Awoo.

Your E3 2015 Highlights

Ryannumber1gamer

Now that the conferences are complete for the most part, it's time to discuss highlights from all the companies. Go ahead and discuss here.

My personal highlights:

-Rare Replay (The one Xbone game that might make me consider getting one in the future, along with Sunset Overdrive)

-Ratchet & Clank (OH MY GOD THIS GAME LOOKS SO FUCKING AMAZING, IT'S LIKE PLAYING A FUCKING PIXAR GAME IT LOOKS SO GOOD)

-Unraveled (Sounds like a creative game)

-South Park The Fractured but Whole (I am a massive South Park fan and I thought the Stick of Truth was brilliant, so I'm happy to hear that it's getting a sequel based on the Coon superhero episodes)

-Uncharted 4 (Every time we see new gameplay for this game, it feels like it looks even better and better every single time)

-Shenmue 3 (I'm not personally a fan of the series, seeing as I never played any in the series but I feel incredibly happy for the fans of the series that they are finally getting the conclusion they always wanted)

-Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Again, not really a Final Fantasy fan but the looks of the remake is beginning to convince me to give it a shot)

-Batman Arkham Knight (Words honestly don't describe how fucking hyped I am for Arkham Knight and seeing that gameplay trailer raised my excitement)

-Hitman (Looks like a really great evolution of the stealth gameplay Hitman is known for, with various ways to take down your targets)

-Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (I'm a fan of Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi series so seeing both of these series come together is going to be awesome) 

-KINGDOM HEARTS 3 (THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING. IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING TAKING FULL ADVANTAGE OF THE NEXT GEN GRAPHICS. THE GAMEPLAY LOOKS MORE BETTER THAN EVER WITH THE FREEFLOW MECHANICS ADDED IN, AND A TANGLED WORLD HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TCB

• Ryannumber1gamer

• azoo

• Carbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Rare Collection

Star Wars Battlefront

Mirror's Edge

Uncharted

Ghost Recon

Rainbow Six

The Division

Sony's triple bomb of TLG, FF7 & SHENMUE!

Batman!

Disney Infinity 3.0

Kingdom Hearts 3.

Yeeeeah this was a good E3!

I'm mostly if not at all just a Nintendo player. I'm happy and glad for the Sony fans. Looks like they delivered  some big guns this year.

Star Fox looks interesting but with NX in the near horizon I may as well skip the Wii U entirely and just have a backlog when NX comes out.

Mario and Luigi Paper Jam was my major highlight today. I was not expecting it . I always wondered what Alpha Dream was up to  but this just blow my mind away. 

other than that unless treehouse announces SOMETHING interesting unannounced then I will update my post but as of now. eh.

Only a few things caught my eye this time.

Rare Collection

Starfox Zero

Woolly World (Although I was always planning on getting it)

Recore

Horizon

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Transformers Devastation 

Cuphead

Xenoblade X

Beyond Eyes

Mirror's Edge Catalyst 

Ratchet

AC Syndicate.

There were a bunch of indie titles too, but yeah that's it really.

The only one I really paid attention to was the Bethesda one.  Maybe EA and Ubisoft but only for the laughs and cringe.  I gotta say though after looking at the footage from last night, I'm definitely excited for a few games out there.  Fallout 4 is a given buy with how much of a Bethesda fan I am but I might pick up the Last Guardian because it reminds me in a way of Shadow of Colossus.   I might get Battlefront but ONLY a bit after launch.

So far the reveals have been great and it is much MUCH better than last year. 

Italics are super hype

Bethesda

• Fallout 4
  • Dishonored 2

Microsoft

• Halo 5
  • Xbox 360 backwards compatibility
  • Tom Clancy's The Division
  • Beyond Eyes
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Gears of War 4
  • recore
  • Dark Souls 3

EA

• Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Ubisoft

• South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • Tom Clancy's The Division
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Trackmania Turbo

Sony

• Street Fighter V
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Final Fantasy VII: REMAKE

Nintendo

• Star Fox Zero
  • Fire Emblem Fates
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
  • Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros.

Square Enix

• Kingdom Hearts III

• First things first, Shenmue 3. That was THE highlight for me outta the whole event. To see it actually happening (Kickstarter blips notwithstanding, hopefully things won't go sour) is legitimately one of the most unexpected things to happen in the past several years.
  • Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam - it's the best of both the Mario PRG worlds, what's not to love about that?
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn looks to be one of those games that just 'clicks' with me. I love the premise and the environments.
  • StarFox Zero: Even more reason to get a Wii U. Plus PLATINUM GAMES SON.
  • Transformers Devestation: PLATINUM GAMES SOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
  • Uncharted 4, but of course I'll be looking forward to that. Will it top Uncharted 2? We gotta find out next year. 
  • Mirror's Edge

Well I'm still waiting to see what happens in that PC conference tonight, but right now:

South Park Fractured But Whole: I never expected to see a Stick of Truth sequel, so this was a very pleasant surprise. And it's based on the Coon & Friends episodes which are some of my all time favorites, so fuck yeah. I'm pre-ordering this one as soon as a release date is announced (although if Stick of Truth is any indication, I could end up waiting longer...and that's fine).

Dishonored 2: I don't really know much about it right now but if it's as good as the first, count me in.

Star Wars Battlefront: I'm still a bit disappointed that it looks like it will have less content that the decade-old Battlefront 2, but damn if what's been shown doesn't look amazing. And YES, LOCAL CO-OP! This is one of the few games where I KNOW I'll be using it. A lot.

Star Fox 0: I'm one of those people who only really thinks Star Fox 64 is the only great game in the series (and the original to a lesser extent), and this finally looks like the SF64 successor I've been wanting for years. Hyped as hell.

Firewatch: Some sort of first-person survival/mystery game? There might not be a ton of info yet but I'm definitely intrigued.

No Man's Sky: I'll be honest...I feel like this is one of those games that might end up being not as ambitious as it seems. Like maybe after you explore a few planets you'll start seeing a lot of repetition or something? But assuming it IS that good...wow.

Viewtiful Joe 3: Okay fine it didn't happen but ONE DAY MOMMA I SWEAR WE'LL FIND THIS PROMISED LAND *

*I do not actually expect to ever see VJ3, but you can not take away my dreams.

Honorable Mention: Sea of Thieves. When I first watched the trailer it had me hooked. Beautiful art direction and atmosphere, lots of potential, and I'm glad to see Rare at least attempting to get back on its feet after years of being Microsoft's Kinect monkeys...but then it turned out to be an MMO. I just don't get into multiplayer-heavy games like other people seem to on account of my experiences playing online games with random strangers. I just find it to be more frustrating than fun. That said, I'm still keeping an eye on Sea of Thieves just out of curiosity. And if it looks REALLY good regardless of being multiplayer-focused, it could re-kindle my interest.

Psst, make sure you guys expound on your choices a little so this isn't a list thread.

As for my personal highlights, these are the biggest ones I remember. Will probably add more once I start reviewing the news.:

- Rare Replay: I'm a big fan of Rare, particularly their platformers. Before my computer died, I was a Banjo playing nut. While it's a huge disappointment to not have a new one on the horizon (aside from Yooka Laylee), I'll take this bone they've tossed me.

- Last Guardian: I've never played an Team Ico game, and due to exclusivity I probably won't play this one either. I'm just glad to see it alive. I like it when franchises or games are resurrected, due to the joy it brings to those loyal fans.

- Zoid Hunting Game: completely forgot the name of this one so this is my pet name for it. It's the title where the woman hunter was taking down wild robots. Yeah, it's basically Zoid Hunting. Nonsensical but cool for coolness' sake. Aside from her constant dialogue, it was a good demonstration.

Star Fox Zero: This was a highlight for similar reasons as Last Guardian. Fox has languished a long time without a new console entry, so it's nice to see it return. But beyond that the gameplay looks really awesome, particularly the use of different vehicles.

Kingdom Hearts 3: Another title that took years to come to fruition. Never played KH outside of a DS title, but I've recently taken to finding myself interested in the lore, so now I want to see the ending as well. The combat also looks good, stylish and constantly moving. Also, the actual teasing leading up to it was priceless. You could feel the crowd's enthusiasm drop during that mobile game reveal.

• Fallout 4. I don't care if it doesn't look next gen, it looks great to me!
  • Kingdom Hearts 3!! So glad we finally saw something more than just a CG trailer and I was definitely not disappointed!
  • FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE
  • SHENMUE 3
  • Cuphead with its awesome animation inspired by Fleischer cartoons.
  • Beyond Eyes which looks like a painting come to life.
  • Horizon looking brilliant visually and concept wise.
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Starfox Zero
  • Mario & Luigi Paper Jam

Games like Xenoblade and Mario Maker I was already excited about so those don't really count. I have to admit, it's not a lot. Then again this has been an underwhelming E3 across the board.

You could feel the crowd's enthusiasm drop during that mobile game reveal.

The best part was the fact that straight after the mobile game reveal, there was absolutely no cheering whatsoever.

I only have a few titles this year that I'm like stupidly pumped for, even though I saw a lot I liked. I'm only gonna touch upon the ones I am SUPER excited for.

Halo 5: I am extremely excited for this, I love the Halo games a lot and I already had this one pre-ordered but all the recent stuff I have seen for it only has me more excited.

Nier: I never played the original Nier game but I saw a white haired girl with a sword and the fact that talent from PlatinumGames is involved? Hell yeah. I'm down for this entirely on the whole team assembled alone. This one is gonna be incredible.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: I liked the recent reboot. Never played the original titles out of lack of interest but the reboot really appealed to me, and this looks to do it for me as well. Really excited for this!

ReCore: Didn't see this one coming but the fact that Inafune is on a first party Microsoft title has me excited and I'm gonna definitely keep an eye on this. Looks interesting and I was so glad the dog became an orb to become a robot because while I like dogs, this dog trend in games is the new brown gritty shooter trend haha!

No Man's Sky: YEAH this looks like my jam, space adventures ahoy!

Other honourable mentions: Cuphead, Star Wars Battlefront, Dishonoured 2, and Fallout 4. All games I am gonna look out for.

Cautious optimism: I want to make my Wii U feel like a justified purchase (I only own three Wii U titles that aren't virtual console games and am disappointed in all three for context) I am somewhat stoked for Star Fox since PlatinumGames is involved. What I am not excited for is the prospect that the Gyro controls are not optional, if that is confirmed to be optional then you can include this game in my hyped list but as it stands I am not sure so....I'm only half excited haha.

StarFox Zero is the game I've been waiting for. Looks like an incredible return to form, and it's perfect that Platinum Games is involved. I'm so goshdang grateful that we're finally getting another one.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst is yet another game I've been waiting forever for, and I'm glad it's delivering the way it is. So ready for it.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is weird because I'm not really into it much, but I'm still really hype. I hope it's more like 1 than 2 by any means. Because the visuals and gameplay look incredible.

Just Cause 3 is looking like my jam. I dunno what I could say to put it down, because I can't.

Fallout 4 looks absolutely rad and I might pick up Fallout 3 and catch up on this series a bit so I can play 4.

Shenmue 3 is wow. Okay. Good.

Halo 5 looks great, definitely hype worthy.

Rock Band 4, WOO

FFVII Remake. Same as Shenmue. Wow.

And yeah. 

Super Mario Maker

My game of the show bar none, and one that I wasn't even excited about. Nintendo have turned this thing around in the most spectacular way possible and I desperately want to play this and create a bunch of stuff. This is how you make a level creator - it oozes creativity out of every socket and is the best kind of love letter to the Mario franchises passed. A stroke of genius that I didn't realize I want up until...

Nintendo World Championships

Cynicism be damned over circumstance of invitation; this thing was fun. It was the next best thing to fill the void left by the Smash Invitational and I loved seeing the things people came up with in this Nintendo event. I want it to be a staple in the future.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

I told myself that if a real Paper Mario sequel wasn't going to be announced then I could take solace in this being my second best game of the show since the original Stick of Truth scratched an itch that was left completely unfulfilled for a long time. While we eventually got a good compromise with Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, I'm still incredibly excited for this, though a bit worried about Obsidian not leading development this time.

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

For the most of the part, this is everything I could expect a Mirror's Edge sequel to be. Not much more can be said than that.

Star Wars: Battlefront

It feels like this is hitting all the right notes in terms of being that long awaited Star Wars game and quite honestly I do want to jump into that AT-AT.

Platinum Games

Star Fox Zero. Nier 2. Transformers Devastation. Are they the most capable developers in Japan right now? The major publishers are finally taking notice. I'm only really excited for the former because I have yet to play the first Nier, but I am very happy these guys have paid enough dues to get to this point.

Dishonored 2

The first is one of my favourites of all time, so I was eagerly anticipating this announcement. The trailer was beautiful, revealed an awesome new protagonist in the form of the former child Emily, gave a lot of hints about what to expect from the location and new powers and actually promised a Spring 2016 release.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

This was such an amazing curve ball after it being fairly soon after the last one and hearing absolutely nothing since. The name and premise alone has me excited at what is undeniably going to be the funniest game next year.

Horizon: Zero Dawn

The game that could finally see buy a PlayStation console may arrive next year. Despite it being the first we've heard or seen of this, they were able to show us gameplay instead of CGI/concept trailers. Just about everything that was there had me interested, save for the oddly placed voice acting, and I hope it delivers on its potential.

Fallout 4/Fallout Shelter

Yet another surprise was the Elder Scrolls/Fallout team arousing my interest in one of their games. The more attractive art style, improved shooter mechanics, customisation and loyal companion impressed me enough that I'm considering jumping aboard the overwhelmingly massive game that it will most assuredly will be. Not to forget Fallout Shelter of course. A free game that takes familiar themes from the series and looks to take full advantage of the platform? What a great way for me to get familiar with the universe before I jump in to the larger picture.

Truth be told, there are tons of games that intrigued me; such as Tomb Raider 2, Star Wars: Battlefront, Unravel, No Man's Sky, Dreams, The Last Guardian, Shenmue, Cuphead and Beyond Eyes.

Last-Guardian-600x337.jpg

The Last Guardian.

Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games and while Ico is very dated I have respect for it too. I'm glad the end of the trilogy is finally here after all this gime. Can't wait to see what Team Ico can do with modern hardware.

2015-06-15135921jpg-a3f10e_765w.jpg

Mirror's Edge: Catalyst 

Mirror's Edge was a game that had insane potential to be something great, but was clearly held back by budgeting and development issues. Now they have the chance to show just how far they can take the concept and I'm eager to see what comes of it.  Also, Faith is awesome and one of my favorite heroines just off of her design and coolness factor alone.

tumblr_nq21sxjovM1r0dp4jo5_1280.png

Kingdom Hearts III

One of my favorite franchises ever is finally getting the finale I've been waiting for for years and I couldn't be happier with how it's turning out. Faster paced, more chaotic, flashier gameplay, bigger worlds than ever before, absolutely STUNNING visuals...It'll be a while before we see it, but what they've shown so far only gets better and better.

1299848086399384212.png

Star Fox ZERO

I fully expected a new Starfox but it looks even better than expected. The gameplay is a bit slower than you'd expect from a Platinum games collab but it looks like the return to form the series needed so that's great. 

image22.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&strip=a

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Finally, the Uncharted 2 followup I've been waiting for after Uncharted 3 being a dissapointment. Everything about the gameplay seems to have evolved massively and the scale and visuals are a huge step up. Also, Sully's back. What's not to love?

There's also some stuff I talked about in other topics like Media Molecule's Dreams and Beyond Eyes. Overall a lot of good games came through this E3 even if the Conferences themselves werent all that

For the highlights of E3; these were the ones that really caught my attention so far:

Kingdom Hearts 3

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Shenmue 3

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Halo 5: Guardians

The Nintendo World Championships in general, most notably Reggie vs Hungrybox, XD. As for individual games, Super Mario Maker, Triforce Heroes, Starfox Zero, Rock Band 4, and the Final Fantasy 7 remake.  

Aside from the obvious (TLG, Shenmue, U4), I'm amazed we're getting fucking RPGs everywhere: FFVII Remake, Chibi FF, Star Ocean, Persona... then you add the ones already announced like FFXV, Tales; action-RPG-ish stuff like KH3, Dark Souls, DQ Heroes and goddamn Nier 2 and incredibly promising wRPGs like Horizon and Fallout 4...

Furthermore, the year isn't over. Level 5 was meant to show their new PS4 RPG but for some reason didn't (too much stuff already?), and Sony has a couple JRPG in progress. TGS '15 should prove quite interesting.

I'm already loving this gen.

• 3 weeks later...

The new Mirror's Edge really looked incredible at E3 this year. That was my personal highlight.