Awoo.

Rucdose

• 1 month later...

SSMB Direct 3.8.15 roundup! Watch the full thing up there. (sorry i premièred this in a live stream, it wasn't very long)

(and i didn't exactly give enough time to everything)

Anyway, let's get on with the news! First up, remember when I said that How to Play 202: Electric Boogaloo was cancelled due to my Wii U failing and such? Well.. I didn't exactly know at the time that Smash was getting YT Replays. So yes, it's still happening! Just, not right now though. I'll go into further detail on how to submit your videos in a later SSMB Direct (tease tease) So yeah, get your best smashes ready because we're pushing them up close and personal! Now then, can I ask you a question?

are you ready for freddy

That's right! The next How to Play I'm currently working on is a How to Play: FNAF. I'm gonna be covering all 4 games in this one big How to Play, and you'll be seeing it FIRST on SSMB Directly on October 31st! So if a evening of spending a spooky holiday with your SSMB buddies watching skeletons and spooky-wooky animatronic bears is your kind of thing, then make sure you join us! More details to come soon-ish.

Now then, onto what you can expect to see on SSMB Directly very, very soon!

First thing is that starting tomorrow, we'll be hosting a Gamescom week on the channel! We'll be watching this year's conferences such as Microsoft's and EA's (and not much else, really) while also going back in time to watch some older Gamescom stuff to see how they fucked up! So make sure you join us for that! And then later this week on Saturday, I'll be doing a testrun of Rare Replay on SSMB Daily so that I can test Youtube's stream feature for something that once I get a good impression on, I'll be considering new things for the channel! So you can find that on Saturday at the same time the Microsoft conference is on Tuesday.

But if seeing a testrun of Rare Replay isn't that fun for you, don't worry because I'm very, VERY pleased to announce that EVENTUALLY I'll be making a grand total of 30 HOW TO PLAYS based on Rare's many games to celebrate their 30 years of their track record being somewhat comparable to Sonic's in a number of ways, now that I think about it.

What about the channel itself? Well, soon enough I'll be adding more stuff to the schedules and to the chat and such. At the moment, I'm planning much more emotes, occasional Movie Nights, replacements for the god awful :squid: emotes and MOOORE. I'm also planning to make updates to this thread a Bi-weekly thing! So if you're not getting a update next week for example, you'll be getting one the week after (which you will probably actually get). So yeah, in summary:

• How to Play 202 is happening, How to Play the FNAF series is habbening and 30 Rareware themed How to Plays are happening
  • This week, you can watch some Gamescom stuff and a test of Rare Replay on Saturday to test Youtube Streams
  • More emotes, more stream content such as Movie Nights and the like are coming and I'll be posting a update every other week! (next update is due for the 17th!)

That's all for today, but make sure to join us tomorrow for Gamescom week and stay tuned for further updates. Bye!

• Thumbs Up 2

ANNOUNCEMENT TIIIIME

Officially announcing that the next SSMB Direct is being worked on at this point in time and that it's current release date is the 17th of August! (9 days from now!!)

Unlike the last one, this one's planned to be actually worth streaming and I'm aiming for a length size of 10-15 minutes! Join us to find out what's coming up in terms of special events/streams, what the hell is gonna go down on Directly on October 31st and some news on upcoming How to Plays (including a concept trailer for How to Play FNAF*!!!) and things coming to both my and the Game Night YT channels soon!

*name not final (wink wink nudge nudge)

Alongside this, I want to hear from YOU (yes, you) about what sort of feature/thing you'd like to see come to SSMB Directly/the Game Night YT channel in the future! Follow THIS link to the voting status, comment what you'd like to see and your vote is officially cast! The cutoff for this is on the 15th of August, about a week from now, so make sure you cast your vote before then!

Edited by Rucdose
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a substitute Direct post instead of the video, because fucking hell

Spent all of last night working on it, then the fucking power goes out right before I finish the audio on it and all my progress is fucking wiped clean off the state of the earth

I probably won't be doing another SSMB Direct. These update posts are easier anyway.

So first of all, How to Spend FNAF is coming out October 31st once again, and it'll be shown live through our special Halloween event on October 31st. We'll be showing spooky movies and such, so it'll be a fun night. A finalized schedule hasn't been planned yet, because I'm going to be debuting a poll for what you guys want to see shown sometime in the next few weeks. Regardless of that though, How to Spend FNAF will be the first thing shown at the event, so if you're not keen on movies, then you can still come to watch something Rucdose nearly shit himself scared making.

Next of all, SSMB Directly is going to have a special OCCASIONAL thing come to it in the very near future, and that'll be Musical Thursdays! Think of it as Felix's Movie Nights, but with the concept of showing a movie be replaced with the concept of watching a musical. We're looking at September 17th to start it all, and our first event will be Shrek The Musical! So if you have a hankering for Ogre's and gross humanized looking ogres, then make sure you stop by! We'll be bringing up a questionnaire in our next update to ask you lot what times and such you'd prefer.

Some new improvements are coming to the stream in the near future, such as the fact that a Livestream mirror of the stream is currently being planned and that mirror will also help us show things that you can't exactly find on YT! That mirror will launch on the first Musical Thursdays as well, but more on that coming soon! We're also bringing along a over-abundance of emotes to the stream in the future and some other shit too, but more on that in a later tiime.

Now, I have to announce that HTP202 will be on a bit of development hiatus up until I regain access to a Wii U. I know that YT replays were recently added to the game and I could use that to get you guys to submit your stuff, but it's a bit of a bother for everyone who wants to submit something to be expected to have a YT channel and to be able to upload it as well. So officially, HTP202 is not being worked on until at least December. When that time comes round, I'll let you know when to submit stuff.

One last thing I'd like to announce is that SSMB Directly as a whole will soon be retooled a bit as well into both SSMB Directly and something that represents something more of a personal stream for myself. If that makes any sense.

That's it for today, make sure you join us for the Shrek and Halloween events. Bye!

• Thumbs Up 2