda co-op game - a.k.a. Spirit Tracks without the Phantom medium - but this is just so clearly not a game where character matters.  Zelda: Federation Force Heroes.

I'm not quite so bitter about it as I was, but I'm just surprised that Nintendo absolutely kind of threw the 3DS away when it came to Zelda.  Two remakes, one half-remake, and a multiplayer spin-off that is of canonically equal relevance to Link's Crossbow Training.  It's so strange that they haven't made a real, fully original title for the system.  Zelda U must be just sucking them dry.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You thought you could play with your friends across the pond in this game? Think again.

How is the online play? Lag-free?

If you have a strong connection, it plays beautifully. If you have rubbish internet, like me, it slows down the game to a horrible crawl for everyone to keep everything in sync. So, get on a good connection before you play I guess.

Also, you can only play with people on the same region. That should help with latency issues, but is a shame if you wanted to play with friends from around the world.

Also, there's no voice support. When we played, we had to use Skype to communicate. You can send quick emoji-like messages ("over here!" "Totem up" "Item!") which should help out, but if someone doesn't understand the puzzle or how to defeat a boss it will be infuriating.

Edited by Athena Cykes

I don't find it that surprising, but it is disappointing considering distance isn't much of a factor in connection quality anymore. There were quite a few people in Europe I wanted to play with, from here and other places. Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The newest trailer that was put up yesterday reveals that the princess is Styla, who has been robbed of her style, forcing her into a black one-piece suit.  The trailer is narrated by her, showing what to expect in gameplay, some people even theorizing that it's Caitlyn "Cammy White" Glass.  TBBH, the voice acting is PERFECT.

*cue angry mod supression squad*

Bear with me:  How many games have had good fully-voiced acting?  Three, the BSX games and Tetra Trackers.  Not to mention Sound and Drama which had Hikaru "Marth" Midorikawa  And those were in Japanese.  So why should the English releases be barred this luxury...  without pointing to the CDi games:  Those don't count.

And I am still pumped for this game since there is costume making similar to the item crafting in Skyward Sword.  Meaning that you can get the materials by going through the dungeons or fighting monsters.

Edited by Tailikku

• 2 weeks later...

So we've gotten a bunch of information about this game since E3 I'm surprised nobody here is talking about it.

Let's start with the bad news:

You can play online but only with those in your region. So if you were in NA and was hoping to play with some friends in EU then sorry. It's stupid I know. At least the game has online in some capacity unlike the new super mario bros games but it's still stupid http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/the-legend-of-zelda-tri-force-heroes-online-multiplayer-is-region-locked/

Good News:

The preview trailer that explains the features of the game 

And here's the opening cutscene 

Gamexplain have already showed off some levels and boss fights in their channel so give it a watch when you can.

So we've gotten a bunch of information about this game since E3 I'm surprised nobody here is talking about it.

Let's start with the bad news:

You can play online but only with those in your region. So if you were in NA and was hoping to play with some friends in EU then sorry. It's stupid I know. At least the game has online in some capacity unlike the new super mario bros games but it's still stupid http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/the-legend-of-zelda-tri-force-heroes-online-multiplayer-is-region-locked/

I definitely did mention this if you look slightly up.

Well, according to IGN's "rewind" of the latest trailer you can fully download play this game without any issues. And they literally said fully; you can do anything in the game using download play, and if other players don't have their own cartridge, they can still save their status, costumes, everything.

Anyone else heard about this?

Codes are going out in the US at least for a prerelease demo.  One for the recipient and two for friends.  Unfortunately, it appears to be mostly three-person local play, which means I can't use it much, as I don't have a local 3DSer to play with.  There are three windows of online coop available this weekend though, so I'll probably try that.

Anyone want a code?  (Don't know if they'll work outside the US/NA)

Codes are going out in the US at least for a prerelease demo.  One for the recipient and two for friends.  Unfortunately, it appears to be mostly three-person local play, which means I can't use it much, as I don't have a local 3DSer to play with.  There are three windows of online coop available this weekend though, so I'll probably try that.

Anyone want a code?  (Don't know if they'll work outside the US/NA)

US codes only works with US Consoles

But here is two EU codes:

B0HJDV5B14DFGD20 

B0HJP2LH2L3STRL3