Awoo.

Anyone else think that Sonic should crossover with other series?

kdotj24

I'm not talking about the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games stuff. I'm talking an actual spinoff. I'd love to see him in a crossover with Crash Bandicoot, as the character was inspired by Sonic. Ristar and Alex Kidd spinoffs don't sound too bad either. Anyone else see what I'm thinking?

I mean, if one gets announced out of the blue, then I'll provide it with open arms and stay optimistic regarding it as more and more information starts to gets released. Though, I don't really have a desire for one to just happen randomly come out of the blue. I'm personally interested in the next main Sonic games to see where Sonic goes next on his own adventure, and hopefully see SonicTeam's improvements, new ideas, etc. Also quite fine with how Sonic does crossover with some other series, but it's kept to a good amount not to make it something entirely else (Sonic Lost World Yoshi and Legend of Zelda DLC are good examples off a minor crossover that comes out of the blue, but doesn't go full blown). 

That's just how I feel. 

What's the point of crossing over with a bunch of dead series?

...at any rate, I feel like crossovers are better saved for when a series already has its own business sorted out. At the moment it would feel like it's just being done for attention.

Which, granted, is probably why most crossovers happen already, but it'd feel more desperate.

I still think Shadow not being an unlockable character in Jet Set Radio is such a wasted opportunity 

i do hope that what will end up being an even more detailed, fine tuned

open world engine for the new Legend of Zelda will be used with Sonic. :)

i guess that would be like a crossover in the best possible way, in that Sonic and hopefully at least Tails and Knuckles would be able to cross over a wild amount of open world zone scapes. 

it would not have to be the only type of zone, but, there is a lot of potential; i have written before that, it seems more like sega is waiting until the technology/engine is the best possible, then will give it a go.   

I don't want to sound snippy, but Sonic has already been going through an identity crisis for a long time. Even more so with Lost World and Boom that dips heavily into "familiar" styles, I should say? Crossing over probably isn't the best idea. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic did though, especially with the Zelda and Yoshi DLC though. And the general feel of base Lost World.

I can honestly see Sonic and Mirror's Edge working in some form, or perhaps Sonic and Jet Set Radio.

well I mean as far as cross over ideas for sonic goes it would be really hard to find any I mean its not like there's any current crossovers going on right now in any other forms of media with any real chance of being turned into a game though I guess if there is one I could pick it would have to be..

ok lets face it you know what I mean worlds collide needs to get made into a game by Capcom and sega and archie comics

SMMconexcl.jpg

I know that some parts about it would have to get changed but think about it wouldn't it be neat to play as sonic and megaman and take down the 10 (tails man and rouge woman sadly aren't in this picture) robotized masters then fight dr eggman and wily

It's not like Archie Comics would team up with IDW to make a crossover between Sonic and My Little Pony that ultimately includes a race between Sonic and Rainbow Dash, the likes of which would utterly destroy all of Ponyville!

I can honestly see Sonic and Mirror's Edge working in some form, or perhaps Sonic and Jet Set Radio.

First Person Sonic annyone ?

Mario would be the obvious choice (and something not Olympic related for once). That and I guess Mega Man. They already crossed over in the comics, so why not the games?

Crossing over with Crash? Such silly little ideas, you need to embrace true greatness: "Mario & Sonic go to Whitecastle".

Somewhat less entirely factious, Sonic crossing over with Klonoa: a thinly veiled reason for Hirokasu Yasuhara to work on a Sonic game again.

The idea of a real Mario and Sonic platformer, I'm not sure what you'd expect to get out of it, realistically you'd be looking at one of a few things: sonic just playing like a Mario character (so basically Lost World, bah dum tish), alternating between playing as one or the other complete with all the annoyances that brings while not actually contributing anything to the whole, or Sonic and Mario stuck together chaotix style... Sort of. It probably wouldn't make much sense to literally just do the springy connection, so it would play out more like Banjo Kazooie, except the only thing Mario consistently does that that sonic doesn't is some form of temporary flight, and carrying things.

More likely a better option, making an RPG crossover, preventing the two characters from figuratively stepping on each other's toes when you have to play it, and likely offering more of what I imagine people actually coming to this game for, the character interactions. Of course, if I were making it, there would be a new game plus mode where Tidus from FF X is also be there for some reason, obnoxiously claiming it to be his story.

Instead of Sonic and Crash, there should be a crossover between Sonicman and the guy in the Crash costume from those commercials for the first few games.

Lol. Didn't Sonic recently start crossing over with other series like Angry Birds.

angry_birds_sonic_dash_epic_sega.jpg

Edit: Sonic also had crossovers with the Zelda series, Nights, and Yoshi in Sonic Lost World with DLC.

The more I think about it the more I think that Metroid, of all things, may be one of the only franchises with which Sonic can realistically crossover with from a gameplay perspective. Sonic Adventure 2 already had light Metroidvania elements with the ability to find upgrades in levels and then go back and use them and uncover new routes in earlier levels. Meanwhile Samus's Morph-Ball makes he one of the only characters I can think of who could actually navigate Sonic's level design as intended. The big issue with that is just how different the two franchises are from a story and setting perspective. Actually crossing over in the first place is the easy part (Chaos Control is like the ultimate crossover facilitator), figuring out what your going to do with it once you've crossed over on the other hand is going to be a challenge.

As for the best franchise to crossover with plot-wise?

megaman%2Bsonic.jpg

Yeah, Mega Man, big surprise.

Not sure if this counts as a spinoff but a crossover fighting game with Capcom (Sega x Capcom) using Marvel 3's engine.

That'd be fun as heck for me, especially if I have Sonic, Phoenix Wright, and Vyse on my team.

Not sure if this counts as a spinoff but a crossover fighting game with Capcom (Sega x Capcom) using Marvel 3's engine.

That'd be fun as heck for me, especially if I have Sonic, Phoenix Wright, and Vyse on my team.

Sega vs Capcom with mvc3 gameplay? as long as most of the sega roster is sonic characters i'm sold :D

I'd want a Sonic X Jet Set Radio, really.

Both games are energetic, both games are (sorta) fast, and both games are all about attitude. The games just really want to express themselves.

And if that can't happen, make one of the characters (if possible, unlockable) in the next Jet Set Radio eerily similar to a character of the Sonic universe. If another Jet Set Radio ever happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind a Sonic into Dreams kinda crossover, but NiGHTS hasn't really been popular since like... the year it released. NiGHTS is a good candidate because the power of dreams type of fantasy is something that hasn't been explored yet in Sonic's series.

But then the two series are similar enough that it may as well be a new NiGHTS game then, right?

I could kind of see a Sonic and Rayman crossover working. It always felt like Sonic would be able to fit in with the recent 2D Rayman games; specifically Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends.

My dream crossover game since playing the first NiGHTS has been a Sonic/NiGHTS crossover game, a la Generations. 50/50 the game play styles of each. While they are radically different in terms of what they do, at their heart lies a classic, arcade-like style of game play that I think could coexist very nicely. Streamline some of NiGHTS gameplay to help keep a more steady flow and you're golden. The NiGHTS stuff in Lost World really helped fuel that dream for me, though I know it will never happen.