Awoo.

Vote for SONIC to come to Xbox One!

EthanEmerald

Sonic fans, make your voice heard! Microsoft is asking on its Xbox Uservoice which games you want brought to its Xbox One console. Here is a list of Sonic games you can show your support for (you can vote for more than one or all of these games):

Also, you can vote for these Xbox titles to run natively in Windows 10 (phones, PCs, tablets, etc.) at these two suggestions:

You may have to sign in with your Facebook or Microsoft Account (or create an account) to vote.

But whether you have an Xbox One console or not (I don't, yet), I hope you can see why this would be good for Sonic.

Can I vote for le cynicism post so fanny I am posting on le GAF lel

Seriously though, you need to vote for the games for them to be backwards compatible? Eh whatever

• Thumbs Up 2

How the hell does 06 have so many votes?

When companies do votes like this, trolling tends to ensue because various trolling communities organize "attacks" on the poll.

I've seen it happen with tournaments where you vote for who wins a fight, but this is logical for such a tactic as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Free Riders only has 74 votes.  Why is that so funny to me?

But really, voting for backwards compatibility seems like such a silly marketing move.  You know, having people compete to see which games that should work by default because you spent $500 on the machine just sounds a little underhanded.

• Thumbs Up 3

Microsoft isn't just going to do games that do well here. It's just to show what gamers are interested in.

• Thumbs Up 1

You all and your fancy schmancy 3D sanic games. I'm just hoping that Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection becomes compatible. There are so many good classics on there that I want to play on the Xbone.

Sonic Free Riders only has 74 votes.  Why is that so funny to me?

But really, voting for backwards compatibility seems like such a silly marketing move.  You know, having people compete to see which games that should work by default because you spent $500 on the machine just sounds a little underhanded.

The reason are licensing issues. I didn't understand this at first but I think it's because Xbox One can't play games directly from disc. 

So they have to provide (of course free; you just have to put in the disc to prove that you own it) download versions and I think that's the reason they have to ask third party developers.

Of course they can't do everything at once so they try to make sure first that popular titles are supported.

And btw we have a different currency so I don't know for sure but I doubt X1 is 500$. It isn' t 2013 anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

k gaiz enough with the "Can I vote for <something stupid here>" posts.  It's getting really spammy.

• Thumbs Up 3

How the hell does 06 have so many votes?

It's a combination of a misleading title (Sonic the Hedgehog classic is under that but probably most of those people who voted didn't notice or read the comments. Even then some of those comments show support for 06 regardless).

I hope Sonic 06 is popular enough to be compatible with the Xbox One, because that could mean I'd be one step closer to owning it on Steam.

totally dead serious about it.