Awoo.

Is it ok to like sonic?

Baraksha

I see so much hate for sonic around the internet that im starting to feel ashamed to be a sonic fan, I keep telling myself to ignore it, but it's just everywhere, what if there is a reason everyone hates sonic, are we wrong for liking sonic?

Is it ok that sonic is my primery frenchise?

• Thumbs Up 3

I know, like I said I keep telling myself that, but all of this hate around him starting to make me feel dipresed a bit, I feel like im the only one who still likes sonic games, and yes I know it's not true, but that's how it feels

I even starting to see hate raward the freaking classic games, and im not talking about 3D blast I mean the actuall 1,2,cd, 3 & knuckles

Another question.

Why bother?

You should enjoy your interests because of what you like about them. Listening to that kind of stuff makes no sense. Don't make others decide what you think of your interests. You should do that yourself.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why not? I'm not gonna let a few tools who adhere to popular opinion ruin my experiences with the Blue Blur. Yeah, there are people out there with completely legitimate reasons to not like Sonic the Hedgehog, but this is all subjective, so there's no reason to be ashamed of liking what you like. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I know, like I said I keep telling myself that, but all of this hate around him starting to make me feel dipresed a bit, I feel like im the only one who still likes sonic games, and yes I know it's not true, but that's how it feelsI even starting to see hate raward the freaking classic games, and im not talking about 3D blast I mean the actuall 1,2,cd, 3 & knuckles

• Thumbs Up 2

i know how you feel.. i had the same sensation at the real life..a time ago.. but the fact that i like something that my real life friends not.

i think its makes me feel more unique :)

besides people should respect other's likes as the way their likes are respected too...

but try to not get  totally ifluenced by negativity... there is a lot of good things about this franchise and many points of view about it..and there is no need to feel shame about it..

Sonic franchise is not that bad as others can say..  .. i just say.. :huh:

• Thumbs Up 2

I want to make one thing perfectly clear, I am not going to stop enjoy sonic games because of all of this hate, it's just that sometimes I see people who want to express why they love a sonic game or something that is sonic and people imidietly jump on it and bash it and try to prove that person wrong wotch turned me off from comenting on sonic even if I like because ilI feel like it's not worth it, now that I think of it this is probably why I see more haters because because it's more popular then liking

Well, that's what forums like this are for. It's a place to discuss the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise without getting attacked by insecure losers who have nothing better to do than attack people who like Sonic the Hedgehog.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeh, I only started going to this forum recently, until then I hanged in a sonic the hedgehog group on facebook with over 15,000 members,and most people there are now hating on sonic dash 2 because it's sonic boom

I see so much hate for sonic around the internet that im starting to feel ashamed to be a sonic fan, I keep telling myself to ignore it, but it's just everywhere, what if there is a reason everyone hates sonic, are we wrong for liking sonic?

Is it ok that sonic is my primery frenchise?

Of course it is! :)

Why wouldn't it be? I mean, if you enjoy the series, why the heck not?!

my ninja if you enjoy it, then it's ok. Don't listen to the comments from sonic reviews. Alot of people don't have a reason to hate Sonic, they do just to spite people on purpose. 

Brotha, I'm a professional wrestling fan. You know how hard that is? The Sonic fanbase has it easier.

Add in Power Rangers and you got me.

Fandom's have a bad habit of hating the thing they love just all around. Sometimes it's called for (06, Most of the WWE's decision's, Operation Overdrive) I keep giving Fandoms a hard time but sometimes they can kill your enjoyment of a property.

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course it's ok. It's your opinion and you're 100% entitled to it. Who cares what others think?

Hell, within certain parts of the Sonic fanbase, I feel like I should feel bad for having Eggman as my favorite character. Of course, these parts of the fanbase are generally REALLY young and think Mephiles was the best villain ever because he "killed" Sonic.

Normally, when you reach the point where people can't respect preferences, that's when you just go about your merry way.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, I feel the same way. But it's fine to like Sonic if you ask me.

And if it isn't, well, surely we can find a special group out there.

guys, I think what he's trying to say is "Is likeing sonic the "right" thing to do?" or "Is sonic bad and am I too stupid to realize it?" While I do belive in "the one and only truth" I feel way too often people are trying to be "objective" to such an extreme level, why? because they "want to be right" and they "want to be smart"! This isn't to discredit the people who actually use smart reasoning whether for or against the franchise, what's most important really is that you just be honest with your self, "Do you really like it, or are you just pretending?" "Why do you like it?" but most importantly "Why does it even matter?"

...No seriously, its just a video game! Don't try to make a big deal about it when it isn't one! You will regret it! These feelings you feel are much more real and valuble when they are felt towards another person, someone else with another soul! I would know all this from experience, aside from spending 4 years trying to find the true appeal of sonic, what I learned afterward, in real life, was much more valuble! I actually chatted with 5 other sonic fans on a twitch chat very recently, trying to defend 2006, and I must say...It's a much different story than seeing all this "SONIC IS DEAD" comments on youtube, and having BS nonsence arguments with strangers! They didn't agree with me (of course) but it didn't matter! What mattered was that we were taliking to each other and listening and were able to actually understand each other very well, heck we ended up just laughing it off and it ending up bieng a returning gag later on! You'd never see that happen on text! (at least I would assume...its possible!)

So what did I decide to do about it? Well everytime I bump into someone who says BS about Sonic or seems misgiuded about it, I just show them this:

P.S. Click on the "youtube" option to see the full playlist! (sonic 2, cd, 3&k reviews as well!)

hopefully you found this advice to be good! I would love it if you gave me feedback or asked me questions about anything really! (i'm a pretty open person, you couldn't get too private with me if you tried...figuretively speaking!)

I think that is okay you like Sonic, because Sonic was a very great franchise.

Sonic Boom is the most hated part of the franchise. Everyone knows it. But if somebody doesn't understand why Sonic gets more and more hate, here is the answer: We can forgive that if Boom was 'not the best'. But why they make several sequels for it? Even I don't understand this.

Here's an example. Sonic Dash was a quite good game, if you ask me. But why they had to make the second part a Sonic Boom edition?? If they made it a normal Sonic game, than it would be okay, but I guess SEGA must see people's feedback on Boom. And it's not the best.

And finally, excuse me, but I can't stop myself to write this funny discussion here :D :

- Ahh, Sonic Dash 2 is made in Boom style.

- And our last hope, this 'Mach 2' was Fire and Ice. :/

- Hey guys, don't worry! We still have hope! 2016 is Sonic's 25th anniversary, and SEGA always made a special game for anniversary events!

- Hah, stop dreamin'. There's nothing happened since 2011 that SEGA can be proud of.

*audience laughing* xD

It is okay to like Sonic. Just like it's okay to prefer the gospel choir soundtrack to Disney's Hercules over Jonathan Williams' work on Star Wars, or to enjoy rainy days as much as sunny days, or to even exist in the first place. It's okay to feel, have an opinion or think anything, as long as it's what you really believe. Unless you start hurting others or yourself as a direct cause of what you believe, think and feel, don't you dare doubt whatever truth lies inside you.

If there's anything truly destructible about the whole 'hating Sonic' thing that's been going on lately, it's making folks like you wonder if you're doing the right thing. Making you get all self-conscious about whether or not you like a fucking video game.

Fuck every dimwit in the peanut gallery for that. Fuck every whiny, predictable internet blog that heralds the death of Sonic and why he should die, fuck every git that takes online videos as the gospel truth who jumps on the series despite not playing it in donkey's years, and fuck every miserable sod that reposts the same ol' SANIC DOOM memes over and over again if the only effect they've had is make others feel worse about themselves.

There's a tendency for society to shame anyone who's even slightly different from the norm, and there's enough of that going around as is. So, yes. It is perfectly okay to like Sonic, never feel ashamed about that. And about those that hate the series? Let them; it's their opinions, which are perfectly okay for everyone to have, no matter what. It's only when those opinions are used to drive shitty causes or as excuses to act horrible towards people who're different that it's not okay.

Also, consider this: the general public, though I like to think otherwise, can demonstrate a scale of stupidity that makes Mike Judge's Idiocracy seem plausible. Ignore them, and they'll eventually change their mind. After all, we all used to think the Earth was flat, and that changed someday.

Don't let stupid shitheads get you down, mate. It's okay to like Sonic. Now go do that, and have a great day! :)

-Apollo Chungus

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course it's okay to like Sonic. It's okay to like any franchise. No matter how horrible people think it is, how poorly received it is, it's your opinions and nobody has a right to change them. 

And for you seeing hate for Sonic on the internet, that doesn't mean shit. It's just some dudes sitting behind computer monitors who you don't know and probably never will know. You got to learn not to take shit you hear online too seriously.  

There is hate for EVERYTHING on the internet. And you are going to get shit for saying or liking anything that another person doesn't like. You could have the most non-offensive response, or reply and try to be as nice as possible and you will have people cussing you out, and telling you you are an idiot and stuff.(Not here on SSMB of course, because we are respectable people. XD)

I'm just trying to say that you should say your a Sonic fan and enjoy it. Because you are going to hate from people no matter what. As long as you are on the internet, it's inevitable. It's always okay to have different opinions from other people. Just beware of the ones who think their opinion is more important than yours. 

• Thumbs Up 1