Awoo.

Ghostbusters "Who ya gonna call? The Meh busters!"

Badnik Mechanic

We had a topic. But it got sent to the containment unit during the crash.

Anyway long story short. Ghostbusters 3 got announced last year only it turned out to be more of a reboot. All new cast, all female comedians.

Well today we got some more news... Here is what Ecto 1 looks like.

Edit: Image doesn't work. Here is a link for now.

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/paul-feig-wants-you-to-see-the-new-ecto-1/

Spoiler

CJW6vnDWcAATGo5.jpg

I will add more pics and details later but currently on the mobile to pic linking is hard.

Also revealed are the suits and proton packs. There are also leaked images of filming doing the rounds too.

• Thumbs Up 1

It just so happens I found out why the series was rebooted.

• Thumbs Up 2

New proton packs and costumes don't look much different, slight variations on the originals. New Ecto doesn't look half as cool as the original but the idea of it being a crappy looking station wagon makes a lot of sense given the ghostbusters is supposed to be a budget operation so, yeah, I really like it, the logo hasn't changed which is nice and the little ghost hood ornament is cute so yeah....so far so good. The excitment begins.

I'll hold judgment until I see clips, because I'd still like to be optimistic and not condemn the idea right off the bat.

That said, those uniforms suck hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly the best way for me to describe my feelings about this film right now is by saying that it just looks like an unfunny SNL spoof of the original film.

Which wouldn't surprise me as quite a few of the actress' are actually from SNL anyway...

• Thumbs Up 3

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Trailer has dropped!

Oh dear, it is not funny at all is it? Sure, it's nice you remember the other films. Heck, one scene there was almost a recreation of a scene from the first film (except with a horrifying attempt at a joke). This has cash in written all over it, and unlike films that had that last year (Star Wars and Jurassic World), this trailer doesn't sell me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm really disappointed. 

Up until now, I had hopes for this film. I had no problem with a female cast and whatnot, as long as the movie is good and funny.

This trailer isn't good nor funny.

I think it looks hilarious. The Characters are fun, The Ghost's are really well designed and the Jokes were pretty funny IMHO. It looks like Ghostbusters to me.

Seems pretty shrugworthy so far. The trailer didn't really make me laugh, but I don't see enough reason to cast it as a complete failure yet.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like the look of the film.  The CGI is really cool, but I can't get into the characters.  They're more than a little bit obnoxious.

Not something I'll be seeing in all likelihood.

Yeah, so one reaction I gave after the trailer.

Like ugh. This just screams all time of terrible. I have no problems with an all female cast. I have no problems with updating the visuals, looks, and effects of the film, But this? THIS?! No. That was downright awful and screamed of just money grubbing a reboot out of a classic. They seem to think by having an all-female cast, it's automatically going to add a whole cool layer of personality to them, and make them as good characters as the original, when really they have absolutely none of the charm the original cast of characters had.

The new cast just scream sterotype and cliche. We have the "sassy" one who is basically every cliched "OH NO SHE DIDN'T" character, only this time it's Ghostbusters, and clearly they're trying to have Winston, but didn't actually understand what made him a cool character. We have the "over the top" one who's clearly trying to be Ray, and let has none of the fun element to her, and is just doing random shit for the sake of being random, while Ray's jokes were over-excited, but still were toned down. We have the leader, who seems to be the Egon of the group, and tries to add an element of Peter into it, but just completely fails, and the other one, who I'm assuming is meant to be Peter, acts more like a less over the top version of the girl trying to be Ray.

The humor is pretty awful as well. The thing that made the original so much better was the timing of the jokes, and how each one played off each other. Lines like Peter's classic "Yes, it's true. This man has no d**k", and "GO GET HIM RAY!" are much better jokes than stupid things like "Yeah, it got me everywhere, OH, and I meant everywhere!...do you get it now? every crack? if you don't get it, i'm referring to my private parts. haha its funny i guess". In the original, it's a simple, funny one liner where the joke is actually just implied, and works in two ways "He slimed me". Here, they are clearly trying to hammer in the joke so we know "HAHA THIS IS A JOKE ABOUT THE ORIGINAL, DO YA GET IT YET?!"

So congrats, you've managed to fuck up Ghostbusters, and turn it into another all-female cast comedy which is trying desperately to be raunchy, only this time, there's a beloved franchise attracted to it. Failin summed it up well.

42 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

I'm really disappointed. 

Up until now, I had hopes for this film. I had no problem with a female cast and whatnot, as long as the movie is good and funny.

This trailer isn't good nor funny.

If you want a actual true Ghostbusters sequel, just go get the PS3/Xbox 360 versions of Ghostbusters The Video Game. That was made from love for the franchise, and actually has an idea of how the comedy, and characters worked from the original two movies.

P.S: Why are they trying to make a big deal out of ghosts taking over peoples' bodies? Both Ghostbusters, and Ghostbusters 2, and even the Video Game I think had that exact element be a massive plot point, I.E: Dana, and Louis being taken over by The Gatekeeper, and the Keymaster in the original, and the Museum Owner being taken over by Vigo in Ghostbusters 2. This is not a new plot point at all, and the jokes they try to make from it are pretty terrible. 

• Thumbs Up 4

It was so so to me. I like the look of the movie too, but the humor tries to harken back to the cheeiseness of the original movie which doesn't work 30 years later. 

Someone can help me out here, but from the words at the beginning is this supposed to be a pseudo sequel/reboot to the original movies? I really haven't been following it.

Go back and watch the trailers for the first two films those were just as bland and look how well those movies turned out. I'll give this movie the benefit of the doubt. Don't get me wrong the trailer wasn't that impressive but man this movie is getting a lot of hate.

1 minute ago, Dejimon11 said:

Go back and watch the trailers for the first two films those were just as bland and look how well those movies turned out. I'll give this movie the benefit of the doubt. Don't get me wrong the trailer wasn't that impressive but man this movie is getting a lot of hate.

The movie is getting a lot of hate because it's obviously showing signs of trying to be another one of those "raunchy" films that think the comedy just comes from making a bunch of either cliche jokes, or adult jokes, only this time attaching a classic franchise to it, so it generally comes off as a middle finger to fans. The reason why it's getting more hate compared to the first two movies is if I remember correctly, the actresses in the film are known for raunchy comedies that have come out recently, and turned out to not even be that good, so when a trailer releases that displays exactly that, what exactly do you think the reaction would be? And before you say "don't judge a movie from two minutes of footage you saw", that's exactly what we're meant to do. When you see a trailer, it's meant to get you excited and invested to see it. The trailer is meant to be what convinces you to say "This movie is looking pretty cool, I'll have to give it a watch when it releases".

And I did what you asked, and saw the original, and I greatly disagree. The original trailer has a great sense of building up atmosphere, and showing some of the most classic themes you'll hear. It also shows us some of the classic lines from the movie, and shows us how each Ghostbuster works off each other. How can you tell me lines like Peter's "...Is this a trick question...?", and other lines aren't exactly great? You can make an argument about the narration, but you have to keep in mind that also, it's a product of it's time, and a good amount of trailers in the 80s also included these kind of narriations, so I don't feel it's fair to judge it on that sole fact.

• Thumbs Up 5

This just looks fucking awful. As I said way back when it was annnounced it just looks like an unfunny SNL skit - featuring such comedic jokes like Melissa McCarthy falling over and Leslie Jones being her usual self...

• Thumbs Up 1

The way I see it, this movie is trying to tread the water between the fans of the original movies who are really passionate about how this movie carries the spirit of those with respect, and the causal movie goers the studio is hoping to have them onboard the GB train. Since after all, it's clear that's a reason behind something like this in the first place.

Everythng about this was awful.

It looked like a low budget internet parody.

• Thumbs Up 3

I do like that they are trying something new with the cast and especially for a rehash. The trailer is OK but I wouldn't be climbing over people to see it in theaters. I rather way for it on blu-ray.

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know, maybe I'm judging this too early, maybe it's my prejudice against Sony Pictures, or just my general distaste for reboots beating out any original ideas, but this trailer makes me want to say that this movie's a stinker already.  It's hardly funny, treating it in a dramatic way is missing the point and the fact that it isn't connected to the previous two by being a sort of passing of the torch story really bugs me.  I wasn't bothered for this to being with, now I just want to completely avoid it.

Way too early to judge. The style of comedy is more contemporary to fit with the new time (and new desired audience) but it's certainly more tame and lighthearted than any other comedy movie or skit I've seen from these girls, and the director. The movie looks great visually as well.

It has every opportunity to be what it strives for - a great comedy fitting snuggly into an established franchise for younger audiences (especially young girls) to have new heroes to look up to. Staying optimistic about this, I find little to be insulted about.

• Thumbs Up 4